Page 256 of 1289 [ 20624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 1289  Next

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 12:52 am

Went and saw Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D over the weekend. After seeing it four times in its original release, that movie was just as amazing in a fifth theatrical viewing. I was 8 years old when that movie came out, kids of the 70's had Star Wars as their big movie experience, I had Jurassic Park. Watching it on the big screen again, my emotions mirrored those of Alan Grant when he first laid eyes on the brachiosaurs and that amazing John Williams music had me nearly in tears. I felt like a kid again.

ArtificialSmile
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2013, 1:09 am

Django Unchained. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 2:46 pm

Spring Breakers

It was better than I thought it would be.

Think of this as Quentin Tarantino's version of The Hangover.

Four friends go on Spring Break together and meet a rapper who is also an illegal arms dealer. One of the friends has enough sense in her to go back to where she & the other three came from after the rapper/arms dealer shows them what sort of crime he likes to commit.

This is a movie that is not meant to be taken seriously and it's already considered a cult classic. If you want to see this, the best thing you can do is to be as open-minded as you can while watching this, as this movie obviously is not for everyone.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 3:42 pm

The Caine Mutiny

Humphrey Bogart plays a US Navy Captain who gets relieved by his first officer after showing signs mental instability. Afterwards, the first officer faces court martial for mutiny.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 11:14 pm

I am a drama addict now.

I really enjoyed 'Gideon's Daughter' and 'Shooting the past' by Stephen poliakoff. They are BBC dramas, not technically movies, but are beautiful. In Gideon's Daughter, Emily Blunt plays a daughter whose father is about to lose her to university. Her father is a PR man responsible for promoting and planning the Millennium celebrations, but loses care for that when it looks like she might leave for good.

"Shooting the Past" takes place in a photo library and is about the danger of going into the danger of a future that is not influenced by the past. The library's building is about to be sold to a new college, and the head librarian will do anything to prevent the collection from being split up or lost.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 11:30 pm

Hitchcock.

Anthony Hopkins stars as Alfred Hitchcock making his greatest and most famous film, Psycho. Hitchcock is portrayed as a terribly insecure man, haunted by his own obsessions, including fantasy romances with his female stars, while having a real life sexless marriage to his wife, Alma, played by Helen Mirren. He truly loves Alma, who he has more of professional relationship with (she was his editor) than a romantic relationship, but at the same time, he's insanely jealous of her relationship with a hack of a screen writer. While Hitchcock's virtually worshiped for his theatrical achievements, the studio believes his best days are behind him, and so he's forced to mortgage his house and risks his reputation to finance Psycho. Especially compelling are the scenes where Hitchcock, dreaming or feverish, interacts with, and carries on conversations with Ed Gein - the real life basis of Norman Bates - who perhaps represents Hitch's hidden, obsessive side.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 11:32 pm

HUGO
REC 3 Genesis

both on netflix streaming.
hugo was just amazing. i gave it 10 out of 5 stars. i want to live in hugo's world, navigating through the walls like he did, knowing how to fix mechanical things like he did. just a really awesome magical world!

rec 3... wow... it was good, but not amazing. the american version is quarantine. but the REC series...is spanish, thank god for subtitles and the ability to read. there is supposed to be a 4th one. so i need to go back and watch Rec 1 and 2.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 12:46 am

Liked Hugo too! Have you read 'the invention of Hugo Cabret' by Brian Selznick, on which it was based? Blows your mind....

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 10:43 am

Twins
Lincoln
My Cousin Vinny

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 11:39 am

Love My Cousin Vinny.

And A Fish Called Wanda

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 9:47 am

My cousin vinny is great. Not just because I am a yoot.
Today I am seeing Oz The Great and Powerful.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 1:43 pm

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about Oz. It played my town for a couple weeks, but didn't stay for long.

My favorite My Cousin Vinny parts: where he wears the ringmaster outfit, and the last court scene.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

I saw Jack the Giant Slayer a couple weeks ago. It was a nice retelling, but kind of fell flat when it came to the finish.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 7:44 pm

managertina wrote:
I'd love to hear what you all have to say about Oz. It played my town for a couple weeks, but didn't stay for long.

My favorite My Cousin Vinny parts: where he wears the ringmaster outfit, and the last court scene.

I liked it. I Liked the way it tied into the original Wizard of Oz. I thought James Franco was good as Oz. I also liked the opening in Black and white. It was a very sweet film. Some people might not like the sweetness. I didn't mind that aspect of it.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 11:24 pm

That's good to know! So I will look for it on DVD.

As for me, my next films are 'Lady and the Tramp', 'Dark Shadows' and 'Just Like Heaven'.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2013, 10:51 am

managertina wrote:
Liked Hugo too! Have you read 'the invention of Hugo Cabret' by Brian Selznick, on which it was based? Blows your mind....

not yet...but i think i will!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
My ASD AQ score is 42
#DemandCartoonDiversity