Page 262 of 1289 [ 20624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 1289  Next

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:29 pm

Monsters (2010)

Low-budget monster movie made by the guy who's directing the new American Godzilla movie that's coming out next year. It's about as good as a monster movie can be on a budget of less than $1 million. It's very slow and talky, but it's well-acted, written, and directed. It has a point to make without getting preachy, the few creature scenes are well-done, and it's short enough that it doesn't wear out its welcome. Can't wait to see the new Godzilla now. I wanna see what this guy can do with a budget.

Last edited by Jory on 29 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

Patriot Games.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 2:53 pm

World Trade Center and Zero Dark Thirty

World Trade Center depicts the 9/11 events through the eyes of two Port Authority cops who become trapped under the rubble of the towers. Directed by Oliver Stone.

Zero Dark Thirty

Depicts the decade-long hunt for Osama Bin Laden after 9/11 and the raid in May of 2011 that resulted in his death. Warning: Contains brutal torture scenes in the first part of the movie.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 3:07 pm

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

David Fincher's dark and gritty adaptation of the Swedish crime novel sees Daniel Craig's disgraced journalist investigate the disappearance of a wealthy industrialist's niece, presumed missing from 40 years ago. He seeks out the aid of Rooney Mara's brilliant, yet anti-social computer hacker to uncover the truth, discovering a world of corruption and violence.

Though not as much a cult classic as it's Swedish counterpart, it's still great. The rape scene can be hard to stomach, but it's worth it, product placement aside.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 3:25 pm

MUD

Two teenage boys meet a mysterious fugitive who lives on a deserted island in the US South. In exchange for giving him food, the fugitive assures the boys they can have his boat that is stuck in a tree.

At first I thought this was a rip-off of the Jason Bourne movies, but it was more of a homage to the works of Mark Twain and Charles Dickens.

Matthew McConaughey was great as the title character who treats the teenage boys as if they were his own children.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 5:01 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
MUD

Two teenage boys meet a mysterious fugitive who lives on a deserted island in the US South. In exchange for giving him food, the fugitive assures the boys they can have his boat that is stuck in a tree.

At first I thought this was a rip-off of the Jason Bourne movies, but it was more of a homage to the works of Mark Twain and Charles Dickens.

Matthew McConaughey was great as the title character who treats the teenage boys as if they were his own children.

I thought it sounded a little like the opening of Dickens' Great Expectation.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

Saw Warhorse, because over a year ago is recent.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 2:11 am

Olympus Has Fallen (2013) - I don't know what to say about this movie. If it was to be taken serious, I think it is ridiculous of all the plot holes in the story. If it was to be taken as just a movie then I would think it would have been better to be fit in with the Die Hard franchise. Maybe over time it will be a nice made for home tv type movie when children want to watch some action hero movie.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 2:53 pm

Recount- The story of the 2000 election/Bush v. Gore fiasco. I really like the Kevin Spacey, Denis Leary, Bob Balaban, Tom Wilkenson mixture in this picture.

V3n0m777
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2013, 11:10 pm

I've been searching for unusual films to add to my collection lately. Watched one called - Enter The Void (2009) and that was really bizarre. Its hard to explain if you haven't seen it, like watching a dream or perhaps it was someone's nightmare being played out across the screen. I don't recommend it if you are easily bothered by disturbing things, but an interesting experience if you seek the truly unusual.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 11:54 pm

V3n0m777 wrote:
I've been searching for unusual films to add to my collection lately. Watched one called - Enter The Void (2009) and that was really bizarre. Its hard to explain if you haven't seen it, like watching a dream or perhaps it was someone's nightmare being played out across the screen. I don't recommend it if you are easily bothered by disturbing things, but an interesting experience if you seek the truly unusual.

Sounds like my kind of movie! :D

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 11:40 am

Iron Man 3

The third outing for Marvel's mechanised superhero. This time, Tony Stark (RDJ) is struggling to adapt to life after the events of Avengers Assemble and has obsessively built more Iron Man suits in his home. Not only does this cause friction between him and Pepper Potts, he also has to deal with Guy Pearce's slimy and vengeful scientist, as well as the sinister terrorist known only as The Mandarin.

An excellent trilogy closer, with snappy dialogue courtesy of Shane Black and a bombastic finale. Catch it if you can!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 2:47 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Iron Man 3

The third outing for Marvel's mechanised superhero. This time, Tony Stark (RDJ) is struggling to adapt to life after the events of Avengers Assemble and has obsessively built more Iron Man suits in his home. Not only does this cause friction between him and Pepper Potts, he also has to deal with Guy Pearce's slimy and vengeful scientist, as well as the sinister terrorist known only as The Mandarin.

An excellent trilogy closer, with snappy dialogue courtesy of Shane Black and a bombastic finale. Catch it if you can!

Glad to hear it. I am going this weekend.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 3:01 pm

X-Men: The Last Stand

Third X-Men movie. A cure is found for the Mutant gene and Jean Grey returns as the Dark Phoenix as battle lines are drawn.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 7:22 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Iron Man 3

Glad to hear it. I am going this weekend.

I'm glad too. I might go either Friday or Saturday, depending on how much HW I need to do.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2013, 9:03 am

W-Oliver Stones George W. Bush movie.