Page 264 of 1289 [ 20623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267 ... 1289  Next

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 2:39 pm

Just saw Iron Man 3 yesterday afternoon, and it was awesome!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 4:10 pm

Rise of the Guardians

Jack Frost joins Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and the Sandman against Pitch who threatens the children of the world with fear and nightmares. Great film!

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 4:22 pm

Ginger and Rosa

I enjoyed it very much. I enjoy reading about the Cuban Missile Crisis so this film was right up my alley.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 5:09 pm

tcorrielus wrote:

everything said in the quote...i want to be my exact words! (except that it was sunday afternoon, same time as the poster)

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Lunariel7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2013, 1:49 am

I seen The Host last week. It was horribly boring. The book is so much more exciting.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 10:50 am

Simmian7 wrote:
tcorrielus wrote:

everything said in the quote...i want to be my exact words! (except that it was sunday afternoon, same time as the poster)

I am going again today to see this. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:55 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Simmian7 wrote:
tcorrielus wrote:

I am going again today to see this. :D

I might go today after class.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 3:41 pm

Les Misérables

The 2012 mostly-singing dialogue version of the story. Great singing, great film!

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 3:53 pm

Olympus has fallen.

Violent and seems to remind me of Lockout.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 5:14 pm

Wandering_Stranger wrote:
Olympus has fallen.

Violent and seems to remind me of Lockout.

A similar movie like Olympus Has Fallen is set for release in June called White House Down, with Jamie Foxx as the President and Channing Tatum as a Secret Service Agent.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 11:05 am

ParaNorman

A boy who can see dead people (Not Cole Sear from The Sixth Sense) faces against an old curse that threatens his town.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 12:52 am

Finally got around to watching kung fu panda, film as a whole was good but the ending was putrid, (SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT) no one witnessed the final fight so they had no reason to cheer the protagonist. THe protagonist's developemet in kung-fu didn't seem as good as the antagonists. They also turned the final fight into a joke, with the panda laughing and the antagonist make silly retorts. I had afeeling they were going to throw away all of the development in a favor of a ..."Well the protagonist wins because well, the protagonist wins!...end movie, roll credits." it was my worst fear in watching the movie. The master obviously deeply loves his former student, so why he wasn't in a miserable heap in the end is beyond me.

Some of the other side character lack abit of charm too, not sure why they decided to work with snakes and a cricket as students (probably something to do with chinese mythology I guess?), the only characterst o have any charm was the crane, monkey and tigress.

But yea that ending just left a bad taste in ym mouth, just feels like it's another narrative where the protagonist wins because he's the protagonist. This is a case where you would have a better ending if the protagonist didn't win by brute force, but by the antagonists change of heart. In fact I feel that the bulk of the film's emotional component is the antagonist relationship with his former master, that scene where he confronts his master is a real tear-jerker, and his frustration is something that almost anyone can relate to.

All in all I think they would of had a better film if they humanized the antagonist and redeemed him, the plot didn't really set itself up for him being defeated by brute force, I mean the protagonist at best was at a draw with the master after the training montage was over. He didn't dominate him like he did the antagonist.

Frankly I think the film crew didn't want to go with an unconventional ending because it would have been risky, pity, because I think the movie would of been better off. Oh well. Good movie nonetheless.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 2:33 am

Iron Man 3 - meh, not my taste, but at least I went to see what all the commotion was all about. At least I can join a conversation about it now.

Oskar86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2013, 8:08 am

I saw gone in 60 seconds yesterday, seen it before. Really hate that movie in every therm immaginable. But still find it entertaining. I dont recommend it :P Guilty pleassure?

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2013, 8:21 am

Stalk wrote:
Iron Man 3 - meh, not my taste, but at least I went to see what all the commotion was all about. At least I can join a conversation about it now.

I saw this the other day. Okay, but rather disappointing. Especially at $15.25 for the ticket. Ouch. (And maybe it is the fact that I wear glasses somehow mucking things up visually, but I wasn't all that impressed with the way the 3D was shown on-screen.)

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 8:27 am

Sleepy Hollow- 1999 Burton version.