Page 29 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 93  Next

dragonzatch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jun 2014, 2:35 am

Watched the first three episodes of Clannad. I really love this series already, and it's taking a lot of effort not to start episode four (only because it's 2:30 in the morning and I have to get up early tomorrow/today).

I love Nagisa's dad. xD

Though I made the mistake of looking him up and now I know something that happens with Nagisa in season 2 (stupid YouTube suggestions). :(

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2014, 4:21 am

I guess we've entered a new age indeed if Netflix is suddenly grabbing rights to unlicensed-in-the-West anime... Hope Knights of Sidonia works out for those who're willing to try it out. I'm totally thrilled to hear that Artland got funding for a further Mushi-shi outing too.

Anyway, still totally enjoying Moribito, though ack, I'm reaching the series end. Shame that Media Blasters folded, because it was a really well done dub and all too... I wonder if I can pick it up on DVD somewhere...

I wonder if the recently announced Sōkyū no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Exodus is worth looking into when it begins next year... I've not heard of Xebec doing a full-length non-ecchi tv series on their own for a while now...

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2014, 11:19 pm

I prefer subs, so I usually end up getting discs from Netflix.

Is the Order a Rabbit? ended, and it did its job of lowering my blood pressure all the way through.

I've started watching Revolutionary Girl Utena, and I like it so far. The arena opening song has grown on me.

SorriorDragneel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2014, 5:41 am

Yeah hardcore..Though ALOT less then i was(losing 5 terabytes did a number on me)..But yeah over 570 series watched and still going LOL. I used to watch every type of series and show i could but mellowed more lately.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2014, 1:22 pm

Just started Tokyo Ghoul.

The first episode was beyond fantastic as a dark fantasy series opener, animation wise (Studio Pierrot must've had a huge budget for this first episode because the art, cineamtography and lighting quality was like practically movie-quality). And I'm more than intrigued to see what happens to the protagonist Ken Kaneki following his... condition.

I'm glad Funimation rushed to pick up the rights for this. Definetely looking forward to seeing more.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2014, 10:52 pm

I finished the first arc of Utena, and I will view the rest soon. My light intermittent entertainment, Mahoromatic, surprised me on the second viewing. What I'd first seen as an ecchi anime with some sci-fi elements became a complex first contact story (with ecchi elements).

Pom Poko was fun. Did the dubbed version keep all the scrotum humor?

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2014, 12:05 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I finished the first arc of Utena, and I will view the rest soon. My light intermittent entertainment, Mahoromatic, surprised me on the second viewing. What I'd first seen as an ecchi anime with some sci-fi elements became a complex first contact story (with ecchi elements).

Pom Poko was fun. Did the dubbed version keep all the scrotum humor?

Disney narrowly got around this by calling them "raccoon pouches" in the dub.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 3:53 am

Currently drawn to One Piece at episode 652 Naruto Shipuden and Hunter X Hunter 2011!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

JamXmed
Raven
Raven

06 Jul 2014, 4:19 pm

just thought i'd return to say Akame ga Kill, though good is extremely gorey and has a rather f****d up story. This information is from after reading the manga and finding out it would be turned into an anime. I would recommend it to anyone who is ok with fanservice followed by decapitations as well as the idea that not a single character is safe. Not a single character is immune to the idea that they're a main character so they can't die. They will most probably die at some point.

(>0.0)> ==)==)==)==)

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2014, 12:00 am

JamXmed wrote:
just thought i'd return to say Akame ga Kill, though good is extremely gorey and has a rather f**** up story. This information is from after reading the manga and finding out it would be turned into an anime. I would recommend it to anyone who is ok with fanservice followed by decapitations as well as the idea that not a single character is safe. Not a single character is immune to the idea that they're a main character so they can't die. They will most probably die at some point.

I just watched Akame ga Kill myself. But I wouldn't go as far as saying the story is as estoeric as you described it. Yes, there's a bit of bloody violence but we're not talking Pupa levels of mutilated corpses.

Anyway, to be positive, I personally found Akame ga Kill rather entertaining. The first half had me worried that it may be a slightly better animated version of Fairy Tail, but the second half of the story saved it for me, if only because I didn't see a lot of things coming. And whilst fanservicey once or twice, it wasn't ridiculous like Demon King Daimao or creepily inappropiate like the Fate series.

I'm definetely curious to see how White Fox handle it, and how they'll interpret things. Not quite sold on the voice-actors yet (why do all the girls sound like they're all on autotune?) but it's early days yet.

JamXmed
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2014, 2:48 am

BlankCanvas wrote:
JamXmed wrote:
just thought i'd return to say Akame ga Kill, though good is extremely gorey and has a rather f**** up story. This information is from after reading the manga and finding out it would be turned into an anime. I would recommend it to anyone who is ok with fanservice followed by decapitations as well as the idea that not a single character is safe. Not a single character is immune to the idea that they're a main character so they can't die. They will most probably die at some point.

I just watched Akame ga Kill myself. But I wouldn't go as far as saying the story is as estoeric as you described it. Yes, there's a bit of bloody violence but we're not talking Pupa levels of mutilated corpses.

Anyway, to be positive, I personally found Akame ga Kill rather entertaining. The first half had me worried that it may be a slightly better animated version of Fairy Tail, but the second half of the story saved it for me, if only because I didn't see a lot of things coming. And whilst fanservicey once or twice, it wasn't ridiculous like Demon King Daimao or creepily inappropiate like the Fate series.

I'm definetely curious to see how White Fox handle it, and how they'll interpret things. Not quite sold on the voice-actors yet (why do all the girls sound like they're all on autotune?) but it's early days yet.

Yeah :/ i was mostly talking about the manga being rather gory so i expected the anime to be just as bad. in all fairness, the first chapter wasn't even that gory so i can expect it to get worse. but the whole main characters are still at risk :L wait for a few episodes in when the heads start flying, literally.

(>0.0)> ==)==)==)==)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 6:10 am

I also watched the first episode of Akame ga Kill, kind of makes me think of Chaika - The Coffin Princess, although I am guessing a little more extreme, which is rather shocking in itself.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2014, 3:09 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I also watched the first episode of Akame ga Kill, kind of makes me think of Chaika - The Coffin Princess, although I am guessing a little more extreme, which is rather shocking in itself.

I wasn't aware Chaika had even started yet; I was told that it was an autumn project... or maybe I got my lines crossed and was told when Sentai Filmworks were dubbing it, opposed to when the series had started in Japan.

I know Bones are behind the anime adaptation, so the animation's bound to be good... buuuut, seeing as you've seen it (presumably)... any good?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 11:08 pm

BlankCanvas wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

I wasn't aware Chaika had even started yet; I was told that it was an autumn project... or maybe I got my lines crossed and was told when Sentai Filmworks were dubbing it, opposed to when the series had started in Japan.

I know Bones are behind the anime adaptation, so the animation's bound to be good... buuuut, seeing as you've seen it (presumably)... any good?

Yeah Chaika was pretty good, there will be another season coming and most comments I have seen are that they do want to watch more, it was among the more popular shows last season. Some good action, comedy, world building, and I think characters too.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlOvzRfofBA[/youtube]
Was not the best thing of the season, No Game No Life almost unquestionably holds that title, but I think it was good. Chaika's speech pattern can at first sound like she is being over moefied, but it has some reasoning, and kind of has its charm.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2014, 11:25 pm

... oh dear... I'm not really sold by that opening I'm afraid... which is a shame as Bones are usually so good with their choices...

In any event, maybe I'll give Chaika the four-episode rule and see where it goes...

Anyway, as long as you and other people enjoyed No Game No Life, that's what counts. I'm not really the target audience so I can't comment...

unit_00
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2014, 11:36 pm

BlankCanvas wrote:
I guess we've entered a new age indeed if Netflix is suddenly grabbing rights to unlicensed-in-the-West anime... Hope Knights of Sidonia works out for those who're willing to try it out. I'm totally thrilled to hear that Artland got funding for a further Mushi-shi outing too.

Anyway, still totally enjoying Moribito, though ack, I'm reaching the series end. Shame that Media Blasters folded, because it was a really well done dub and all too... I wonder if I can pick it up on DVD somewhere...

I wonder if the recently announced Sōkyū no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Exodus is worth looking into when it begins next year... I've not heard of Xebec doing a full-length non-ecchi tv series on their own for a while now...

i'm totally excited for the newest season of fafner. :P but that's because i'm a super fan. have you seen the movie or any of the series? the art style looks like it will be a little better (lol sameface syndrome...) but i'm a bit nervous on what they'll do with the plot. although it's the only anime i have any merchandise from, i'm not sure i'd recommend it to everyone.