Page 4 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 3:02 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
GizmoGirl, here is a choice but, mind you though I'm not sure how autistic the character is though yet, a good film overall.. I am Sam..

Did you read my post?

nansnick
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 10:47 am

LosFrida wrote:
:lmao: Oh my goodness that looks cute. I'll definately have to watch for it.

It's definitely worth it 8)

The Indian film board (I'm not sure if that's what they're called, if not, I apologize) tried to have it nominated for an Oscar but was unfortunately turned down. It definitely has potential and it's, hands down, a lot better than some of the foreign nominations that year.

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2009, 2:12 pm

I've only seen Snow Cake. I really liked it.

autismrocks
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2009, 7:47 pm

pigsrock wrote:
autism the musical
hey this is autismrocks - :albino: has anyone evr seen autism x6 they r frm salt lake cyit utah they r my adoptd familey all 6 kidshave autism sry7 if u include me gizmo my nikname- cuz i likey the gremlins- gizmo i no there websight they have taght me alot about autism and my autism too

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 10:27 pm

DanasSoliloquy wrote:
Nobody's mentioned Forrest Gump (1994).
Although not a classic autism movie, it has to be one of my favourite portrayals of autism of all time. Forrest displays so many of the characteristics that I'd be damned if he wasn't at least mild Asperger's.

Forrest Gump doesn't have Asperger's, he's mentally delayed.

There's a new movie coming out this summer, called "Adam" and it is specifically about a young man with AS.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Redbird
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2009, 11:28 am

Yeah, I would say that it would have to be "Rain Man" and "Molly" starring Elizabeth Shue.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 8:17 pm

jrandom42 wrote:
Has got to be "A Beautiful Mind". It very deftly captures John Nash's genius and struggles to fit into NT society. Nothing else I've seen has ever come close

John Nash has Schizophrenia, not Autism. There are similarities between the two. I used to watch that movie daily. It really is a great movie.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 8:19 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
Try the film, of mice and men..

I've read the book and watched the movie. Who do you think has Autism in the film?

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 8:26 pm

I've seen that no one has mentioned House of Cards. It's not my favorite, but it's good if you really want to watch a movie about Autism.

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2009, 12:30 am

pigsrock wrote:
autism the musical

FINALLY! This movie (even though it's not really a movie) is a more honest portrayal of auties AND Aspies than a lot of the stuff other people on here have mentioned. The musical they ended up doing in the movie was pretty corny (no offense to those who liked this movie), but the kids, esp. Henry and Wyatt, seem like people I could actually relate to! I just can't say the same for "Rain Man". Sure, maybe Dustin Hoffman's character would've been an accurate comparison to me back when I was in 3rd grade and 5th grade and got really horrible behavioral results from taking Prozac and Zoloft, but otherwise that character is NOTHING like me or any other Aspies I know. BTW, that last sentence is NOT meant to be taken as an insult, I really DID take those medications and that's truly the one time in my life (if any) that I could've seen myself as Raymond Babbitt.

"Mozart and the Whale" I have seen but the characters were so flat, and...again...stereotypes, and ill-informed ones at that. I know that the story was based on an actual couple with AS, but I think Hollywood messed with them when they made the characters.

"Napoleon Dynamite" was really good, but the fact that the title character pretty much lacked a sense of humor also bothered me. Despite what the stereotypes say, a lot of the Aspies I've come to know can be REALLY funny!

Would anyone here count "Revenge of the Nerds" as an autie movie? Probably not, but remember, they ARE nerds :P Plus the way Lewis laughs and is naive about what the cheerleaders tell him at the beginning of the movie totally seem like AS stereotypes, and the fact that Wormser is in college even though he's 12 years old (and he's good at aerodynamics too), not to mention everything about the character Poindexter (how he gets easily afraid of things, he's eerily quiet, he thinks he's good at the violin even though he isn't, etc.) As for the other characters, Gilbert didn't seem like his character was one that I really got to know through the movie, Takashi is just a "nerd" since he's a foreign exchange student, Lamar is more of an outcast than a nerd because of his....ummm.... "alternative lifestyle", and I dunno why Booger is even considered a nerd in the movie (but his character's hilarious!) The Omega Mu girls, particularly Judy and the nameless girl that Poindexter talked to also seemed Aspie.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 2:17 pm

Mozard and the whale is nothing compared to ben x, ben x is a far more intense film, with better romance (in my opinion), deep focus on bullying (some of the worst iv'e seen in my entire life 8O) i thought i was bullied bad in school!!. The meltdowns that he throws makes me wonder if he is autie instead of AS though, but i think this movie is recommended to a more adult audience

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 6:59 pm

GriffinGuitar12 wrote:
pigsrock wrote:
autism the musical

FINALLY! This movie (even though it's not really a movie) is a more honest portrayal of auties AND Aspies than a lot of the stuff other people on here have mentioned. The musical they ended up doing in the movie was pretty corny (no offense to those who liked this movie), but the kids, esp. Henry and Wyatt, seem like people I could actually relate to! I just can't say the same for "Rain Man".

You mean there's really something called "Autism the Musical"? I thought it was a joke!

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2009, 12:43 am

irishwhistle wrote:
GriffinGuitar12 wrote:
pigsrock wrote:
autism the musical

FINALLY! This movie (even though it's not really a movie) is a more honest portrayal of auties AND Aspies than a lot of the stuff other people on here have mentioned. The musical they ended up doing in the movie was pretty corny (no offense to those who liked this movie), but the kids, esp. Henry and Wyatt, seem like people I could actually relate to! I just can't say the same for "Rain Man".

You mean there's really something called "Autism the Musical"? I thought it was a joke!

Nope, it ain't...Surprise! :P BTW, Henry in "Autism the Musical" is Stephen Stills' (from '60s folk-rock groups Buffalo Springfield and Crosby Stills and Nash) son (well, really, one of his many sons). Another kid in the movie, Adam, also had a famous parent, it was his mom and she was a fashion model or something in the '80s but I forgot what her name was.

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 4:18 am

Rain man

Snow Cake

Motsart and the Whale

Murcury rising

currently I am watching The boy who could fly and let me tell you, it's pretty cracked up. Apparenly autistic people can fly -our secrit is out. The film has an eratic plot line and very few of the charicters are likeable acept the autistic boy. Also, due to the age of the film itself, the special affects are bad.

In the end, all the people's problems are sloved because the autistic boy can fly. Oh and the bully's dog's name is Hitler.

wow....

SierraStoneshield
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2010, 1:23 pm

I would not recommend Miracle Run. It was so damn melodramatic, the mother was an airhead, and I didn't buy that the kids where autistic.

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2010, 8:11 am

No media on autism should be seen by the public so many lie infested messages.