Page 312 of 1288 [ 20604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 ... 1288  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm

^^^
But for the grace of God go any of us.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2014, 10:38 am

Cliffhanger.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2014, 2:46 pm

Rocky V

Fourth and weakest sequel to Rocky. After his brutal fight with Ivan Drago, Rocky has to retire after finding out he has brain damage and upon facing bankruptcy, moves back to his old apartment. Rocky then takes in a protege who betrays him.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 6:23 am

Captain Blood

Excellent Swashbuckler movie about a doctor wrongfully sold into slavery who, also with his fellow slaves, escape and become pirates.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 10:50 am

Wordplay.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 5:44 am

Shadow of a Doubt

Hitchcock film where a young woman is visited by her Uncle Charlie and comes to realize he's a murderer of rich widows.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 11:06 am

Nebraska.
I liked it a lot. I loved the old wife June Squibb. Just give her the Oscar please.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 10:40 pm

Bad Grandpa.

Johny Knoxville is completely unrecognizable under makeup as an eighty three year old man, who, after his daughter is sent to prison, goes on a hilarious road trip with his grandson, who he has to deliver to his waste of working organs son-in-law.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 10:55 pm

Caught Elysium this afternoon before the game.

It seems as if Neill Blomkamp is the only guy putting good SF on film anymore.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 10:51 am

The Wolf of Wall Street

Martin Scorsese's 18 feature length charters the rise and fall of ambitious stockbroker Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio) who refuses to cooperate in a large fraud case involving corruption on Wall Street when his illegal actions attract the attention of the FBI.

Be warned. There is copious helpings of sex, drug use, strippers, orgies, debauchery, gratuitous swearing and black comedy that powers TWOWS as a riotous, in-yer-face ride of 90's excess. DiCaprio is on fire, and Jonah Hill steals the show as a vulgar stockbroker with pearly white teeth. Matthew McConaughey cameos as Leo's boss, Margot Robbie plays a blonde model trophy wife, and Joanna Lumley makes a surprise appearance as the relative of Belfort's wife.

In short; Absolutely hilarious and brilliant.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2014, 10:54 am

The Skin I Live In (La piel que habito)

Adapted from Thierry Jonquet's 1984 French novel Mygale (Tarantula) , Pedro Almodóvar's film opens with surgeon Robert Ledgard (Antonio Banderas) in disgrace. Despite a successful symposium on having artificially cultivated an artificial skin resistant to burns and insect bites, Ledgard has performing illegal transgenetic experiments on human beings. The human being in question is a young woman by the name of Vera (Elena Anaya), who, for all intents and purposes, appears to be held captive as an experiment in Ledgard's villa. From there begins an... ambitious unsettling tale of Ledgard's and Vera's pasts, their relationship and what the future holds.

It's hard to categorise this film because it's not quite horror, but not melodrama either, it's a real twisted Pandora's Box. At any rate, I enjoyed this film immensely for its atmosphere, psychological drama and multi-layered complexity.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm

It.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 4:24 pm

Paranormal Activity

A young couple set up a camera and become disturbed by a nightly demonic presence. Movie is entirely seen through 'found footage' by the camera.

Rocky Balboa

Fifth and final sequel to Rocky. Many years after retiring, a computer simutation shows Rocky (In his prime) beating the current heavyweight champ Mason 'The Line' Dixon. Afterwards, Rocky comes out of retirement to face him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 12:22 am

The Master.

A traumatized WWII veteran, Freddy Quell (Joaquin Phoenix), usually drunk and on the run (quite literally at times) finds himself taken in by a thinly disguised L. Ron Hubbard, and self described author, philosopher, nuclear physicist, etc. named Sinclair Dodd (the late Philip Seymour Hoffman). Claiming that he can cure leukemia and insanity with past lives regression dating back trillions of years, Freddy becomes his most fanatical and violent devotee. Despite being told that Freddy is bad news, Dodd says he must help him, as he helps broken people. But Dodd is of course nothing but a charlatan, and is the most broken of all, and it becomes clear his fascination with Freddy is of a homoerotic nature.
Very worthwhile movie.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2014, 6:18 am

Away From Her

A 2006 independent Canadian drama, that follows the trials and tribulations of married pensioners, Grant and Fiona.

Fiona is institutionalised with Alzheimer's and a month after she is committed to a rest home, Grant is horrified to find that his wife has completely forgotten who he is. As time goes on, the situation worsens each time Grant visits her, he finds that Fiona's love for him has transferred onto a wheelchaired mute man by the name of Aubrey.

What follows is a difficult and testing time for both Grant and Aubrey's partner, Marian.

I found this an engaging and very down to earth story, with top-notch performances from Julie Christie and Gordon Pinset. Very touching as it's so very human.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2014, 9:50 am

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

It was skeletastic!