Page 320 of 1290 [ 20635 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323 ... 1290  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 2:33 pm

Jaws

Classic thriller from the mid-1970s. A great white shark terrorizes a summer vacation town and the only people who can bring order back are the town's chief of police, a marine biologist, and an obviously insane shark hunter.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

10 Mar 2014, 2:51 pm

Peabody and Sherman. Damn, that was a great movie.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2014, 4:23 pm

Slap Shot

Strange satire Hockey movie starring Paul Newman as the player coach of a A failing ice hockey team that finds success using constant fighting and violence during games.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 11:31 am

The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler

The story of Irena Sendler, a social worker who was part of the Polish underground during World War II. She helps save the lives of nearly 2,500 Jewish children by smuggling them out of the Warsaw ghetto. Eventually, she arrested by the Nazis, but survives and lives on until the age of 98.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 12:37 pm

The Fugitive

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 5:49 pm

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Sequel to The Hunger Games. After their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the 12 Districts of Panem, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol. They are entered into the 75th Hunger Games where all the tributes are victors from pervious games.

nahenaherin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2014, 7:19 pm

Somos lo que hay, & Beginners by Mike Mills. Loved the latter.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 11:36 pm

Inside Llewellyn Davis.

Circa 1961, a down on his luck New York folk singer named Llewellyn Davis after performing at a club one night is told by the manager that a "friend" is outside asking about him. Stepping outside, Davis finds himself confronted by an angry older man chewing him out for his smart mouth, just before physically assaulting him. Flash back a few days earlier, the story unfolds how Davis ends up being beaten up in that alley, including getting stuck with an absent friend's cat while looking for a new couch to sleep on. Davis is haunted by the suicide of his former singing partner, trying to clamp down on his grief, till he much later lets it explode at an inappropriate time as a guest of the cat owners. He discovers he has gotten the wife of his friend (Justin Timberlake) pregnant, even though she hates him all the more now. He asks his friend for money for an illegal abortion, leaving the friend in the dark that the recipient is his own wife. At this time, Davis is desperate to know if his agent has gotten him a record deal in Chicago (for an album called Inside Llewellyn Davis), but is left hanging, and is so desperate for money that he surrenders the royalties he has coming for a hilarious song he had taken part in called Please Mr. Kennedy for a mere two hundred dollars. The cat escapes out a window, and Davis believes he has let his friends down, till by chance he catches it on the street (or does he?). When he has a chance to take a car to Chicago to check on his record deal himself, only for sharing the cost of gas, Davis jumps at it, finding himself traveling with a Beat poet and an obnoxious, heroin addicted jazz musician played by John Goodman. As can be inferred from his story so far, the trip to the record producer doesn't yield the results he had hoped for, as he moves inexorably toward that beating in the alley way.
Maybe one of the Cohen brothers best movies. Very, very enjoyable black comedy.
The funniest line in the whole movie was: "Where is his scrotum?!?! Where is his scrotum?!?!"

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 10:28 am

Coneheads.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 1:01 am

Hop

I was quite surprised by this one. My friend's 25-year-old half brother (who looks like the absolute last person you'd expect to be a cartoon fan :P) decided to put this on when we couldn't decide what to watch on Netflix, and it was genuinely enjoyable. I was expecting some forgettable CGI cartoon riddled with crude childish humor, but instead got the heartwarming tale of a young rabbit, destined to become the next Easter Bunny despite his desire to pursue a drumming career, who ends up crossing paths with a dreamer who just got kicked out of his parents' house. Hilarity ensues. :D

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 8:49 am

Inglourious Basterds.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 4:50 am

The Postman Always Rings Twice

1981 version of the book that is truer than the 1946 movie about a drifter beginning an affair with a married woman and they conspire to murder her husband.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:44 am

Miami Vice.
A Michael Mann Film.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 11:57 am

For Love of the Game

Kevin Costner plays an aging star baseball pitcher for the Detriot Tigers who reminisces about his career and his relationship with his on-and-off girlfriend, while pitching his final game against the Yankees.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 1:16 pm

Enemy.
Jake Gyllanhall. SP? Is a professor in Toronto Canada living a boring life. Then one day he finds someone that looks a lot like he does. It is based on a novel by Jose Saramago. The same guy that wrote Blindness.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 10:58 pm

I just watched Veronica Mars. Great movie, gives answers to questions left when the show ended and leaves an opening for further stories. I also loved the reference to Veronica working for the FBI as that was the original idea for where she'd end up.