Page 322 of 1290 [ 20635 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 ... 1290  Next

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 5:07 pm

Page Eight

Bill Nighy stars as Johnny Worricker, a long-serving MI5 officer whose boss and best friend dies suddenly, leaving behind a file that threatens the stability of the organisation. Meanwhile, a seemingly chance encounter with Johnny's political-activist neighbour Nancy Pierpan seems too good to be true, and he is forced to walk out of his job to uncover the truth. Spy drama written and directed by David Hare, also starring Rachel Weisz, Michael Gambon, Ralph Fiennes and Judy Davis

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2014, 1:53 am

CosmicRuss wrote:
Page Eight

Bill Nighy stars as Johnny Worricker, a long-serving MI5 officer whose boss and best friend dies suddenly, leaving behind a file that threatens the stability of the organisation. Meanwhile, a seemingly chance encounter with Johnny's political-activist neighbour Nancy Pierpan seems too good to be true, and he is forced to walk out of his job to uncover the truth. Spy drama written and directed by David Hare, also starring Rachel Weisz, Michael Gambon, Ralph Fiennes and Judy Davis

It was rather brilliant, wasn't it? Just to let you know, Nighy returns as Johnny Worricker in Turks & Caicos (which just aired last night at the time of posting this) with a third instalment, Salting the Battlefield on the way too.

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2014, 8:32 am

My family and I saw the Lego Movie weeks ago, and today, I'm going to watch Frozen on DVD. My sister and I were excited to see it. :D

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 9:22 am

Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead.
Starring Christina Applegate.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:15 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:

The title alone makes me want to see it.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:

Bill, the title is misleading. It is not a horror movie. When the babysitter dies Miss Applegate has to look after her siblings because she needs money she gets a job at a fashion house by lying. It was a nostalgia buy at my local movie store. I enjoyed watching it again. It is a cool idea for a horror movie though. I think someone actually did a mashup trailer for it as a horror movie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:45 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:

Bill, the title is misleading. It is not a horror movie. When the babysitter dies Miss Applegate has to look after her siblings because she needs money she gets a job at a fashion house by lying. It was a nostalgia buy at my local movie store. I enjoyed watching it again. It is a cool idea for a horror movie though. I think someone actually did a mashup trailer for it as a horror movie.

Oh, no, I figured it wasn't a horror film. :lol: I can appreciate black comedies, too!

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:

GREAT movie!
my fav scene? "dishes are done, man!"

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:42 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cecilfienkelstien wrote:

GREAT movie!
my fav scene? "dishes are done, man!"
It is an underrate film. I am so relieved I am not the only person who likes it. "lets Rock and Roll"

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 2:21 pm

The Help

I thought it was a fantastic movie. I really related to Keeter the intelligent female who wanted to go against the trend to speak out about injustice in her society, but who had never been on a date. Such a good cast of actors. Really beautifully told story, sad in some places, but funny in others.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 4:43 pm

The Wolf Of Wall Street

I finally got a chance to see this, which I did yesterday at my neighborhood theater. The Wolf Of Wall Street is very much a "guy movie" because this movie was raunchy in a way that director Martin Scorsese could have done it. Very well-done movie, extremely hilarious, with great performances from Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 4:52 am

Almost Famous

A high-school teenager is given the chance to write a story for Rolling Stone Magazine about an up-and-coming rock band as he accompanies them on their concert tour along with some groupies.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 10:28 am

Wall Street 2 Money Never Sleeps.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 2:32 pm

Frozen

Terrific, beautifully animated Disney film about a newly coronated queen of a kingdom who is a cryokinetic. When she runs away from her kingdom after her powers cause an eternal winter, her younger sister sets out to find her.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 7:15 pm

Divergent

I just got back from seeing this, which was, IMO, slightly more interesting than The Hunger Games. Set in a futuristic Chicago, the movie is centered around Tris, a teenage girl, who after "The Test" is administered onto her, is revealed to be non-conforming to all of the factions {that are based on human virtues}, hence the title.

Despite strong performances from all cast members, the movie as a whole was nothing more than a mash-up of The Hunger Games, The Matrix, and The Bourne Identity.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 10:18 pm

Meetings With Remarkable Men

It's about George Ivanovich Gurdjieff and his tales of his own travels in the Near East during his youth. Reading a bit of Wiki on him he's probably not my kind of guy and half of it was probably not meant to be taken literally but it was still worth something as a make-you-think sort of deal. Lots of curiosity teasers on Islamic mysticism/Sufism in it as well.