Page 331 of 1290 [ 20635 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 1290  Next

Punk89
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Apr 2014, 7:27 pm

I recently saw Frozen (and I love it!) So I'm on a Disney and Pixar tangent right now. Brave, Tangled, Wreck It Ralph, Wall E, The Lion King, Jungle Book (my favourite movie when I was a little kid, I had it on VHS) etc.

Also rewatched Falling Down, it's a great film about a "normal" middle aged guy who becomes an outlaw because he's "Not economically viable!". It's kind of a precursor to Breaking Bad.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2014, 12:07 am

Lilo & Stitch

2002 Disney animated film originated by Chris Sanders. In short, a runaway alien experiment crash-lands on the Hawaiian island of Kauaʻi and is adopted by a little girl as her pet. An underrated enjoyable film, and one of Disney's last traditionally-animated cinematic works. And gorgeous hand-drawn watercoloured artwork to boot.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2014, 12:32 am

Los Lobos de Arga

This 2012 Spanish comedy-horror was adapted in the UK as "Attack of the Werewolves" (US title: "Game of Werewolves").

A curse has befallen the small rural village of Arga in Northern Spain: a 100-year-old werewolf stalks the night, claiming many a victim. This curse, and the prevention of a larger one befalling the village, can only be broken by the sacrifice of the last descendant of the Mariño family.

Cue struggling novelist Tomás who moves into his family's abandoned property to write what he proclaims to be his next best-seller. And from there chaos ensues...

An enjoyable romp as the film doesn't take itself too seriously, sort of like a Spanish answer to Shaun of the Dead. Werewolf isn't too bad looking either.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 7:29 am

Safety Last!

Silent Harold Lloyd comedy. Lloyd plays a store clerk hoping to 'make good' in the big city to marry his girlfriend, organizes a publicity stunt, in which a friend of his climbs the outside of a tall building, However, circumstances force him to make the climb himself.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2014, 9:42 am

The Artist

A 2011 French Academy Award winner film by Michel Hazanavicius, shot in the style of a black-and-white silent movie (speech captions and all)

Set in Hollywood between the late 1920s and early 1930s, the movie follows the relationship between established silent movie actor, Georges Valentin ( Jean Dujardin) and the young Peppy Miller (Bérénice Bejo). 'Talkies' (movies with sound) start to appear in Hollywood, and Valentin's refusal to adapt to the new medium sees his career freefall as Miller's career takes off... what will become of them?

A very enjoyable movie which really captured the spirit of (now antiquated) Hollywoodland and its narrative techniques. Totally reccomended if you want a simple uncomplicated flick.

I'm looking forward to see how Hazanavicius handles the upcoming remake of The Search (also starring Bejo).

jfc_csc
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

Snow Cake

GlennBecksTears
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2014, 5:58 pm

Star Trek Into Darkness.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 3:39 pm

BlankCanvas wrote:

I'm looking forward to see how Hazanavicius handles the upcoming remake of The Search (also starring Bejo).

The Search is set to premiere next month at the Cannes Film Festival in competition for the Palme d'Or.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 5:49 pm

Heaven is for Real...

not so much a MOVIE...as just a visual retelling of a kids trip to Heaven.
i felt it was worth seeing.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2014, 11:16 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
BlankCanvas wrote:

The Search is set to premiere next month at the Cannes Film Festival in competition for the Palme d'Or.

Brilliant - thanks for the heads up.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 11:57 pm

Curse Of Chucky.

Lame and tame newest installment to the Chucky franchise. How may of those damn things have they made already? The only thing of note about this one is that the lead is played by the daughter of Brad Dourif - Chucky himself!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 12:15 am

I tried to watch 13 Tzameti, but I couldn't get through the first round.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 6:38 am

Why Worry?

Harold Lloyd silent film with Lloyd playing a hypochondriac who goes to the tropics for his 'health' only to get caught in the middle of a revolution.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 1:40 pm

Jodorowsky's Dune

Hilarious, yet sad documentary centered around a failed attempt by Spanish filmmaker
Alejandro Jodorowsky to make Dune {yes, that Dune} into a movie in the 1970s.

Overall, Jodorowsky came off as being overtly passionate for his work, not as a raging lunatic. I recommend seeing this documentary, even if you're not a fan of the Dune novels.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 5:46 am

Grandma's Boy

Harold Lloyd silent film with Lloyd playing a coward who is given a 'magic amulet' from his grandmother to give him courage.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 2:36 pm

Jesus Christ Superstar

Film version of the musical stage play, presenting the last few weeks of Christ's life, told in a mostly singing manner.