Page 389 of 1290 [ 20634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391, 392 ... 1290  Next

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2015, 7:44 am

CHILD OF GOD

Congratulations James Franco for this indie masterpiece.

Scott Haze is really takes the cake.

Comfort food movie I'll probably watch again and again.

Love the part when he wins the stuffed animals at the carnival.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 9:24 am

21 Jump Street

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 6:44 pm

noodler wrote:
CHILD OF GOD

Oh dear god what have you done....just kidding I intend to watch that movie at some point as well if I could just find a good copy of it. I hope Blood Meridian gets made as well.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2015, 10:02 pm

Feyokien wrote:
noodler wrote:
CHILD OF GOD

Oh dear god what have you done....just kidding I intend to watch that movie at some point as well if I could just find a good copy of it. I hope Blood Meridian gets made as well.

LOL!! !

Yeah, definitely not one for children.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 11:39 pm

I just saw the last hobbit movie. Good overall but I got bored with the fight scenes. I hope 'imitation game' opens in my theatre.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 1:14 am

As Above So Below.

Found footage horror film about an obsessive young woman leading an illegal search in the Paris Catacombs for the Philosopher's Stone, which her father had spent his life trying to find, resulting in his suicide. There, the real and unreal become blurred as the party becomes trapped, and descend even deeper and deeper into the tunnels looking for a way out. Not bad, but could have been better.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2015, 9:23 am

FACTOTUM (again)

Just can't get enough of Matt Dillion in this Bent Hamer production. Cheers me up. Pun intended.

Plus there's enough poetry in this movie to get me writing again.

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

Last night I watched a film on Film4 called The Place Beyond the Pines.

I have never heard of this film before but I really enjoyed it & it was excellent.

It stars Ryan Gosling & Bradley Cooper as a bank robber and a cop, respectively.

Great story plus great performances & stylishly shot. Great.

I highly recommend it.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 2:02 pm

22 Jump Street

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 6:16 pm

noodler wrote:
FACTOTUM (again)

Just can't get enough of Matt Dillion in this Bent Hamer production. Cheers me up. Pun intended.

I actually own Factotum. I like it because I like author Charles Bukowski (Henry Chinaski was Bukowski's fictionalized self - yes, he was really a womanizing, alcoholic prick) and everything that he's written that I've read so far. Bukowski had also written the screenplay for Bar Fly, in which Mickey Roarke plays Henry Chinasky - very good movie.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 7:38 pm

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 7:46 pm

Rewatched Spirited Away for the first time since I was teenager, I think I'm getting too old and bitter, movie didn't emotionally effect me at all though I can acknowledge that it's a skillful film.

I love how well executed the film is, the makers are so aware of the ambiance in the film, they captured the bathhouse nightlife quite vividly, that bathhouse is surrounded by so much life that it is intoxicating and immersive. It has a charming quality that is very simple, yet very convincing, I'm not emotionally engaged anymore but I can still connect on a superficial level and faintly taste what I used to feel.

I find the train scene is kind of funny because I can tell that scene was an amalgam of all the things the creative minds behind the movie liked, rural homes, the ocean, and trains. all combined into one scene.

But I hate movies that have a scene in the end where the protagonist returns to the human world, If I was the protagonist I would root myself in the fantasy world stronger than the tallest oak tree. Damnit chihiro, forget the humans, you have a dragon boyfriend now, you don't need parents anymore! :x

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2015, 8:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
noodler wrote:
FACTOTUM (again)

I actually own Factotum. I like it because I like author Charles Bukowski (Henry Chinaski was Bukowski's fictionalized self - yes, he was really a womanizing, alcoholic prick) and everything that he's written that I've read so far. Bukowski had also written the screenplay for Bar Fly, in which Mickey Roarke plays Henry Chinasky - very good movie.

I haven't seen Bar Fly, but will look it up. Lili Taylor is great in Factotum, too. The two make a great comedic team. I get tons of belly laughs out of the movie. That's the main reason I watch it.

GeekInCloset
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2015, 10:27 pm

Night Crawler is very good. I saw it the other night, kind of creepy but defo worth a watch!

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 11:03 pm

I saw the movie Pride recently. True story of how lesbians and gays supported striking miners back in the eighties. Very good story.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2015, 11:11 pm

BLUE RUIN

Just excellent! Very emotional climax and great ending. I found my eyes tearing up.