Page 391 of 1290 [ 20634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394 ... 1290  Next

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 6:05 pm

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 9:27 pm

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 6:59 pm

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 2:53 am

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 5:33 am

Left Behind

Nicholas Cage flop in which he is a pilot who struggles to land his plane safely when millions of people suddenly disappear.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm

Safe Haven

Julianne Hough runs off to a 'Safe Haven' to escape from her bad-cop husband.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 6:44 pm

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2015, 11:31 pm

Jory wrote:

I love that movie. Saw it on HBO as a kid. My parents taped it. I think we still even have the thing. But no working vcr anymore :(

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 12:18 am

Calvary.

Black comedy in which Brendon Gleason plays an Irish priest who is told by an unseen parishioner during confession how he is still embittered for having been molested by a priest as a child, and how is is planning on killing Gleason, a good priest, the next week in order to make a statement. In that week's time, the priest tries to help a cheating wife abused by her African immigrant lover, the woman's cuckold husband, a morally bankrupt financier, a gay prostitute, and his own daughter (he's a widower who has entered the priesthood) who is spiritually lost, as he considers how he might be murdered in mere days. Exceptional movie by the makers of The Guard.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 2:43 pm

El mariachi

A traveling mariachi is mistaken for a murderous criminal and must hide from a gang bent on killing him.

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2015, 3:21 am

Rurouni Kenshin - Parts I & II

Story of some legendary samurai at the time of the invasion of the west.

Pro's - Interesting story, lots of great fight scenes, decent scenery and costumes. A few points in the films where the actions of characters made no sense whatsoever. Along the lines of the Evil Dr's always allowing Bond the chance to escape with some kind of overly elaborate and flawed assassination device.

Con's - script, storyline and acting all displayed the emotional development of an eight year old. Lots of overacting, simplistic motivations, lack of any internal conflict, very predictable conversations with too much explaining in them. etc. But there was enough eye-candy to keep me watching all 4.5hrs of it. I think at some point they may have run out of money as the exact same scene appeared in both films at different points in the story. Yes it was only a few seconds but I noticed it. The evil character died laughing maniacally in typical evil character fashion. People seemed to spew more blood than exists in the human body over being punched, yet somehow still lived. Likewise people had swords pushed clean through them and continued to fight, and then live. I guess realism isn't their forte.

But you can't go past Asian film action scenes which are always more interesting and exciting to watch than western versions. :twisted:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 3:43 am

This excellent pinnacle of cinematography known as Dead Snow: Red vs Dead. Lols, the faint of heart and constitution should not watch.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 5:28 am

No Such Thing.

Horror comedy taking place in the near future, a young woman named Beatrice, working for a news agency more interested in selling sensation than reporting current events, gets sent to Iceland to investigate the deaths of her fiancee and a camera crew at the hands of a monster. After the local villagers drug Beatrice and leaves her as a sacrifice for the monster, she discovers the creature is tormented, world weary, and only wants to die - but he knows he's immortal. Convincing the monster to come back to New York with her with the promise to find the one scientist who can destroy him, Beatrice discovers her employers only want to exploit the poor creature. She is determined to make things right and save the monster she knows she should hate, but who is becoming her friend.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 5:32 am

Desperado

Picking up where the last one left off, the former Mariachi turned gunslinger gets into a vengeful war with a drug runner.

Logan's Run

An idyllic sci-fi future in an enclosed dome has one major drawback: life must end at 30.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jan 2015, 8:38 am

Upstream Color.

A man and woman are drawn together, entangled in the life cycle of an ageless organism. Identity becomes an illusion as they struggle to assemble the loose fragments of wrecked lives. -imdb

Another truly original gem. Lots of great biological visuals, too.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 12:17 am

Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0....really liked them, it's cool the series hasn't finished yet. 3.0 in English hasn't been released yet and 4.0 supposedly comes out this year. I'll have to watch the original series now.

Been edging around Anime for a year or so now and I think I just crossed the point of no return.