Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AspergerCH75
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2010, 6:01 am

The Incredible Hulk, the old TV show. It did freak me out.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 12:52 am

I insisted on watching it, but I do remember having a nightmare about the Hulk, so I expect it did bother me more than I realized.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2010, 4:09 am

Alien. When I was four, I walked into a room with the Facehugger scene playing on the TV. Sixteen years later, I can still vividly remember the nightmare that gave me.

Also, I know I'm not the only one who got freaked out by the scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (with Gene Wilder) where they're going through the tunnel in the boat.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2010, 2:02 pm

The Exorcist

Couldn't get past the first few minutes,
got yelled at for freaking out...

Overkill
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2010, 3:53 pm

Wow, a lot of you guys seem easily scared!

As for me, I was really freaked out by the Jaws movies when I was a kid, but at the same time, I loved it and couldn't get enough of it. Despite this, my parents were slightly overprotective so I couldn't watch any real horror movies until I was about 12, when I saw Nightmare on Elm Street and loved it. I've been interested in horror movies since then. I don't view being scared as a bad thing, but as an adrenaline rush, like how some people get their kicks from riding roller coasters. It takes a lot to truly scare me nowadays.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2010, 5:32 pm

My neighbor said her mother went to see Wax Musuem as a child and when she saw the wax crack and espose the courpse, she fainted. She also never went to a theatre for the rest of her life.

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2010, 9:22 pm

I saw the neverending story when I was 4. When it got to the swamp monster, it scared me so badly that I couldn't get near the TV to turn it off, so I plugged my ears and ran to the stairway and sat there streaming and rocking back and forth with my ears plugged until my grandfather came and found me and turned off the TV lol.

Also, the brave little toaster. Eeek.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2010, 9:58 pm

wendigopsychosis wrote:

I don't remember any details whatsoever about that movie, but I vaguely remember it was frightening.

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2010, 9:47 am

pat2rome wrote:
wendigopsychosis wrote:

I don't remember any details whatsoever about that movie, but I vaguely remember it was frightening.

I haven't seen it since I was maybe 3 or 4, but I remember that there's some pretty traumatizing stuff. Characters die dramatic deaths... I think the vacuum sacrifices himself to save the others and falls to his death off a waterfall.
Kids movies these days never bring up the topic of death anymore. We're too easy on them, I think. :P

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2010, 9:51 am

Overkill wrote:
Wow, a lot of you guys seem easily scared!

As for me, I was really freaked out by the Jaws movies when I was a kid, but at the same time, I loved it and couldn't get enough of it. Despite this, my parents were slightly overprotective so I couldn't watch any real horror movies until I was about 12, when I saw Nightmare on Elm Street and loved it. I've been interested in horror movies since then. I don't view being scared as a bad thing, but as an adrenaline rush, like how some people get their kicks from riding roller coasters. It takes a lot to truly scare me nowadays.

Double-posting, sorry everyone.

It's not so much that I was easily scared, it's just that odd things scared me. I remember when I was very little (somewhere around 4-6) my mother and I went to see Casper in theaters, and we had to leave half way through because the uncles eating scared me. Somehow, being able to see through them and watch the food go down their throats was really unnerving to me.

On the flip side, I LOVED adult movies. I saw Alien, the chuckie films, the wolfman, It, all of the classics, and I absolutely loved them. My favorite thing to watch on TV was the scifi channel (back in the 90s when it was still good) and I loved horror. Grown-up horror movies didn't scare me, but somehow the scary bits in kids movies did it.

Overkill
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 May 2010, 7:50 pm

Wendigopsychosis (sorry, I haven't figured out how to use the quote function yet, I'm new to forums), I agree with what you're saying. When I was little, odd things scared me too, which I didn't mention in my original post. I remember being terrified of that mountain climbing lady on the Prize is Right TV show for awhile. I also had a weird night terror after seeing the movie Ernest goes to Jail. I don't remember what freaked me out so much in the dream, but I remember it had something to do with the Ernest movie. Go figure.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 8:11 pm

Gremlins.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 9:58 pm

wendigopsychosis wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
wendigopsychosis wrote:

I haven't seen it since I was maybe 3 or 4, but I remember that there's some pretty traumatizing stuff. Characters die dramatic deaths... I think the vacuum sacrifices himself to save the others and falls to his death off a waterfall.
Kids movies these days never bring up the topic of death anymore. We're too easy on them, I think. :P

None of the main characters died, but a little kid could certainly take that impression away. The scariest thing about it for me as an adult is the musical numbers, which smacked of the Broadway musicals of the time. I find it a very annoying movie. But I can see the bits that would frighten a kid, and they are many. The air conditioner blowing itself up in a rage, the forest creatures dragging the blanket into a hole, the appliances falling from the waterfall, sinking in the mud, being salvaged by a junk dealer and finding that they're all intended to be "disemboweled", being attacked and thrown into a dumpster, stalked by a giant magnet, the owner trapped on the conveyor belt on the way to the crusher, and finally the toaster throwing himself into the gears to save the guy. My sister just loved this movie in college. I can do without it... but as I said, this is mostly because of the music.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2010, 2:58 am

Snow White. The scene where the Queen transforms, I thought she emerged from under her arm and said 'Boo'. She didn't, but that was 10years of throwing tantrums if I caught a glimpse of the video my parents had to hide. Nightmares for months. I was only 2 though.
2001: A Space Odyssey. Freaked me out totally when I was 12. Only on the third time did I get over that feeling.

krazykat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2010, 1:10 pm

I remember when I was a kid I watched an animated movie called Once upon a forest and it totally freaked me out! There was one scene where a scary owl is chasing after the little woodland animals and gets stabbed through the eye with a tree branch. I cried for the rest of the day and my mom threw away the video!
It was rated G too, but I still can't watch it without nightmares 8O

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2010, 2:48 pm

The Movie "It"
I still can't watch it, and can thank it for my fear of clowns
I still feel awkward in McDonalds when I see Ronald McDonald, but I just picture him like this [img][650:528]http://www.blogadilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/mchottie.jpg[/img]