Veteran
Veteran

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2011, 11:21 pm

Tequila wrote:
Nebulo wrote:
Gaspar Noé's Seul contre tous (I Stand Alone) is arguably even bleaker.

I really want to see this but a uncut DVD release in anamorphic OAR hasn't materialised.

How about the documentary Graphic Sexual Horror?

When I first heard of this title I thought it was consumer advice for a movie (what it contains). But it looks like a interesting doco about censorship.

nonickname945
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2011, 4:53 am

black swan 8O
i don't really watch scary/disturbing movies very often because i get really freaked out, even if something like that could never happen(probably due to my dad's ER stories, he's a doctor :? )

after i saw that i couldn't get to sleep! i though some crazy person was going to break into my house & try to kill me because she was dilusional!! !
(can't' spell lol)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

nonickname945 wrote:
black swan 8O
i don't really watch scary/disturbing movies very often because i get really freaked out, even if something like that could never happen(probably due to my dad's ER stories, he's a doctor :? )

after i saw that i couldn't get to sleep! i though some crazy person was going to break into my house & try to kill me because she was dilusional!! !
(can't' spell lol)

But on the other had, it had a couple very hot female masturbation scenes! :twisted:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

nonickname945
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
But on the other had, it had a couple very hot female masturbation scenes! :twisted:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

well being a straight girl, i thought it was discusting!

sfreyj
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

Pink Flamingos.

No comment.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 12:15 pm

Again people pink flamingos is an awesome movie.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

Nebulo wrote:

Might want to relearn French, because that means "alone against everything", not "I stand alone". :P

I normally absolutely never watch horror movies, since I'm very easily scared, although one movie that was quite disturbing without being scary that I saw was The Mist.

Here's why:

synopsis wrote:
Driving through the mist, David returns home to find it destroyed and his wife Stephanie dead, having fallen victim to the spider-like creatures. Heartbroken, he drives the group south, witnessing the destruction left in the wake of the mist and encountering a giant tentacled beast towering hundreds of feet tall. The beast was accordingly named by Stephen King "the impossibly tall creature". Eventually, they run out of gas and pull over to the side of the road, disheartened that they hadn't seen any other survivors. While Billy is sleeping, the four adults discuss their fate, deciding that there is no point in going any further. With four bullets left in the gun and five people in the car, David shoots Amanda, Dan, Irene, and his son, Billy, to spare them violent death by the creatures. Distraught and determined to die, David exits the vehicle, ready to be attacked by whatever is in the mist. A loud approaching noise turns out to be a self-propelled artillery vehicle, followed by a squad of soldiers equipped with NBC suits and flamethrowers. As the mist clears, several trucks, filled with soldiers and survivors, pass David. Among the survivors is the woman from the supermarket that no one would help, and her two young children. Realizing that they were that close to rescue and that he killed his own son, David falls to his knees, screaming, while two soldiers look on in confusion.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

Just watched Martyrs after this thread revived my interest in horror films. That was a pretty disturbing film, even if the ending fell flat on it's face like all movies that try to dive into that same territory.

Tetsuo was probably still worse, admittedly. But then, I'm a humongous prude, so the sex scenes really just freaked me out for being sex scenes. IMHO, there are a couple of things you should never combine: one is horror and sex, and the other is metal and sex. Just no.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 4:34 pm

Off the top of my head I would name Requiem for a Dream, A Clockwork Orange and the ending (the murder) in Alpha Dog.

nonickname945
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

dunbots wrote:
Nebulo wrote:

Might want to relearn French, because that means "alone against everything", not "I stand alone".

maybe thats how its translated into english?
alot of times translated titles are nothing like the original
llike the hang over in france is called "a very bad night" or something like that haha!

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

I know this isn't a movie but a tv show that is really disturbing is I survived.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

I watched eraser head
All I can say is
WHAT. THE. FLYING. f**k.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

a serbian film...that's some disturbing s**t...