Page 42 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 93  Next

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2015, 12:53 am

The other day I found out how Fairy Tail ends... I have never wanted to forget anything more than that.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 4:53 am

Redstar2613 wrote:
The other day I found out how Fairy Tail ends... I have never wanted to forget anything more than that.

Well don't say it, I am enjoying the ride. Recent episodes about Silver were pretty awesome for the twists. And good ending at some point would be nice though. Also the whole END thing gives me a big theory about tying a bunch of things together.

Oh yeah, new series have been getting released. Some alright shows but nothing yet that is on my radar yet as too amazing. Well maybe one, Osomatsu-san had an amazing first episode. It is the sequel (?) to a 1967 anime, which means practically ancient by anime standards, and it has a lot of fun at the fact that it should mean it would be very irrelevant, and then does some great parodies of current anime. Not familiar with what is based off, but that does not seem needed.

Probably would have been the most random anime right now, if it was not for Concrete Revolutio, which is like a bunch of shows got thrown together, including magical girl, aliens, secret agents, and the like.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 4:02 am

I am really enjoying the return of Lupin The III.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 4:54 pm

I am definitely a huge anime fan. I recently got done with Madoka Magica and I'm currently watching The Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2016, 8:55 pm

Lupin Lupin Lupin The III

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2016, 9:35 am

I am enjoy a number of current shows.

Erased: Really quite cinematic with how the show does a lot of scenes with an interesting mystery involving time travel.

Grimgar: In the way of increasing amount of stuck in a game or game like fantasy comes this slow paced show that follows a team with natural human flaws that impact I would say realistically on transitioning to a new world, where there drastic impacts on their psyche. How would normal people react if they were told they had to kill another living thing?

KonoSuba: Also kind of a game like fantasy world, only this one is more of a parody, where things don't go the way they should. Found it very funny so far with a party that just is not right.

Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn: This is actually one of my favourites, only it seems that barely anyone is watching it. Retro like anime have been kind of in, only this one feels reminiscent of something from the early 2000's and not earlier like other retro anime. I find it delightfully charming with the topic of cyborgs and androids, it is largely light but has some interesting topics underneath.

Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū: An anime about Rakugo, a classical Japanese medium of story telling where one person sits on stage and plays the different parts of characters of the story. You would think it be incredibly boring, and it probably is to the very young audience, but the show has an amazing job of selling it that the 10 minute Rakugo performance in the 45 minute first episode is incredibly engaging.

Plus we have returning Shiroyuki-hime, Assassination Classroom, and Gate.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2016, 9:38 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Anyone seen Naruto? I haven't seen it in a while, and now I'm watching the series in the internet. I thought it's a pretty cool anime.

I watched Naruto up until the show stopped following the manga, then switched over to Naruto Shippuden. It was the anime that taught me about filler episodes, which I generally dislike, so I learned to skip them. I don't watch it regularly, but I do binge-watch on occasion.

I didn't know anime fillers existed until about 2 years ago, I actually watched all the 100 episodes of naruto filler and thought they were all canon. I didn't even realise the 3 tail beast and Fake 9 tails Jinchuuriki Sora arcs were filler, I only caught on once Naruto used too many flash backs.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 6:43 pm

For me personally I enjoy filler. Where would Gintama be without filler?

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2016, 5:40 am

i have been surrounded by anime always, since i was a child, for my whole life until now... but i am not a serious fan of it. it is ok to me. but i am not fanatic about it. i am neutral.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2016, 6:02 pm

Not really a "fan" of anything really but like the darker side of anime when I'm in the mood. Presently watching;

Diabolik Lovers - Season 2

Dance with Devils

and

Shingetsutan Tsukihime

gleam
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Feb 2016, 6:20 pm

I might prefer anime over live action but I don't really watch a lot of series or movies, regardless.
Just finished Monogatari Series Second Season (4th installment of Bakemonogatari) and I love it.
Other faves include NGE, Steins;Gate, Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. I guess I gravitate towards seinen anime that isn't overly dark or violent. That being said, I really, really liked Hellsing Ultimate and the Berserk manga (to the point that I don't want to watch the series, because I fear it will break the magic).

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 11:02 pm

boofle wrote:
Not really a "fan" of anything really but like the darker side of anime when I'm in the mood. Presently watching;

Diabolik Lovers - Season 2

Dance with Devils

and

Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Those are some.... interesting titles (the first two of which I am familiar of at least, they have a bit of a certain reputation with what I am involved in. Diabolik Lovers got a bit full on for me that I could not watch what was happening to the heroine after a few episodes into the series. And Dance with Devils became an unintentional comedy to me, especially when it had a certain scene with Pomeranians. Although I like how people can get different things out of different shows

gleam wrote:
I might prefer anime over live action but I don't really watch a lot of series or movies, regardless.
Just finished Monogatari Series Second Season (4th installment of Bakemonogatari) and I love it.
Other faves include NGE, Steins;Gate, Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. I guess I gravitate towards seinen anime that isn't overly dark or violent. That being said, I really, really liked Hellsing Ultimate and the Berserk manga (to the point that I don't want to watch the series, because I fear it will break the magic).

Monogatari is a pretty interesting, it has a pretty confusing timeframe that requires some graphs to piece it all together. It is a good series by Studio SHAFT which loves its symbolism. I might recommend you another Studio SHAFT anime if you enjoy some of the thinking stuff, perhaps try Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Magical Girl Madoka Magica), it is technically about "magical girls" but it plays around with the genre and has the same director as the Monogatari series.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

22 Feb 2016, 11:07 pm

Has anybody watched this relatively new anime (or read its manga) Dagashi Kashi? Per TVTropes, a synopsis:

Quote:
The story revolves around Kokonotsu Shikada. His father owns a rural candy shop and wants Kokonotsu to inherit one day. Kokonotsu wants nothing to do with the shop and aspires to become a manga artist instead. One day a weird but cute girl named Hotaru Shidare visits the shop. Hotaru is part of a famous family-owned sweet company and wants Kokonotsu's father to join her company. However, his father only agrees to if Kokonotsu can be convinced to take over the shop. She then makes it her mission to convince Kokonatsu to do so no matter how long it takes. Sidenote: "Dagashi Kashi" means "cheap sweets candy", but if read "Daga Shikashi", it also means "however".

---
I like the series. It is a nice, light-hearted comedy series, and I like the main character's name.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2016, 11:57 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Has anybody watched this relatively new anime (or read its manga) Dagashi Kashi? Per TVTropes, a synopsis:

---
I like the series. It is a nice, light-hearted comedy series, and I like the main character's name.

You mean "Coconuts"? It has been a fairly interesting series where I have learned a bit about Japanese candy. Nothing too serious, just some light fun.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 12:09 am

^ Yes, "Coconuts". What a name that character has. XD

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2016, 3:13 am

I take it you have seen Cute High Defense Earth Club Love! as well, amirite? I liked that one; it was about time a magical boy anime got made! :D