Page 429 of 1290 [ 20632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 1290  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 12:45 am

Today I went and saw Mad Max Fury Road and I liked it a lot. It reminded me a little of my sci fi idea involving the battle of the sexes and the divided world. Good film. I recommend it but be prepared for more road warrior type scenes than in the first three. It is pretty much nothing but action sequences involving typical road warrior fare of driving diesel fuel tankers through miles and miles of desert trying to avoid getting blown to bits by hostile combatants.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 5:09 am

Marie Antoinette

2006 movie about the young Austrian archduchess who married King Louis XVI of France and ends just as the French Revolution begins.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:55 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Today I went and saw Mad Max Fury Road and I liked it a lot. It reminded me a little of my sci fi idea involving the battle of the sexes and the divided world. Good film. I recommend it but be prepared for more road warrior type scenes than in the first three. It is pretty much nothing but action sequences involving typical road warrior fare of driving diesel fuel tankers through miles and miles of desert trying to avoid getting blown to bits by hostile combatants.

I want to see this so bad.
I watched The Rules of Engagement last night with Samuel Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones. It was good.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 1:59 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I want to see this so bad.
I watched The Rules of Engagement last night with Samuel Jackson and Tommy Lee Jones. It was good.

Definitely go see Fury Road! It's worth it. What a great movie and it is mostly live action, too, not just done in a computer. You have to see this movie!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 2:55 pm

The Ruins

A group of friends embark on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something frightening lives among the ruins.

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

Tagged as 'The first Iranian Vampire Western'. In the Iranian ghost-town Bad City, a place of death and loneliness, the townspeople are unaware of the presence of a vampire.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 6:23 pm

The Prestige

It literally seems like it was a couple years ago that I saw the preview for this film. But it's actually been closer to nine years. It was the same year I saw The Illusionist.

Finally saw The Prestige. I really enjoyed both.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 9:18 pm

Hang 'Em High

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 11:11 pm

Cymbeline.

A lesser known Shakespeare play, this time put into a contemporary setting of a motorcycle gang led by Cymbeline (Ed Harris), convinced by his evil wife to fight against the police force of Rome, while his daughter, Imogen, has fallen in love with the penniless Posthumus - a match he doesn't approve of. Not a bad movie, but hardly one of the Bard's better works.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 2:22 pm

High Anxiety

Regrettably Mel Brooks doesn't always make me laugh, but he does make me smile. I like his silliness.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 2:25 pm

Shaft. Samuel Jackson version. I watched it recently.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 5:15 pm

Perry Mason: The Case of the Poisoned Pen (1990)

(AllMovie)

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:58 pm

The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death

I might have to watch it again. It is a bit of a loud noise=shock film. It a bit of a cheap startle, but that does not equal scary. It does not always make the goosebumps or hairs stand. But I should watch it again because it had some nice imagery, and my attention was divided between it, updating a minecraft server, and fixing dinner.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:08 pm

...I saw the 2015 Oscars Animated Shorts assemblage (& posted about it here , getting no response ) - the 5 animated cartoon shorts that were nominated at this years' Oscars , including the winner , + four more " notable " animated shorts , for a feature-length show .
Is this line meant to concentrate , anyway , on stuff seen in a theater only/at least , in some sort of pu9blic screening situation ?

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 8:01 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Is this line meant to concentrate , anyway , on stuff seen in a theater only/at least , in some sort of pu9blic screening situation ?

I do not think it is specified any where about the medium or the "venue." Nor is the purpose of the thread stated. It is unclear whether we are to post our thoughts about the film/movie or just post the title. So I don't think it matters. I like the idea that it is inclusive. "Venue" sounds so fancy, but it was the word that popped into my head.

Where did you see the 2015 Oscars Animated Shorts? I enjoy animation.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

It's more of a short than a feature film. Still, I always enjoy watching it.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 8:21 pm

Kelly's Heroes

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 10:24 pm

Lady Vengeance