Page 435 of 440 [ 7029 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 432, 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438 ... 440  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 7:55 pm

Real Time With Bill Maher.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 10:03 pm

Star Trek: The Next Generation (1/29/1990) - The High Ground
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (2/12/1996) - Sons of Mogh
Watched on the Heroes & Icons channel (available as an over the air broadcast and streaming on Frndly)

It has been a long time since I've watch these. I enjoyed the shows again.

Currently watching Star Trek: Voyager (5/3/2000) - Fury

I use to watch Voyager as well.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 10:21 am

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on Max
9/23/2024

Reported the problems in Springfield, OH after baseless campaign claims were made.
Show various news reports on the birth of a pygmy hippo, named Moo Deng, in Thailand.
Reported the failing of Social Security concerning disability claims and the impact on the people who were denied or who are still waiting.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 5:10 pm

The pilot episode of the Matlock reboot starring Kathy Bates as the new Matlock.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 5:33 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
The pilot episode of the Matlock reboot starring Kathy Bates as the new Matlock.

I watched that too. I was torn between it and High Potential. The ABC channel's signal was too weak, so I was left with CBS. NBC did not interest me. American Football, or as Kathy Bates would say, in another role, American Foozball.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 5:41 pm

Anne Rice's MAYFAIR WITCHES (2023) on Netflix

I finished season one. There are eight episodes in season one. I got more interested in the story as it progressed. At it's most general, it is about fulfilling a prophesy. One tier of more detail, it is about family and their role in fulfilling that prophesy. That's all I will say.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2024, 7:15 pm

The Fall of the House of Usher (2023) on Netflix

Episode 1 - A Midnight Dreary

So far, this has been an interesting modern gothic take on Poe. Roderic Usher, the head of the Usher family and a powerful pharmaceutical manufacture, that is being indited by the U.S. government. For me, it really does feel like a modern gothic tale.

The title for this episode is really appropriate. It starts the story.

Plus during a major family get together, and at the end of the episode, one of my favorite movements of a Beethoven symphony is played. Symphony #7, 2nd movement.

Beethoven: Symphony No.7: Second Movement (Israel Philharmonic, Zubin Mehta)
I favorite part is the first two minutes and 50 seconds. It's dark and passionate. :skull:

About to watch episode 2 - The Masque of the Red Death

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 11:15 am

The Fall of the House of Usher (2023)

Finished the eight part mini series.
A good creepy story combining inspiration of Edger Allen Poe (1809-1849) and the legacy of the Sackler family into a modern gothic horror story.

Episode 1- A Midnight Dreary
Episode 2- The Masque of the Red Death
Episode 3- Murder in the Rue Morgue
Episode 4- The Black Cat
Episode 5- The Tell-Tale Heart
Episode 6- Goldbug
Episode 7- The Pit and the Pendulum
Episode 8- The Raven

Wikipedia: The Fall of the House of Usher (miniseries)

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 4:35 pm

High Potential (2024) on Hulu, but airs on ABC Tuesday nights at 9:00 central time.

IMDB General Description wrote:
Follows Morgan, a single mom of three kids and how thanks to her exceptional mind, she is able to help to solve a crime as she rearranges evidence during her shift as a cleaner for the police department.

IMDB's description more concise then anything I could have typed. I would only add is she has an IQ of 160.

The main character, Morgan (Kaitlin Olson), brings a lot of energy to the show. Morgan is a character that can look at a crime scene and immediately pin point details that are wrong, a bit like Monk, but faster and with more energy (love Adrian Monk). Like Monk, she has a compulsion, only it is to "put things right" or in her words, she cannot sleep at night.

It is realistic? I honestly do not know. Her character is over the top outrageous. However, I really did find it fun and entertaining.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 9:40 pm

Matlock (2024)

Season 1, episode 1 - Pilot

Watched it Sunday, but I wanted watch it again. Sunday I was distracted.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 9:51 pm

Kite Man: Hell Yeah!

DC animated series in which D list supervillain, Kite Man, screws up a simple job given him by Lex Luthor. So, Luthor tries to buy the bar Kite Man, his girlfriend, and his friends hang out at for ten million dollars in order to destroy it. Kite Man and friends must raise the ten mil to save their hang out. Great fun!

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 12:49 pm

High Potential (2024) last night's (Tuesday) episode, but watched it on Hulu today (Wednesday)

Episode 2 - Dancers in the Dark

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 1:02 pm

Futurama on Hulu

Season 4, episode 2 - A Tale of Two Santas

FUTURAMA | Season 4, Episode 2: The New Santa | SYFY
Futurama S04E02 - Bender Is Robot Santa | Check Description

It says Check Description wrote:
A Planet Express mission to Robot Santa's colony on Neptune leaves the murderous robot trapped in the frozen sea, and Bender takes over as Santa, vowing to bring peace and goodwill to Xmas again. But when Bender is mistaken for the real Robot Santa, he is arrested and sentenced to death.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 7:17 pm

Missing: The Other Side (2020-2023) on Netflix

Season 1 of 2
Episode 1 of 32 (combined for both seasons)

It is very mysterious. I like mysteries, but I like the sense of the mysterious more.

On the negative side. The series leaves Netflix on October 11. 32 episodes in 16 days. I can do it. Easily.

Netflix General Description wrote:
A con artist encounters a supernatural village where spirits of missing persons are stranded until the mystery behind there disappearance is solved.

Just finished episode 2. Because this deals with people that have passed away, and their bodies not found, it can get emotional. Grief and sadness. Two emotions I'm good at feeling, except when with other people. I'm sure there are people on the Wrong Planet that can identify with that.

I'll wait until season 1 is over before posting about the show again. I have too many posts on this page already.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2024, 8:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kite Man: Hell Yeah!

DC animated series in which D list supervillain, Kite Man, screws up a simple job given him by Lex Luthor. So, Luthor tries to buy the bar Kite Man, his girlfriend, and his friends hang out at for ten million dollars in order to destroy it. Kite Man and friends must raise the ten mil to save their hang out. Great fun!

That sounds so funny.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2024, 1:46 am

Agatha All Along.
Expedition X.