Page 437 of 440 [ 7029 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2024, 10:44 pm

How (Not) To Get Rid Of A Body.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 1:17 pm

Agatha All Along (2024) on Disney+

Watched episode 1 and 2, watching 3.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2024, 1:00 pm

After having previously watched the two prequel movies and then episodes 1–5, 6–10, and 11–15, last night we finished watching our way through the final five episodes of:

Kolchak: The Night Stalker [1974–1975]
<=>"One man's quest to uncover the truth,\o/"

16. "Demon in Lace" [Feb 7, 1975]
17. "Legacy of Terror" [Feb 14, 1975]
18. "The Knightly Murders" [Mar 7, 1975]
19. "The Youth Killer" [Mar 14, 1975]
20. "The Sentry" [Mar 28, 1975]

<=>\o/\o/R E C O M M E N D E D\o/\o/

Fans of 50s–60s TV might enjoy how many faces they recognize among the guest stars, character actors and bit part players in the various episodes of this show.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2024, 1:39 pm

Father, I'll Take Care of You (2016) on KOCOWA+

Episode 2

As enchanting as ParkEun-bin is, I have not found interest in this series. Parts feel like a 1980s or 1990s family drama, or soap opera, and by that I mean the staging, lighting, photography, and acting by some of the actors. I cannot imagine sitting through 50 episodes. I removed it from my watch queue.

Funny Woman (2023) on PBS.org

It is at once funny, and at the same time makes me feel very sad for women and men who were raised to be idiots.

I enjoy the series, and there was not a song that played that I did not enjoy.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2024, 2:03 pm

babybird wrote:
I started to watch a show on sky today called Funny Woman

It's really really good

It's set in the olden days in England 1964 I think and it's about a strong, smart, extremely funny and beautiful woman who is trying to make her own way in the world independently during an era where woman just weren't expected to be that way. She's also from the North West of England and she's trying to make it in London so she has the added discrimination about her northern accect

It's such a good show and the script is hilarious and the acting is so good as well. I'll look forward to watching it all

Funny Woman

I finished episode 6, the last episode of the first series. I only have access to the one in the U.S.
I included babybird's post from September 12, 2024, because I'm going back to the source and to thank her for posting about the show. Everything babybird said about it is 100% true. It is so well written, and the acting and directing is wonderful.

She did not mention the music, but I adored the music. That's probably because I've always identified with the music from my childhood rather than my teen or college years. Every song, whether is was a cover of the original, was great. Sometimes it brings so much joy, even when it is not meant to. I know, I sound like someone's parents or grandparent talking about the music during WWII.

I have to wonder how much the music budget was for this show.

I hope PBS picks up series 2.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2024, 2:58 pm

Agatha All Along.
Grotesquerie.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2024, 12:14 pm

Agatha All Along on Disney+
Episode 4

The Great British Baking Show on Netflix
Season 15, episode 2

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2024, 9:59 pm

Todd MacFarlane's Spawn 2.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2024, 10:19 pm

The Real Murders On Elm Street.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2024, 7:44 am

All 12 episodes of My Deer Friend Nokotan.

Nyun.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2024, 3:27 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
We recently completed watching the first season of:

Astrid et Raphaëlle [2019–?].
AstridIt is in French but one of our local stations broadcast it with English subtitles.
It is about an Autistic woman, "Astrid Nielsen" (played by Sara Mortensen), who works in the judicial police's library. It turns out her memory and ability to analyze data is useful in solving difficult cases.

We've enjoyed it. We hope the station will broadcast the later seasons.

P.S. I am not qualified to assess whether the portrayal of Autism is correct. However, Astrid's Autism traits appear to me to be stronger than the traits in Sonya Cross in The Bridge.
I just found this airs on PBS. I noticed it airs Sunday nights at 10:00 (in My House, U.S.). I looked it up, and found they also stream it.

PBS - Astrid - Season 1

I just finished the first episode. It was very enjoyable. I look forward to watching the rest of the series. Because I need to read the subtitles, I need to set aside time where I can concentrate on the show. Normally, I am writing, playing a game, programming, or researching. I can do that with shows that are in English.

Over one year and eight months later... Original quotes are from January 28 and 29, 2023
I have had the PBS link in my browser for a very long time (over one year, eight months).

I watched episode one, titled Puzzle from the PBS website. I realized I'd watched it before. So I re-watched it. I found the above posts that confirmed I watched it before and it was not déjà vu.

I like the characters of Astrid and Raphaëlle.

Just finished episode 2 - Haunted, part one (Hantise). What is not to like about a title like that?
Starting episode 3 - Haunted, part two (Still Hantise in French). Less than two minutes in an I got goosebumps in a big way, head, and arms.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2024, 1:29 pm

Astrid from PBS.org

Season 1
Episode 4 - Missing Link
Episode 5 - Closed Room
Episode 6 - Fulcanelli

Stuff I can relate to, in a very narrow spotlight.
Astrid's issues with buying presents was one I could relate to.
Her solution to buying a gift was one I could relation to.
The reaction from others, when her present is revealed, was something I could relate to.

Now that I've gotten some of the I can relate to items out of the way, I enjoy the way Astrid and Raphaëlle work together and interact. They are both on a journey, of sorts, learning to interact with someone who is quite different from herself. The way Raphaëlle interacts with Astrid has changed, while Raphaëlle's co-workers, for the most part, has not. I suspect that will evolve. Astrid has evolved, and one moment is when the give Raphaëlle a thimble for her birthday. No spoilers, but I found it quit touching, but only after Astrid explained it to Raphaëlle.

One more thing I could relate to.
The thimble is a birthday present for Raphaëlle. We find out it is Astrid's birthday as well. Raphaëlle is amazed. Astrid points out how many people are born on any particular day, thus all sharing the same birthday. I imagined everyone realizes this, but the show suggests they do not. Well, that is until a show like this points it out. :)

(The tapping of her finger on her own leg, was something I could relate to.)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2024, 1:53 pm

Yes to everything you said about Astrid +

The records repository Astrid works in LOOKS LIKE HEAVEN to me!

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2024, 11:32 pm

Astrid

Just finished season 1, where Astrid's co-workers, who make fun of her in episode 1 learn how exceptional she is when they over hear the coroner expressing his gratitude for her brilliant observations, knowledge, and deduction. The police also begin to trust her judgement.

Then, Astrid is forced into a situation where she asks her self, what would Raphaëlle do? It was funny, because she faced this before, and both times the first thing she imagines Raphaëlle doing is angerly belting out a string of colorful curse words. Then Raphaëlle would calm down and approach the problem in a more controlled manner. I'll give you a clue how difficult this is for Astrid in the situation she finds herself in. She is zipped tied to a chair, and a killer keeps touching her. She is not in control, and he has a knife. Similarly, Raphaëlle is placed in a situation without Astrid's help. Astrid has been abducted. Raphaëlle realizes she must look at the situation differently, as Astrid would, like a puzzle, to save her friend. They are both succeed. They have become good friends.

Not mentioned before, Astrid belongs to a support group of people on the spectrum. They are all quite different, not force into a template of what one things ASD is. I also liked that idiosyncrasies the ASD characters show are not overtly pointed out. They are just there, and the creators of the show relies on the audiences' observation to notice and accept it. For instance, the gentleman that moderates the support group has an interesting "quirk" with his walk. He will walk along, and then briefly stop, move the the left or right, and then continue. It reminded me of someone avoiding cracks in the sidewalk, but I do not think that is what he is doing, and it is not explained. He just does it. We see it. It is normal. So the audience is not treated like an imbecile as American television often does with exposition. The audience is part of the journey of discovery.

I hope I have not spoiled anything. I may have. :?

Finally, my comments for episodes 4-6 are filled with wrong words and misspellings. This is typical of me. I generally try to find them and correct them. I think it too late to corrected them. It bugs me though because it makes it more difficult to understand what I'm trying to say. Such is life. :oops:

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2024, 11:45 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Astrid from PBS.org

Season 1
Episode 4 - Missing Link
Episode 5 - Closed Room
Episode 6 - Fulcanelli

Stuff I can relate to, in a very narrow spotlight (there are more).
Astrid's issues with buying presents was one I could relate to.
Her solution to buying a gift was one I could relation to.
The perplexed reaction from others, when her present is presented, was something I could relate to.

Now that I've gotten some of the I can relate to items out of the way, I enjoy the way Astrid and Raphaëlle work together and interact. They are both on a journey, of sorts, learning to interact with someone who is quite different from herself. The way Raphaëlle interacts with Astrid has changed, while Raphaëlle's co-workers, for the most part, has not. I suspect that will evolve. Astrid has evolved. One moment is when she gives Raphaëlle a thimble for her birthday. No spoilers, but I found it quite touching, but only after Astrid explained it to Raphaëlle. Until then, I was as perplexed as everyone else, although I knew it had some significance.

One more thing I could relate to.
We find out it is Astrid's birthday as well. They share the same birthday. Raphaëlle is amazed. Astrid points out how many people are born on any particular day, thus all sharing the same birthday. I imagine everyone realizes this, but the show suggests they do not. Well, that is until a show like this points it out. :)

(The tapping of her finger on her own leg, was something I could relate to.)

Corrections and clarifications in bold

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2024, 12:42 am

The Penguin.
The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon - The Book Of Carol.
The Twilight Zone.