Page 440 of 440 [ 7028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 436, 437, 438, 439, 440

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:53 am

Episode 4 of Penguin

It is a really good show imo

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:10 pm

babybird wrote:
Episode 4 of Penguin

It is a really good show imo

Agreed. I'm not sure if that comes off with my posts.
I watched The Sweeney a while ago, I think sometime this year, on BritBox. I like the feel for the older era of television from the 1970s. I have not watch the newer version from this century. I think that is a movie (???). I enjoy John Thaw.

This morning's viewing...

Ghost Hunters

Still season 9 on Netflix

Later, early afternoon...
The episode is called Family Plot. The second have deal with the farm of Louise Bromfield, a Pulitzer winning author. It centers around his daughter Anne, who the TAPS team say was "dealing with mental issues." From their description, it sounds like she was on the autism spectrum. My evidence was flimsy. Then I found this quote from an article that references her having autism.
A Malabar Farm legacy comes to an end.
The article states -
Quote:
This appears to be a gloss on the experience of the oldest Bromfield child, Anne, who at the very least was somewhere along the autism spectrum in her youth, but then apparently suffered adult-onset schizophrenia as she aged.
I also read that the family hid her autism away from the socialite friends. Autism does not come up in the episode, and I wonder if she was not misdiagnosed?

The reason this made an impression was I was thinking last night "If there are ghosts, what is the ghost of a person who is/was on the autistic spectrum in life like?" Perhaps I should make a thread asking that question. Although it is an exercise in imagination to answer because one cannot prove the existence of ghosts. It is a belief. Therefore one can only speculate. The question came to me while I was reading the book, Hungry Bones by Louise Hung. (Autism does not play a role in the book, but I wondered what if it did?)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 3:17 pm

The pilot episode of NCIS: Origins.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:38 pm

It has been a paranormal day.

On Netflix
Ghost Hunters, season 8, episodes 1 through 6.
1 - Roller Ghoster
2 - Buyer Beware
3 - Flooded Souls
4 - Dead & Breakfast
5 - Moonshine & Madness
6 - City Hell

On Max
Kindrid Spirits
Season 1, episodes 1 through 3
1 - Breaking and Entering
2 - Cabin in the Woods
3 - Trapped in the Attic

Max has the episodes in a different order than what is on IMDB.

The show features Amy Bruni and Adam Berry, who were previously on Ghost Hunters. Their investigations are maybe a bit more intimate than Ghost Hunters. They attempt to identify if there are spirits, who the spirits belong to, and to help the property owner and the spirit be at peace. Smaller budget, less tech, interesting results. They started the series after leaving Ghost Hunters.
The incidental music is just as dramatic as Ghost Hunters. The editing is not.
Amy has a podcast called Haunted Road. As I recall, she tells a story, and she has a guest. Adam has appeared on her show. I enjoyed the podcast. I enjoy Kindred Spirits.
Whether one believes in such things or not, Amy and Adam have always seemed more genuine, in my opinion.