Page 6 of 18 [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2012, 1:30 pm

Splice.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 4:03 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
probably twilight or avatar

Society has created a culture in hating those 2 films, but for once, this is probably the only thing where I find myself actually agreeing with society. Judging from the trailers and the fans alone already.

BoyAspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm

Let's see here...

1. Wall-E; I liked the concept, but was rather displeased with the execution. (did like the animation though)
2. Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines/Terminator Salvation; The former tarnished the reputation of the (admittedly overrated) first two. Salvation did make up for it, but only slightly.
3. Meet The Spartans; I regret seeing this. Nothing else, your honor.
4. Barney's Great Adventure; I had the misfortune to see this when I was younger. And I was never a fan of the series to begin with.
5. Spider-Man 2; I don't see what the appeal of it is; I just don't.
6. Iron Man II; While I enjoyed the movie; it's not as good as the original.
7. Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen; I only watched this because I liked the 2007 film.
8. Alien Vs. Predator; I found it boring not only as an adaptation and a sequel. But on its own merits.
9. Avatar: I watched this movie twice; I liked it. Nowadays I have to admit that it's only for SFX to show off.
10. Godzilla 1998; it's a disgrace to the name of Godzilla.
11. The Matrix; Again, I don't see what the appeal of it is.
12. Predator 2: Liked the idea, hated the execution.
13. The Room; As bad as the film is, I admit it's a blast to watch.

Parasol
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

Batman and Robin (Everyone knows about this already)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 (I can go on forever why I hate this movie)
Twilight (Boring)
Transformers 2 and 3 (The 1st Michael Bay movie was okay but my favourite will always be the 1986 Movie)
Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 (3 was okayish)
Superman Returns (I did not see 3 or 4 which I think is a good thing)
Avatar (The visuals are pretty but the story is so repeated and predictable)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (This was a very unnecessary sequel)

I know there is more but probably I did not see them.

angrycat31
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2012, 9:48 am

Transformers 2
Oxford Murders
Joyful Noise
Twilight
Igby Goes Down
Jackass
Hanna
Meskada
Fever Pitch (american version)
Superbabies 2

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

'Chaos', directed by Tony Giglio, and 'Stardust', directed by Matthew Vaughn.

I have some trouble understanding why either film received so many accolades.

joeyfarlz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2012, 1:01 pm

American Pie - it was so disgusting,
Pride and Prejudice (with Keira Knightley) I'm a Big fan of the BBC TV version and this new version kind of made them all look really desperate, tarty and not nearly as classy.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

Cats and Dogs 2...the worst sequel to a movie I've ever seen.

Then I have done my job

Duncan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2012, 2:39 pm

Footloose

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 7:27 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
Ishtar rates extra high for me on the worst film ever list because the only time I watched it was in a waiting room for an intensive care unit at 2 am in the morning. My aunt had been in a horrible accident where she had flown through the windshield after hitting a truck pulling a boat. She did survive and is able to walk about as well as I do (aside from the fact she's blind in one eye) but we were all sure she was going to die at the time and I recall the night well. It was about 7 of us, mom, dad, sister, her mom and husband, some other relatives. We were all just quiet and someone turns on the tv to liven up the mood and its f***ing Ishtar and we all watch it. I remember asking my mom, "Hey is this that really bad movie everyone is watching in hell in that one Farside comic strip?" "Yes" "Oh."

The worst part is that I thought it was going to be terrible in a "hahaha this is so goofy" MST3k way like Hercules and the Captive Women because I recognized Ishtar from mythology. Instead it was some abortion of a musical comedy that was just dreadful.

Ishtar? Did somone say Ishtar!? Oh, my God: HELL YEAH!

I actually saw the blankety-blank movie when it was being shown in a movie theatre one fine evening.

I too might have thought it was going to be a costume drama associated with the Babylonian goddess of love and war.

The most succinct way to describe the movie is with a smiley: :bom:

Here's a longer description: Ishtar was a two-headed hydra such that each head bit off the other's neck. :thumbdown:

It began as a painfully unfunny buddy picture where the jokes were "telegraphed" (in other words, the actors let you know what the punchline
was going to be long before it was delivered). Then, director Elaine May threw her two leading actors (Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty)
into the least successful remake of the original Star Wars since Cerberus was a puppy. (How's that for a mythological allusion?)
Poor Isabelle Adjani, she didn't know she was getting into the role of Princess Leia in that remake. Indeed, that movie soured me on the
original Star Wars and the whole first trilogy (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi).

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 2:46 am

I might have missed it but no bad movie list would be complete without "Manos: The Hands of Fate". It was rediscovered by the good folks at MST3K and many consider it to be the worst film of all time.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2012, 3:47 am

You may disagree, but I thought Avatar was a big letdown. It didn't turn out how I thought it'd be. :|

DeathbyMonkeys
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2012, 9:14 pm

I think some of you got "the WORST" with "I don't LIKE/HATE." Movies like Transformers or WALLIE (afraid I got to WTF that one, it has realistic elements, Awmazing animation and a little robot romance) are good in many ways. The worst movie you've ever seen would have to be bad in MANY ways if not disgusting or horrible in some way. Once my mom started a movie she thought I'd like. It contained a scene in the beginning were a man killed a woman and then raped her dead body. I was very angry at my mom and her girlfriend and went into my room to cry for at least ten minutes.

To those naming heard of and loved, and all around good in their own way, genre, time,
have you even heard of Mystery Science Theatre 3000?

As a person who loves watching bad movies (except bad new horror movies, can't laugh at those) and a movie lover in general, it actually concerns me how people don't value ( I cant spell the right word for it) movies made nowadays. Especially kids growing up with these great special affects. I have a horrible feeling they are going to turn out spoiled rotten (When it comes to movies).

I've found the tricks to liking a bearable movie for what it is,
1. Don't go into a movie with *strong* expectations (I expect movies to not contain or show rape) They can't fit everything in a book into a movie. Most people who didn't like The Last Airebender (it wasn't amazing but it wasn't BAD) expected every part they loved in the show to be in the movie.
2. Don't concern yourself with plot holes. Sometimes its impossible , I have a hard time with it too. But does it really make the movie unwatchable.
3. Don't overanalyze so much it upsets you.
4. If a movie has bad acting, focus on a part of the movie that is good, like special affects.
5. If its an old movie with lots of bad elements, make fun of it. (MST3000 is a good way to learn how to do this.
6. You don't have to focus entirely on a movie if your at home. I'm watching The Land That Time Forgot right now.

flyingninja123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2012, 3:17 pm

Plan 9 From Outer Space & Manos The Hands of Fate. Those are probably the two worst films I have seen. They are also fun to watch if you have nothing to do, and want to pick apart a bad movie. :)

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2012, 12:33 am

The Decoy Bride.

The. Decoy. Bride.

[b]AGH[b]

So, I was on Netflix and I saw this here little picture in the "Popular Now" category. Starring David Tennant! How bad could a movie be with the Doctor in it be, I thought. Well: real, real bad. Barfy bad. So bad I watched the whole thing just to hate it more. Horrible, broad main characters. An entire Scottish island obsessed with one woman's singlehood status. Improbable plot. And the worst part? The movie, this stupid stupid movie, thinks its "parody" of celebrity culture is witty, incisive, and topical. This movie thinks it's all that. Gah this movie.

anarkhos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2012, 10:56 pm

All the worst movies I've seen were actually quite entertaining (especially with help from mst3k or rifftrax), so this is hard.

The absolute worst movie ever made is Monster a Go Go. No amount of riffing could make this enjoyable.

Notables include Birdemic, Batman and Robin, The Room, and Twilight.