Page 7 of 18 [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 12:00 am

anarkhos wrote:
All the worst movies I've seen were actually quite entertaining (especially with help from mst3k or rifftrax), so this is hard.

The absolute worst movie ever made is Monster a Go Go. No amount of riffing could make this enjoyable.

Notables include Birdemic, Batman and Robin, The Room, and Twilight.

I agree. I've watched a LOT of B-movies, exploitation flicks, no-budget horror. And even the really awful ones were fun, if for no other reason than to make fun of it. The Room was so hilarious because the director/star Tommy Waseau took it so seriously. Monster A Go Go was just totally inept from start to finish. But they were both hilarious. I can't put Plan Nine here even though it's definitely bad, because I have a soft spot now for Ed Wood Films.

Some others I could add to this list --
Curse of the Swamp Creature
Zontar, The Thing from Venus
Horror of Party Beach
ZAAT! -- featuring a gratuitous folk rock band that comes out of nowhere, performs a really bad song, and then disappears.
Astrozombies -- Took me three viewings to make it through this without falling asleep.
Orgy of the Dead -- 1960s strippers in a graveyard, being judged for their sins by a vampire-type guy and his female mate, a werewolf and a mummy.
Blood Feast -- terrible acting, script, score and sets intercut with some truly horrific gore effects
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies -- Yep. Real title, real movie.
Attack of the Mushroom People
Blood Freak -- a religious ex-vet named Herschell smokes weed, passes out and dreams of becoming a giant homocidal turkey monster. Has a narrator who smokes a lot and goes into a coughing fit at the end of the film

Some of more recent vintage --
Armageddon (I was hoping both Willis and Affleck would get blown up).
Godzilla (the Broderick travesty. Godzilla's a girl? Please!)
Battlefield Earth
No Way Out -- a Russel Crowe thriller that wasn't thrilling. Boring and completely pointless. A total waste of time, money, film and talent.

birchbark
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

godoftruemercy wrote:
The Decoy Bride.

The. Decoy. Bride.

[b]AGH[b]

So, I was on Netflix and I saw this here little picture in the "Popular Now" category. Starring David Tennant! How bad could a movie be with the Doctor in it be, I thought. Well: real, real bad. Barfy bad. So bad I watched the whole thing just to hate it more. Horrible, broad main characters. An entire Scottish island obsessed with one woman's singlehood status. Improbable plot. And the worst part? The movie, this stupid stupid movie, thinks its "parody" of celebrity culture is witty, incisive, and topical. This movie thinks it's all that. Gah this movie.

Awe, I didn't think it was that bad. And it did have a teeny tiny bit of Dylan Moran, which goes a long way towards redeeming any movie, in my opinion. :-)

Worst for me was The Shining. Yeah, it was creepy at first; but, by the time they got to the big chase scene at the end, the acting was so bad I could barely stand to look at the screen.

allakara
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Aug 2012, 1:13 am

Friends With Benefits. Yuk! Horrible plot, humor, acting, ect. Thank god it was only half the length compared to a normal feature length film because i was about to eject the DVD player before i realized it was actually ending anyways.

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 11:28 pm

1) Any movie with Will Smith in it. He should have just stuck with Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

2) Any movie with Jennifer Love Hewitt in it. She's one of the hottest actresses ever and I used to have a major crush on her, but every movie she's in sucks horribly. That includes The Tuxedo, which is Jackie Chan's worst movie.

3) Kingdom of Heaven. Horrible on all accounts.

4) V for Vendetta. Overrated, overhyped, and no, Natalie does NOT look better bald.

5) Michael Bay Transformers Movies. Some of the worst pieces of s*** I've ever seen.

6) Twilight films. I don't really have to explain why they're bad.

7) Transporter 3. "What are you, teh gay?" sums this movie up nicely.

8) Star Trek Generations. Boring, stupid, sappy, full of plot holes, and the great Captain Kirk gets a cheap death.

9) Batman and Robin - Worst Batman movie, worst AHNULD movie, and...A BAT CREDIT CARD?! !! !

10) Any movie made by that fatass pig Michael Moore (except for Canadian Bacon; that movie was pretty hilarious).

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 5:15 am

Night of the blood monster

browncow45
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2012, 1:16 pm

Green Hornet and Knowing are the first two to come to mind.

NextDoorLunatic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Aug 2012, 6:43 pm

I recently watched "The United States Of Leland"/ "State Of Mind" and absolutely hated it. I was so excited to watch it since it sounded like something I could enjoy and then it was just boring, the plot seemed old and his problems... oh my gosh, just another teenage movie with a wannabe-deep-thinker who sees only sadness in the world around him. -.- Disappointing.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:04 pm

if you think Jurassic Park, or Avatar were bad movies then you haven't seen a REAL bad movie and the truth is there are many of them. Keep in mind about what makes a bad movie, acting, plot, special effects, actors, plot setup, and cinematography. Yes I agree some hollywood films are bad like Dumb and Dumberer but trying watching some independent films and see for yourself which ones are REALLY bad!

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Nov 2012, 9:38 am

Twilight

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

19 Nov 2012, 11:12 am

Titanic: The Legend Goes On. 'Nuff said.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

Star Wars Episode I

Jar Jar Binks, to this day, I still see as annoying, the kid who played Anakin Skywalker was wooden and dull, he made everybody else's acting look wooden too, and whoever got the bright idea to greenlight an Episode VII probably doesn't realize that the cast of the original movies are too old to reprise their roles from the original Star Wars, if the lead characters will be around the same age from the original movies.

Super Size Me
Yes, we know eating fast food is unhealthy; enough said.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 7:22 pm

Nostradamus.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 12:31 am

LexingtonDeville wrote:
10. The Village

I loved that movie! :P

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 5:20 am

littlelily613 wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
10. The Village

I loved that movie! :P

Me too!

TheNexus18
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

(Not in any particular order)
Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Cats and Dogs 2, Drive Angry, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Eragon, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn Pts. 1 and 2, Journey to Permithea, The Black Hole, anything that has to do with Naruto, Species III, Species: Awakening, Catwoman, Shrek the 3rd, Transporter 2, Transporter 3, Snow White and the Huntsmen, The Spy Next Door, live action Ben 10 movies, SpongeBob Squarepants Movie, Marmaduke, Hannah Montana: The Movie, Fred The Movie, Superhero Movie, Meet the Spartans.
And those are just the ones I can remember at the moment.

Last edited by TheNexus18 on 26 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

They can always set the next Star Wars 30 years after the Return of the Jedi and do this whole "let's get out of retirement and or office jobs and live our youthful years" theme that seemed to mark the Star Trek films. Oh no, Admiral Kirk wants to be a swashbuckling starship captain and can't stand sitting around in an office plotting strategy, he wants to take over other people's ships, I mean that was the theme that kept happening, so they could do this with Luke Skywalker who I guess becomes some kind of high magistrate somewhere shuffling papers and can't stand it any more.