ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 7 of 43 [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 43  Next

DeoxysRibonuke
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2007, 8:00 pm

Okay, I think I feel safe in saying this now that I feel like I have enough evidence:

I feel like Jenny Johnson/G-Girl from the comedy "My Super-Ex Girlfriend" might have both a Borderline Personality Disorder and Aspergers. Now, I wouldn't feel safe in give her the ASD Diagnosis if they hadn't revealed that in her high-school years she was a geek. (NOTE: Just because you are a geek doesn't mean you HAVE Aspergers, but it certainly doesn't say you DON'T have it.)

Therefore, if you would like to chat me up, you may contact me at my AIM screenname. Being a student, I canno

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 2:44 am

Corporal Upham, in Saving Private Ryan. A linguist, a journalist, familiar with Shakespeare and other classics, quirky, clumsy as hell, walks funny, tries to be a friend to the others but has obvious social difficulties.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 3:08 pm

How about Mr Darcy, from Pride & Prejudice? His halting social skills and inability to really make an emotional connection with Elizabeth until the very end of the film (and the novel it's based on) surely can't be NT.

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 5:55 pm

MrSinister wrote:
How about Mr Darcy, from Pride & Prejudice? His halting social skills and inability to really make an emotional connection with Elizabeth until the very end of the film (and the novel it's based on) surely can't be NT.

That's my theory!

As a matter of fact, back in the day, I posted a thread explaining that very idea.
I am currently in the process of rewriting Pride & Prejudice in the modern day, switching the genders of all the characters(for the fun of it) and giving the Mr. Darcy character a diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome, which would not only explain his (sorry, her) motives, but would provide me with an excellent platform from which to obnoxiously profess my views throughout the subtext of the novel.

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 11:48 pm

For myself, I'd leave out androids and aliens - they're not supposed to act "normal"...

Det. Goren, definitely. In one early episode, when they went up against a murderer who was also diagnosed Aspie, his partner's comment after first meeting the suspect was, "I didn't know you had an older, creepier brother."

I think Lt. Felix Gaeta, on Battlestar Galactica, might be one of Us. He's socially awkward, highly intelligent (after Dr. Baltar was abducted by the Cylons, Gaeta was the one entrusted with deciphering his notes), and strongly interested in the pursuit of justice, even when it runs counter to his own interests. (He was the one who blew apart Roslin's attempt to stuff the ballot box during the election, and later risked execution by the Cylons during the occupation of New Caprica to smuggle intel to the Resistance. After they got back to the Galactica, he was willing to be executed as a collaborator, to help expunge his self-imposed guilt over helping to put Baltar into power in the first place.)

I'd also have to go with Peter Parker, in the comics anyway. Who but an Aspie would think to invent an artificial spider-silk analogue to help him fight Evil, then neglect to pursue all the various profitable offshoots of such technology? (Hey, do you know how much various police departments would pay to be able to equip their officers with webshooters?)

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 10:14 pm

HAL 9000

And as for "House", it was the "Lines in the Sand" (bloody carpet/autie) that got me on the web, and so to my "AHA!" moment.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2007, 10:42 pm

Bamellis wrote:
I just found this site yesterday..

Anyone watch The Bernie Mac show? That Jordan kid in the show seems totally Aspie!! :lol:

Anyone watch "House"? That's my favorite show and I loved the one where Dr. House was freaking about them taking his blood stained carpet out of his office. At the end they said he had Aspergers. During the show Dr. House was dealing with an Autistic kid and he was the only person who understood the kid. I loved that episode. :D

I think that Jordan and Dr. House are aspies too.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 11:48 pm

Monsieur Hulot.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 8:06 pm

I think Screech from Saved by the Bell might be an aspie, too.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 9:40 pm

Roy Hinkley The Professor on "Gilligan's Island".

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 9:40 pm

I know all androids are aspies by default but I want to add this character
Lal from Star Trek TNG episode "The Offspring", which is my favorite episode of the series
I liked her a lot even before I knew anything about AS and had very limited knowledge about autism.
It was a very emotional episode for me and I cried at the end the first time I saw it.

dontwanttoknow
Raven
Raven

25 Apr 2007, 12:36 am

greenblue wrote:
I know all androids are aspies by default but I want to add this character
Lal from Star Trek TNG episode "The Offspring", which is my favorite episode of the series
I liked her a lot even before I knew anything about AS and had very limited knowledge about autism.
It was a very emotional episode for me and I cried at the end the first time I saw it.

Didn't somebody say in an earlier post that any aliens couldn't be Aspies because they're supposed to be different?

DisneyPixar172
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Apr 2007, 8:08 pm

Quote:
Lilo from 'Lilo and Stitch' most definitely has AS. She doesn't have good social skills, she is completely obsessed with Elvis, and she's not very good at calming herself down in a bad situation (ie. beating up Mertle for calling her "crazy"). And she definitely thinks outside the box.

Oh, yeah. Totally agree. STRONGLY agree. Call me Lilo's twin from another realm.....

~~~~

Roxas_XIII wrote:
hadapurpura wrote:
And Cosmo from Fairy Godparents...

He's not aspie. He's just had one too many anvils dropped on his head...

Not Cosmo, but Timmy.

Come on, people! The first lines in the theme song are "Timmy is an average kid who no one understands". Aspie, in my opinion.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2007, 10:30 pm

DisneyPixar172 wrote:
Quote:
Lilo from 'Lilo and Stitch' most definitely has AS. She doesn't have good social skills, she is completely obsessed with Elvis, and she's not very good at calming herself down in a bad situation (ie. beating up Mertle for calling her "crazy"). And she definitely thinks outside the box.

Oh, yeah. Totally agree. STRONGLY agree. Call me Lilo's twin from another realm.....

Yeah, I'm a lot like Lilo, too, as you saw in my other post! I could immensely relate to her in my last town, but I was hated by everyone there to the point where there was a cult going against me (not joking!). However, since I moved, things have been going great! But I still do feel lonely sometimes. And Elvis is cool! :wink: It's nice to see another Lilo fan around!

DisneyPixar172
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Apr 2007, 2:03 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
DisneyPixar172 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I'm a lot like Lilo, too, as you saw in my other post! I could immensely relate to her in my last town, but I was hated by everyone there to the point where there was a cult going against me (not joking!). However, since I moved, things have been going great! But I still do feel lonely sometimes. And Elvis is cool! :wink: It's nice to see another Lilo fan around!

Elvis IS cool!

I think that I found a friend....

Monk_Fighter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2007, 6:22 pm

The puppet from SAW.
(joke)
Ummmm.....
Any shy character in an anime.