Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Xule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2010, 2:32 pm

Does anyone here watch True Blood? I picked up on it when the BBC started showing the first season a few months ago. Then I watched the rest online. The third season is due to come out soon.
I was thrilled when I discovered it because I used to read Harris' books as a teen. It's also refreshing to see vampires being represented by something other than Twilight ¬_¬
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLrIKpYeivM[/youtube]

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 3:45 pm

I don't watch much tv - but I make an exception for True Blood!!

I like the fact that Sookie is a strong female character.

Also, I like the fact that I am able to engage in "willing suspension of disbelief" as the characters are true. For instance - Sookie is probably high school educated. She is intelligent, but not well schooled. Her vocabulary, actions and behavioiur all reflect this. All the characters are written in acted true to character and circumstance.

Anyways, I find the series great fun!!

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 4:10 pm

True Blood is one of my favourite shows right now. And the new series starts a few days before my birthday. :D

I don't like the books as much because we don't get different characters' perspectives. But I'm still going to read them after each corresponding series just because I want to experience as much of the world as I can, I am in love with the characters.

jayroo79
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2010, 5:25 pm

I love HBO's True Blood. I love what Alan Ball has done with the characters. I'm not as much of a fan of the original books that the show is based off of, but I am very much a fan of the show.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 7:48 pm

mmmmm True Blood!! !! I can't wait!! ! I :heart: Eric. Especially when he tricked Sookie into drinking his blood. God, she's gullible. Ooooh and Lafayette - so great!!

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 11:21 am

I saw the first season but they moved it to Sky/Cable. :(

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...