Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2006, 4:53 pm

I don't know if any of you have seen previews for this on AMC during James Bond 24:007 week but is anyone else drooling over the first episode set to sail on Saturday at 10:00 ET? It's almost like all the best elements of Lock Stock, Snatch, or Boondock Saints (mainly the british psychological angle) mixed with a lot of high social games, scam-artistry, and just some stuff that looks about as intense and convoluted as if John Grisham had a hand in the story line. What really sucks is that I'll be out partying, my friends will be out partying, which means someone's gotta run our broken DVR back to the cable place to get it exchanges under warranty - the pressure's on cuz none of us wanna miss it!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2006, 10:01 pm

I caught the first episode off DVR today from last night - it does teeter on the edge of cheese but at the same time it is stylish, does have those nice convoluted plot lines (though yeah, pretty typical fraud formulas), and I can say it's at least fun to watch. If you've watched TV so much that you can see any plotline from a mile away this might not be your show, if you haven't it's still worth catching an episode to see what you think for yourself.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2006, 10:33 pm

Is this the BBC show? Its pretty good, pity i only caught the tail-end of the last series.

It may be available for d/l from www.uknova.com - most of the better UK TV series end up there (unless its become commercially available, in which case they remove it)

psych
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2006, 11:55 am

Theres a great real life spin-off airing atm. They follow 3 ex-pros around with hidden cameras, who operate various scams on unsuspecting members of the public. (afterwards they interview the victims & give the money back).

Some of its fun lighthearted stuff you could try out yourself, other is more serious ie. pretending to be an undercover detective in order to 'arrest' your acclomplice and openly steal jewellry.

You can d/l episode one from www.uknova.com its called 'the real hustle'

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2006, 7:55 pm

Really? I'd have to check that out. I'm still liking the regular Hustle, though last Saturday's show's ending kinda p'd me off (not a bad story but still, ouch...).

Renagade
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2006, 3:44 am

first episode? Hasn't this show been on for about 3 years?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2006, 5:48 am

Renagade wrote:
first episode? Hasn't this show been on for about 3 years?

Not if you live in the U.S.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2006, 12:22 pm

New series out soon.

Ill seed a torrent of 'the real hustle' if anyones interested, in a few weeks when the series ends.