Anyone seen the series Avatar: the Last Airbender on Nick?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2006, 10:54 pm

I know its a kids show, but personally most of the shows I watch are still kids shows. Anyway, I did some research and found that the show uses Inuit, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Tibetan language, philosophy, religion and culture to flesh out the characters and places in the show. Even the fighting in the show is based on real world Chinese martial arts. :D

Yakko: We'd love to stay here and count our brain cells as they die one-by-one.
Dot: But we can't.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2006, 11:14 pm

Nope, haven't seen that, but I DID read a review for the script of James Cameron's Project 880 AKA Avatar. Was very positive. ^.^

Aspen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2006, 11:17 pm

Yes, I have seen it. It is a good show.

agent79
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2006, 6:16 pm

I have watched many episodes!! ! I love that show. My husband actually tells me if it is on and I am missing it. How wicked would that be if James Cameron made a movie about it? Unlikely but neat.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2006, 6:42 pm

Oh, he's not, but he IS making a film called "Avatar." Unrelated, though. He apparently can't decide if he's going to make it or his live action "Battle Angel Alita" first.

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

17 Mar 2006, 1:18 am

agent79 wrote:
I have watched many episodes!! ! I love that show. My husband actually tells me if it is on and I am missing it. How wicked would that be if James Cameron made a movie about it? Unlikely but neat.

The new season starts tomorrow. I personally find the interplay between Zuko and Ozai and Iroh to be fascinating. With Zula added to the mix things should get even more interesting. One of my favorite parts of the show is the deadpan humor. I just think it is hilarious and can actually make me laugh. Sokka's quips are great fun!

Yakko: We'd love to stay here and count our brain cells as they die one-by-one.
Dot: But we can't.

netaholic
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Sep 2006, 12:17 pm

who is your favorite character? mine is aang