Interesting new Anime (well, new to the US I think).

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 9:20 am

Well, I've been watching a series called "Shiki," and, for lack of a better explanation (without spoilage), it seems like a combination of "Salem's Lot" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes." It's a bit of a paranormal mystery series that involves a string of curious deaths and a mysterious "western style home" in a quiet Japanese town. They have it on Hulu, with new episodes on Fridays if you want to check it out.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 10:47 am

I have been watching it too, funny thing about spoiling for someone is that I actually figured out the meat of what was hapening within the first half of the first episode, probably when I saw the house. Another good thing is that it includes one of the writers of Ghost Hunt, and can have a simular eerie atmosphere at times.
For enjoyment I will add in the opening theme which I find kind of catchy.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfpTOw44o8I[/youtube]

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 12:57 pm

Well, what I'm liking about it is that, sure, you know what's happening, but the presentation is based on classic details . . . not some of this new-age crap I've been hearing about. The show plays with your mind, which is what the creatures do, and how they're supposed to be. The teens, doctor, and priest are trying to figure things out, but each is afraid no one will listen to what they have come up with/seen. I would put this show under a definite psycho/horror thriller that shows a lot of promise.