Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2012, 12:32 pm

Has there ever been a movie scene that made you feel uncomfortable? I remember feeling a bit uneasy after seeing the scene in "Kangaroo Jack", where Charlie grabs that girl's breasts in the desert. It wasn't really funny (haha, you thought her boobs were fake, but they really aren't), it just made me feel awkward for some reason.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:42 pm

In the first Hangover there was a scene where a man had electrodes shot to his face by kids in school. To me it wasn't funny. I thought it was a low point, tasteless and unfunny.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

There are many movie scenes that make me feel uncomfortable. All it takes is for something to be ridiculously absurd and highly unlikely to ever occur.

As on example, one movie I've seen recently is titled "Leap Year" about a woman going to Ireland to ask her boyfriend to marry her. In the movie, her airplane lands in Wales because of storms so she hires a boat to take her to Cork, but the boat lands her on the Dingle Peninsula instead! And it goes downhill from there.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 1:00 am

A Night At The Roxbury.
Those guys were so incredibly dense and looked foolish all the time, so that even though I was laughing, I felt so embarrassed for them to the point of cringing.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 1:12 am

Any time the hero (or frankly anyone in the picture) is being made fun of, I can't watch. If I can see it coming, I turn away and cover my ears. On another website, a member talked about how she and her husband watch TV in bed and her husband will flip the sheet over his face if something "embarrassing" happens. That's basically me. If it could possibly be embarrassing, I'll cringe and try not to watch it.

Also, anything about hurting animals. I watched "I Am Legend" on DVD and ended up crouching behind my kitchen "nook" wall with my ears plugged until the bit about the dog was over (I can't fast forward through because then I'll just see the dog trauma quickly and I can't jump to the next chapter because then I'll miss bits - whatever! Don't judge me! I'm a dog person!)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 2:34 am

The whole movie Heathers starring Christian Slater and Winona Ryder made me uncomfortable. It was supposed to be a black comedy, but I found nothing funny about it - in fact, I found it disturbing to the point where if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a horror movie.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 6:29 am

there was this scene in Bound where one of the female characters who is attracted to women sleeps with a guy and the lesbian next door who is interested in her makes a comment that could be interpreted as monosexist. otherwise it was great movie. i'm sure i could think of many others but none come to mind right now.

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2012, 7:06 pm

cozysweater wrote:
Any time the hero (or frankly anyone in the picture) is being made fun of, I can't watch. If I can see it coming, I turn away and cover my ears. On another website, a member talked about how she and her husband watch TV in bed and her husband will flip the sheet over his face if something "embarrassing" happens. That's basically me. If it could possibly be embarrassing, I'll cringe and try not to watch it.

Also, anything about hurting animals. I watched "I Am Legend" on DVD and ended up crouching behind my kitchen "nook" wall with my ears plugged until the bit about the dog was over (I can't fast forward through because then I'll just see the dog trauma quickly and I can't jump to the next chapter because then I'll miss bits - whatever! Don't judge me! I'm a dog person!)

No, I understand. I cried when Willie in "My Dog Skip", hit his dog at the baseball game.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 8:04 am

The whole "You like strong women. I've done my homework. Or do I need skin-tight vinyl and a whip?" innuendo line uttered by Nicole Kidman towards Val Kilmer in Batman Forever, wasn't it supposed to be a family film? Instead, this line is so awkward, cheesy and cringeworthy, and symbolises how bad the Joel Schumacher films really are.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 1:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxMzNaMoMw[/youtube]

This scene led to an awkward moment for me. I found this scene to be extremely amusing, but the people I was watching with did not (to put it mildly). :oops:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:18 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxMzNaMoMw[/youtube]

This scene led to an awkward moment for me. I found this scene to be extremely amusing, but the people I was watching with did not (to put it mildly). :oops:

Hey, I laughed out loud at that clip!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 4:37 pm

I really squirm at the bit in pulp fiction where they have to put the adrenaline needle into Uma Therman's heart.

8O

TheNexus18
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2012, 1:08 pm

In Evangelion 1.11, I was watching it with my dad and younger brother, and the scene where Shinji was supposed to deliver a card to Rei (his fellow pilot) and goes to her apartment. No one answers the door, so he comes in and looks around, then turns around and sees her in a towel after just coming out of the shower, and after a sudden mishap they fall to the floor and he's on top of her and they're both STARING at each other, and she's naked and yeah, the whole moment lasted for about two minutes. It was pretty awkward to watch with my dad, animated or not, since they're both supposed to be like 14 years old.
Anime fanservice is always awkward to watch with parents...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 5:12 am

TheNexus18 wrote:
In Evangelion 1.11, I was watching it with my dad and younger brother, and the scene where Shinji was supposed to deliver a card to Rei (his fellow pilot) and goes to her apartment. No one answers the door, so he comes in and looks around, then turns around and sees her in a towel after just coming out of the shower, and after a sudden mishap they fall to the floor and he's on top of her and they're both STARING at each other, and she's naked and yeah, the whole moment lasted for about two minutes. It was pretty awkward to watch with my dad, animated or not, since they're both supposed to be like 14 years old.

That moment happens in the original Evangelion TV series too. I wouldn't recommend watching Evangelion with any family members, not only because of the risque moments like that but because of the severe levels of psychological horror that are present later on in the series (though from what I've heard, the newer movies are going in a different direction than the original series and its follow-up movie).

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 2:05 pm

I saw Excaliber in the theater with my mom when I was 13 and when Ygraine did the sexy dance for Uther I wanted to disappear through the floor.

TheNexus18
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Nov 2012, 3:01 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
TheNexus18 wrote:

That moment happens in the original Evangelion TV series too. I wouldn't recommend watching Evangelion with any family members, not only because of the risque moments like that but because of the severe levels of psychological horror that are present later on in the series (though from what I've heard, the newer movies are going in a different direction than the original series and its follow-up movie).

I'm well aware of the awkwardness the TV series has, and how similar 1.11 and the original series are. I was a fan before the movies. :D The newer movies are in fact going in a different direction. The first movie was like a beautiful retelling of the first six episodes, but 2.22 is WAY different; the same events are (sorta) happening, but in a much different way.