Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 12:03 pm

I've been hearing good things about Dr Who for a rather long time now, and I've been increasingly tempted to get into the series. But last time I checked there were books, radio shows, tv shows, old Drs and new ones, and god knows what else :lol: The prospect of going through all of it is rather daunting, so I must ask, where should a Dr Who noob like me start from? And where should I go from there? Thanks

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jul 2013, 12:18 pm

Start with episodes featuring Tom Baker for some of the best of the older episodes, or start the 2005 reboot with Christopher Eccleston and series 1.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 7:20 pm

I started with Matt Smith in Season(Series) 7 and was just fine. The older episodes are a lot of times harder to get so I would start with the latest reincarnations. Do we know who the new Doctor is yet?

alwaystomorrow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jul 2013, 6:12 am

I'm with Cilantro.

I wish I'd started with the old episodes, because now that I've seen the newer ones, I find it really hard to go back to the lower tech of the original Doctor Who episodes ... so, yes. Tom Baker onwards. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 5:12 pm

I started with the David Tennant episodes. Those are still my favorites to this day. He is "my" Doctor, for sure. :D