who do you choose?
Harry Potter 95%  95%  [ 95 ]
Twilight 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 100

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 7:29 am

i was on the internet recently and there was this thing where they actually said twilight was better. i thought i should ask my friends here at WP for their opinions. well, what are your opinions?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 8:18 am

Quote:
i was on the internet recently and there was this thing where they actually said twilight was better.

What website was that on, brainlessidiots.com?

Harry Potter is awesome, whereas my urine is better than Twilight.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2010, 10:05 am

I don't like either but I know that I'd rather spend my money watching wizard magic as opposed to a bunch of fruity teenage vampires who sparkle.

Teenage girls I tell you. I dare say they are the most spineless and easiest to market to, second only to prepubescent children. My opinion of course.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 10:29 am

I prefer Twilight because I am stupid brainless idiot :evil:

No actually it is because I didn't care for the books of Harry Potter and I was mentally ill when it first came out so I ignored it just like every other thing that was going on around me. Can't be bothered to watch it now really. I'd rather watch old stuff...

Actually I like Twilight because it's got an interesting storyline and I liked the books. I do have a brain, but it's full of ADD so any book that can keep my attention for more than a minute must be good!

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 10:30 am

I hate Harry Potter, his red headed friend, the main villain, and that endlessly annoying Snape.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 10:34 am

Dalton_Man321 wrote:
Teenage girls I tell you. I dare say they are the most spineless and easiest to market to, second only to prepubescent children. My opinion of course.

They are indeed easy to market to. You can pretty much sell them anything.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2010, 11:29 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Dalton_Man321 wrote:

Slapping the name of a famous celebrity on it usually does the trick. ;)

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 11:51 am

How DARE they even compare the two. Harry Potter of course!! !

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 11:54 am

Dalton_Man321 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Dalton_Man321 wrote:

Slapping the name of a famous celebrity on it usually does the trick. ;)

Actually, I'm in the business of selling things at the moment and may very well do that :P

I'll pick a dead one, though, because they won't be able to sue me then ;)

Bleu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Dec 2010, 12:08 pm

Potter for me, I can't stand Twilight.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 12:09 pm

Overall Harry wins, but I preferred reading the Twilight Books than watching the film .

I confess that I do have a thing for Edward whats his face vampire. I like vampires in general. Mmmmm Yummy yum yum yum. :oops:

Arman_Khodaei
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2010, 9:52 pm

I'm a guy, and I've read both of them (ex wanted me to read Twilight). Overall, Harry Potter is better, but to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of either one.

I have a daily blog that discusses my experiences on the autism spectrum, and a daily YouTube series to compliment it. Please check them out. I also have a podcast that is updated weekly including an Al

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2010, 11:32 pm

Harry Potter. I hate Twilight (and so does Stephen King).

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 11:33 pm

What the hell is this? This is BS. Twilight is nowhere near the same level as Harry Potter. And I have actually read the first Twilight book. Not that I am a major fan of Harry Potter, but seriously, they're poles apart in terms of quality.

On sabbatical...

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 9:46 am

Dalton_Man321 wrote:
I don't like either but I know that I'd rather spend my money watching wizard magic as opposed to a bunch of fruity teenage vampires who sparkle.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2010, 6:18 am

I think that question is better posed to the 'suits' in the studio offices, not the fans.

Obviously they are two separate stories, two stories who have nothing to do with each other and can't rationally be compared.

A better question:

"Which studio can get people to put more money into HP or Twilight?"

As for the storyline... I know several other series that blow both out of the water. G-forbid any studio ever gets their grubby little hands on any of them!