Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 1:01 pm

Abed from Community or Max from Parenthood?

Discuss.

Personally, I think Max was misdiagnosed. Abed is more aspergian and how I'd like to be more in some ways.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 2:35 pm

Well first of all Parenthood is a piece of s**t so even Max did have Aspergers it doesn't matter as the show writers have no idea what Aspergers is or how to make a good show anyways. Second is Ahbed was never diagnosed in the show so we can't conclude he has Aspergers, the most that has happened was that they brought it up as him possibly having it. Do I believe Ahbed has Aspergers? Hell yes. But you are writing the question likes it confirmed. 3, these are Television shows, why does it matter?

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 10:40 pm

rigid much?

I don't recall ever stating unequivocally that Abed was ever dx'ed. It was suggested in the pilot and thus latched onto by aspies. He seems to fit the bill so I'm running with it.

don't snide the snider. You'll get snided.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

brandonb1312
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2015, 2:24 pm

So I know this thread has not been active since 2011 but I like the idea so I will attempt to revive it.

I think they are both accurate aspies. Max is more of the traditional "little professor" sterotype, and abed is kinda the professor expect that his obsessions are not sterotypical at all. It is like he is a professor of pop culture which I find refreshing. I suppose they both would have moderate to severe aspergers but it affects them both very differently. Abed's obsession with pop culture has made it to where he can interact with people in his own way, and the neurotypicals find it charming, where as opposed to max where people just find it weird or rude. I don't think either are any more aspergian than the other, I think it has just affected them in different ways.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)