Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2015, 3:19 pm

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Does the heroine, Rey, have any flaws? And I'm not just talking about her adeptness in mechanics, fencing, and the Force: I believe that she was trained in it before. I mean honest to goodness flaws, i.e, cowardice, selfishness, delusion.

I just say this because flawless characters bore me. We can all aspire to be brave, kind, good at fighting, but the flaws we pick up account for 70% of our individuality. Rey has some personality, the spunky, emotionally strong scavenger, but she'd be more interesting if there was something to look inward at and think about, contemplate, correct, and overcome.

The only "flaw" she has is not wanting to get caught up in the Resistance, and really, who can blame her?

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2015, 4:07 pm

Sadly for the most part I have to agree, she seems to have next to no flaws at all. She's the stereotypical Mary Sue. The only thing I can think of is possibly having a temper which could lead to the Dark Side but of course we know that's not going to happen at least not permanently.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2015, 6:59 pm

She does have that Wesley Crusher feel to her.