Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 9:37 pm

I've never been the biggest Star Wars fan and so I was reluctant to start watching The Mandalorian with my flatmate. But... I got hooked. This show is like a space Western. And for a guy whose face you never see, you really start to hope things go well for him.

The Mandalorian is on Disney+. I'm interested in what other people think about this show - good or bad.

The main theme music is an absolute ear worm.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 6:38 am

Seriously, has no one watched The Mandalorian?

I watched the eighth (and last) episode today. A few surprises and questions answered. I'm sad because season two won't air until late next year.

I'm sure most people are aware of "baby Yoda", I've seen pictures of him on Facebook even. He's pretty cute and also powerful.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 12:46 pm

renaeden wrote:

I watched the eighth (and last) episode today. A few surprises and questions answered. I'm sad because season two won't air until late next year.

I'm sure most people are aware of "baby Yoda", I've seen pictures of him on Facebook even. He's pretty cute and also powerful.

I've been following it, too. It's pretty interesting. I like how Moff Gideon has the Darksaber at the end, and IG-11's self-sacrifice was pretty endearing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 6:57 pm

I don't have Disney Plus, but my family and I have been watching it at a friend's place, who has the streaming service. First rate show that fits perfectly in the time after Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 7:53 pm

I think it's pretty good, my boyfriend and I only have 2 more episodes to go.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 7:57 pm

renaeden wrote:

Initially I thought it was actually going to be Yoda as a baby kind of confused me because I didn't think the mandalorians came before Yoda, so I was concerned about that. But turns out there's just not a name for what Yoda is, so what else can you call that character don't think it's even been indicated what 'baby yodas' name is.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 4:59 am

You're in for a treat, the last two episodes are good.

I thought the Mandalorian would stick with his newfound friends but he didn't. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 1:02 am

I don't have Disney+, but managed to find a source and binged the first seven episodes, but the 8th has been a bit difficult to find.

The character reminds me of the main character in an anime I have seen called Goblin Slayer. Said main character being a man of few words who always wears a helmet, mostly known by his title, affected by childhood trauma that makes him hate something in particular, works with a guild mostly for his own ends , and a very single minded hunter who takes in/saves someone weak that has powers like healing.

One of the first things I was shocked about was that the first episodes made Life Day canon, something from the hated Star Wars Holiday special.