Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 2:59 pm

I've seen recently that the Minecraft movie is going to be a dumpster fire. I check the news and the damage control PR makes the statement "This movie wasn't meant to be made for you."

I am sick of this excuse trying to defend what is often clearly diarrhea on film. It's gotten so old at this point. Nobody admits they made something terrible anymore because people in Hollywood love the smell of their own sharts.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 3:05 pm

What they say: This wasn't made for you.
What they mean: This wasn't made for anyone, really.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2024, 9:02 pm

I watched the preview, and I see that Emma Myers is in the upcoming film. I only mention this because I just finished watching A Good Girl's Guide to Murder yesterday, or the day before. She is the lead character in the series.
The images look interesting. It occurred to me they could make other genres of film in the Minecraft world. Murder mystery thrillers. Horror, maybe featuring zombies, creepers, or the dreaded Enderman.
Lord of the Flies
Animal Farm

I'm not saying they are good ideas.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2024, 9:07 pm

pcgoblin wrote:

I watched the preview, and I see that Emma Myers is in the upcoming film. I only mention this because I just finished watching A Good Girl's Guide to Murder yesterday, or the day before. She is the lead character in the series.
The images look interesting. It occurred to me they could make other genres of film in the Minecraft world. Murder mystery thrillers. Horror, maybe featuring zombies, creepers, or the dreaded Enderman.
Lord of the Flies
Animal Farm

I'm not saying they are good ideas.

Minecraft Story Mode is a lot better.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.