Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2007, 9:56 am

I have to visit SSI this morning, amid the freezing rain and black ice forming here in lovely Ohio, and I am a nervous wreck. I shall travel at the speed of my great-grandmother, to the annoyance of my drivers following me, and try to stay safe and collision-free...Any advice on driving in this weather? I white-knuckle, but I have to be there for my daughter's appointment.....Peace.....

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Dec 2007, 10:01 am

I feel for you, be careful.

I hate driving in bad weather. I'd sooner take public transportation. That stuff is coming our way this aftertoon.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2007, 10:03 am

We are gonna get hit with a major snowstrom, and for you in the NY area, it's gonna get rough...you be careful, too!:)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 10:49 am

We had some serious ice on Tuesday, and it's supposed to snow here on Saturday.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2007, 12:28 pm

Winter has arrived...and that wicked weather in the Mid-west is heading eastward. Here in central New York, it is beginning to look like a blizzard outside at noontime. Many schools are letting the kids out early for the day.

If you cannot telephone and re-schedule your appointment, simply drive slow and carefully on snow covered, icy roads...even if
you are late arriving for your appointment. It is better than ending up in a traffic accident and needing to go to the Emergency Room instead.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2007, 1:50 pm

Well, it took me longer than I expected, I had to ask directions from a pedestrian on directions getting there, but no-one got hurt, nothing got broken..a very good start to the morning!:) MY daughter was approved for SSI, and I am so grateful! Now, we work on guardianship, medicaid, trust fund, etc... Everyone please be safe outside, have a happy holiday!