Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 4:16 pm

Damn, that was one hell of a season premier.

Anyone watching? What do you think so far?

chrmitchell
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Sep 2008, 5:45 pm

The premiere was really good, especially with everybody getting out of the prison. For some reason, future Peter shooting Nathan seemed dumber than the other time travelling stuff so far. I'm interested in what the power of the guy Noah passed over is.

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2008, 5:54 pm

I agree with the Future Peter shooting thing was rather lame. I mean its common sense (ok not quite but close) that you dont want to mess with a timeline.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Sep 2008, 11:18 pm

that writer's strike really broke the momentum :(

The former things have passed away."

chrmitchell
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2008, 6:32 pm

Fayed wrote:
I mean its common sense (ok not quite but close) that you dont want to mess with a timeline.

I did like how Hiro met his hero in the past and found out he was an enemy though.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 12:39 am

Hiro is the only thing that's bothering me so far. He's just being such a dumbass. He's one of my favorite characters, so I don't like seeing him continue to be so stupid. XD I know he's always been stubborn and headstrong, though, so some of it does fit his character to a certain extent.

Mohinder's all weirded out now...what was that stuff growing out of his back? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Really, so far it's just been one "Holy crap!" moment after another. XD Which IMO is good, because it's what I like about the show.

blackmetal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2008, 4:42 pm

what happened to that nikky?

Botti
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2008, 4:58 pm

blackmetal wrote:
what happened to that nikky?

Dead and replaced. One of many Nikkis

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 7:40 pm

Jeez, I wonder if that's gonna happen anytime they decide to kill her off. "Oh, it turns out there were four of them!"

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 5:16 am

I knew Mohinder's idea of giveing anyone powers was a bad idea, that looks like what one of the causes of the bad future is as Hiro was fighting Ando who apparently killed Hiro with some power. My first thought of Mohinder with powers was like Beast from Xmen, but it looks like whatever he did it increased the hormones in his body. Also I just had a theory that Sylar and Peter may be twins, I think that there were some clues such as Peter wearing the cap looked just like Sylar did earler in the series, and a thought struck me that Sylar had very simular hair, I actualy thought it was Peter when appeared near Claire. Also they seem to have opposite abilities. Another interesting thing is that more people are being found with the same power, like the African guy had the same powers as Isac and the Nicky look alike had the same power of what was seen by a power Sylar had taken in the begining of Heroes.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 4:56 pm

Well, Volume III is over...Vol. IV is in february. Let's hope it's better.

I do think that after that "flashback" episode it got better...I liked the stuff with the eclypse even though it didn't make much sense. And the finale was pretty good, or at least not as ret*d as some stuff. After Sylar goes crazy again, it gets better.

"Hmm, it does tingle." Hahah. XD

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 5:28 pm

I started watching III but kind of lost track, missed a few episodes and now with no TiVo I don't even bother. Lets just say seasons I and II were great, by season III you can tell that its going off the rail and starting to get rather bad; acting, plot lines, everything.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 12:14 am

Veresae wrote:
Well, Volume III is over...Vol. IV is in february. Let's hope it's better.

I do think that after that "flashback" episode it got better...I liked the stuff with the eclypse even though it didn't make much sense. And the finale was pretty good, or at least not as ret*d as some stuff. After Sylar goes crazy again, it gets better.

"Hmm, it does tingle." Hahah. XD

The eclipse lasted 90 minutes, was visibile from California to New York and depowered Heroes "all around the world" including those NOT in the area of the eclipse (never mind that the premiere had a eclipse visible from New York to Japan, at least the writing around it was good.

And now Chapter IV has a senator instigating a mass arrest of those with powers. "Heroes" officially can't rip off X-Men any harder if it tried.

Well, at least Bryan Fuller is officially coming back.

Also, what happened to Peter's poorly acted, fake Irish girlfriend? Are we supposed to believe he actual forgot her in a now no longer existent plague ridden future?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 4:26 pm

DocStrange wrote:
Also, what happened to Peter's poorly acted, fake Irish girlfriend? Are we supposed to believe he actual forgot her in a now no longer existent plague ridden future?

Actually, Tim Krieg pretty much said, "She's never coming back and we're never going to talk about her again." Nobody will remember her.

I love the show but it is ret*d.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 8:46 pm

Volume Four: Fugitives.

CAN ANYONE SAY.........CAMPY?

It's the first season all over again. sorta.

But helllllo, It's like X-men only dumber.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 1:22 pm

Veresae wrote:
Actually, Tim Krieg pretty much said, "She's never coming back and we're never going to talk about her again." Nobody will remember her.

I love the show but it is ret*d.

Me and a few other regular "AV Club" posters were very pleased when they got rid of her. One poster compared her to Johnathan Rhys-Davies' character's death on "Sliders" who was shot while on an alternate Earth about to be destroyed by a pulsar AND also had a terminal disease. Which, like Caitlin being deported in an alternate future that no longer exists, screams "you will never see this character again, we promise". (It also made me remember how terrible "Sliders" was).