Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2007, 2:35 pm

Hi. Welcome to wrong planet for you and your daughter. I have Asperger's as well and know a six year old aspie named Luke. Its good to see younger diagnosis, I was 13 when I was diagnosed.

missa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2007, 3:57 pm

militarybrat wrote:
Hi. Welcome to wrong planet for you and your daughter. I have Asperger's as well and know a six year old aspie named Luke. Its good to see younger diagnosis, I was 13 when I was diagnosed.

Hi there! Thanks for the reply! I am incredibly grateful for her Dx coming at such a young age. I was never officially diagnosed, but instead was labeled as a problem child, even though I tested as very bright. It was very frustrating for me! Kalli is a bit young to really understand what having AS means, but she has already embraced that she is, as she puts it "different", and I can only hope that she will continue to embrace her AS!

Good to meet you!

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2007, 8:24 pm

I'm sure she will, she'll have a lot of time to mold her ideas on AS and understand it, so she probably will not face any of the shock common with later dx. Younger children seem to embrace things surprisingly easily, which is good. Luke describes his AS as havind an "A Brain" which is quite cute. I get the problem child label you were stuck with, I've been there, once when I was a kid a superintendant went as far as to call me a demon child from hell.

missa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Nov 2007, 1:59 pm

militarybrat wrote:
I'm sure she will, she'll have a lot of time to mold her ideas on AS and understand it, so she probably will not face any of the shock common with later dx. Younger children seem to embrace things surprisingly easily, which is good. Luke describes his AS as havind an "A Brain" which is quite cute. I get the problem child label you were stuck with, I've been there, once when I was a kid a superintendant went as far as to call me a demon child from hell.

Demon child from hell? Ouch! That is just horrible! Although I certainly know where you're coming from on that one. From kindergarten all the way through high school every single teacher told my parents how horrible and out of control I was. One High School Prinicipal went so far as to tell my parents that it would be better if I just dropped out!

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2007, 10:35 pm

Yeah it was pretty intense. I was lucky with teachers though as my intellegence seemed to win them over. I'm guessing things will be better for your daughter.