Page 25 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 360  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 12:57 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Hobbies and Interests: music, music, music, music, art, music, reading, music, psychology, music, music, philosophy, music, music, music, numbers and patterns, music, the gaining of knowledge, music, and music.

Lol, I like your attitude :wink:

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 10:24 am

Gee Rachel, let me guess, you kinda like music? :P

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 2:24 am

PhoenixKitten wrote:
Gee Rachel, let me guess, you kinda like music? :P

Whatever gave you that idea? :D

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 6:44 am

Yay hi Rachel :D *waves* I was wondering what your username was ...

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 11:56 pm

Hi Lottie. :)
I decided not to go with one of my Rachel, Rachel TheClarinetist or other-music related things here.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 4:14 am

Gah, I've only just stumbled onto this thread even though I've been registered for some time.

Here's my Q n A

What is your first name? Matthew

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, Filmmaking, Conspiracies, Comedy

Why are you here? I am obsessed

When were you diagnosed? 2005

Favorite subjects: FILMMAKING! DUH!

Year/Grade: Final Year of Engineering Degree

Favorite music: Prog Rock, but I’m open to anything decent

Books: I read a lot of non-fiction of late, but also like Assimov, Clarke, Heller etc

TV shows/Movies: Mythbusters, Lost and The Simpsons. That’s about all I bother to watch.

Instrument: Former semi-professional musician, drums, guitar and vocals

Do you like sports? Mainly Rugby League

Family: Live with my grandmother, have brother, mum and dad.

Clothing: Yes, no longer a nudist.

How did you find this website? It found me.

Job: I am a self-employed filmmaker as of this time

RettDevil
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2005, 11:17 pm

What is your first name? Arianna

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, neurology, reading.

Why are you here? Friend sent me? or are you asking my diagnosis? if so...shadow Rett (MECP2 verified) and hyperlexia

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 4, again at 16

Favorite subjects: not in school

Year/Grade: NA

Favorite music: The kind with notes.

Books: H2G2

TV shows/Movies: Anime.

Instrument: um. Im not that coordinated.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: heh. not that coordinated either.

Family: No longer an issue

Clothing: the easy soft kind.

How did you find this website? *looks in vague direction of a certain friend* its her fault.

Job: Kids. working with.

Plans for the future? theres things I need to figure out and reevaluate first. let me get back to you.

Any comments? um. Im nervous. heh. hi.

Last edited by RettDevil on 26 Oct 2005, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 8:31 am

What is your first name? Amy

Hobbies and Interests: Music, cars, car audio, medical stuff/psychology

Why are you here? Self-dx AS/ADHD/OCD

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): (self dx) 2002

Favorite subjects: Not in school anymore, but my favorites were music, physics, math

Year/Grade: done

Favorite music: Rock/metal, rap/hip hop, drum & bass/jungle

TV shows/Movies: TV - Mr. Bean, Keeping Up Appearances, Red Green, Royal Canadian Air Farce, Movies - The Fast and the Furious 1&2, Bean: The Ultimate Disaster Movie, probably others but that's all I can think of now.

Instrument: I played Tenor Sax in high school and loved it but I haven't played it since then (11 years ago).

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: none

Family: Dad, Mom, NT sister who's 5 years younger than me, husband, cat, just one fish left that killed all the other fish

Clothing: Up to date casual, no particular brands really

How did you find this website? I think someone mentioned it on Aspie Hangout

Job: 24-40 hours/week in a group home taking care of mentally (and some physically) challenged adults.

Plans for the future? Hmmm, I love my house, my husband, my job... possibly add a kid sometime soon.

Lost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2005, 1:09 am

What is your first name? Andrew

Hobbies and Interests: Cars, computers, music, technology

Why are you here? Another step in my trip of self-discovery

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):Not diagnosed

Favorite subjects: Pure maths (algebra etc), chemistry

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Mainly Industrial, EBM, Dark Trance / Ambient

Books: Sci-Fi, thriller or horror

TV shows/Movies: Same preferance as my books!

Instrument: Keyboard - piano, synth etc

Do you like sports? No. I tolerate tennis and enjoy bike riding as transport

Family: A Mum, Dad and brother. Dad's definately NT, Mum's possibly AS and my Brother possibly has AS as well.

Clothing: Mostly casual. I don't like anything that is too fancy or trendy. As long as I fit in I'm content.

How did you find this website? Found it while surfing the Internet for AS related sites.

Job: On my second job. I've been lucky with employment so far.

Plans for the future? Sadly lacking. I have very little ambition.

Any comments? I've spent most of my life wondering why I don't quite fit in anywhere while not caring much about social interaction. Needless to say, I have caused myself a lot of pain by trying to be something I'm beginning to find I might never be. So now I'm making adjustments to my life to benefit me instead of society.

Renagade
Toucan
Toucan

25 Oct 2005, 8:31 am

What is your first name? renegade

Hobbies and Interests: kung fu, ninjas

Favorite music: classical

TV shows/Movies: spider-man

Do you like sports? kendo

Clothing: Mask, Armor, Cape-Glider

Job: Unemployed by day Crimefighting Super hero by night

Plans for the future? Clean up my city

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 3:19 pm

Edit: gone

Last edited by Namiko on 26 Nov 2005, 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 4:06 pm

What is your first name?: Emily

Hobbies and Interests: Abnormal Psychology, Biopsychology, Neuropsychology, Neuroscience, art, poetry, paleoanthropology, collecting books and just about anything else I deem a "collectible". Also, organizing.

Why are you here?: I like it! :D

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Unofficially diagnosed this last July. Still not totally officially diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: Psychology, Art, and Poetry

Year/Grade: one credit hour away from Junior standing

Favorite music: Frank Sinatra, classical, Golden Oldies, 60s, 70s, some 80s, and alternative.

Books: Oliver Sacks books, Psych books (of course), Poe, and modern poetry books, as well as some older classic literature like Kafka and Dostoevsky.

TV shows/Movies: TV: X-Files, Brit Coms, Nickelodeon cartoons, Animal Planet, as well as random documentaries. Movies: Musicals, old movies in general, Harry Potter, Shine, Shadowlands, Surviving Picasso, Quills, Edward Scissorhands, and The Omen series.

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? Yes, though I don't play much anymore. I liked softball and basketball and loved racquetball.

Family: Basically just my mother. The rest of the family that's alive I don't really have any contact with.

Clothing: T-shirts, jeans or khakis, Birkenstocks or sometimes tennis shoes, and a jacket of some sort.

How did you find this website?: I went looking for Ooops Wrong Planet and found this. :D

Job: SSI

Plans for the future?: Finish undergrad in Psych, go to WashU for grad school, and then do psych research.

Any comments?: Vive la WP! :D :D :D

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 4:18 pm

I copied most of my answers from the original thread, but I've changed a few of them...

Name: Rebecca

Hobbies/Interests: Harry Potter, ballet, movies, Broadway musicals, history, and AS

Why are you here: I have AS

When were you diagnosed: October, 2003

Favourite subjects: English, Social Sciences, and Foreign Languages (but I am not taking any at the moment)

Year/Grade: Freshman in College

Music: my taste is quite eclectic, musicals, classic rock, The Town Pants (a small Canadian band that plays Celtic rock music), anything that you can dance to, anything except for country western

Books: a lot of different ones, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging etc.), The DaVinci Code (quite an AS sort of book), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (extremely AS), and HARRY POTTER (obviously)

TV Shows: South Park, The Daily Show, and the Iron Chef

Movies: so many, Billy Elliot, Four Weddings and a Funeral, The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars (the older ones), Indiana Jones, The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Srtictly Ballroom, The Princess Bride, Rain Man, E.T. (the ONLY movie that has ever made me cry), anything Alfred Hitchcock, Harry Potter movies, It's a Wonderful Life (every Christmas), Love Actually, Copycat, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, ... this list could go on and on...

Instruments: none

Sports: none, will sometimes watch rugby or Aussie rules if it's on

Family: Mum, Dad, and me (I'm an only child). I have two dogs. One is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Quibbler, and the other is a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix named Quaffle. My aunt (mum's sister) and uncle live about half of a mile away from us and she has two daughters. My mum's side of the family live in Melbourne, Australia.

Clothing: casual and comfortable

How did you find this website: I don't remember, probably a link from another AS site

Job: I work at the ballet school my parents own (studied it for 13 years)

Plans for future: Still sort of figuring it out, but I think I am going to become a ballet historian.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 4:46 pm

Hobbies and Interests:Watercolor, Music,

Why are you here? the normal people are boring

When were you diagnosed?undiagnosed

Favorite subjects:Evolution and Religion

Year/Grade: College Dropout

Favorite music: Indie, folk, rock, etc radiohead, hotel lights, pinkfloyd

Books: Steinbeck, Hemmingway, Tolstoy

TV shows/Movies: the office, lots of good movies

Instrument:Guitar and various others

Do you like sports? Tennis or racquetball, haven't played in a while
Bowling, Golf

Family:single

Clothing:casual and comfortable

How did you find this website?link

Job: I'll get one, stop bugging me!

Plans for the future? master watercolor, meet a girl,
live happily ever after

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 5:18 pm

What is your first name? Ben

Location: NE Florida...I choose not to specify because I wouldn't be hard to find.

Hobbies and Interests:Singing, piano (sort of teaching myself), listening ot music, WP, computers, making/writing music (soon), food, tuba (not in band anymore, but want to pick it up again), writing (mostly poetry), trying to form a band, observing and better understanding the way society works (figuring out people), and other stuff.

Why are you here? Becuase of the potential learning and the chance to share experiences and better undersdtand myself. And meeting intelluctuals, because I'm lacking in enjoyable smart friends.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
LFA - 1991-92 (not sure)...later undx'd
ADHD, Hypersensitivty (no one's sure what that means), OCD - 1994-95
Tourette's Syndrome - 2002-03 (not sure)...side effect of ADHD medication
Asperger's Syndrome - 2001 (maybe later, not sure)

Favorite subjects: Anything music related, and Algebra is easy. If I were capable of learning a new language, I would.

Year/Grade: Senior (12th grade).

Favorite music: Umm...lots. Current favorite bands are Nightwish, Depeche Mode, Cake and Styx.

Books: Animal Farm. I don't like most books, but I found this one enjoyable.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV often. For movies, I like most Jim Carrey ones.

Instrument: I know tuba and baritone, and am kind of teaching myself piano. All I currently own is an electric piano.

Do you like sports?Bowling and basketball.

Family: Stepdad and mom, and annoying little brother.

Clothing: Jean shorts and t-shirt almost year round.

How did you find this website? The power of Google.

Job: Currently a bagger, changing job soon.

Plans for the future? Music career.

Any comments? I'm Christian, and a little bothered there's no question fo religous belief.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 6:13 pm

What is your first name? Matt

Location: When I am home from college, I live in St. Louis, Missouri, in the Midwestern region of the United States of America. I go to a small state university in rural Missouri.

Hobbies and Interests: Asperger's syndrome, personality psychology, abnormal psychology, writing introspective poetry, writing absurd stories and satire, geography, politics, moral philosophy, the French language, linguistics, Web design and development, riding my bike, running, swimming

Why are you here? I would like to discuss life with other people who have Asperger's syndrome and socialize.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I received my formal diagnosis through the school district as a senior in high school when I was 18 years old. That was the December of 2002.

Favorite subjects: See Hobbies and Interests.

Year/Grade: By credit hours, I will be a senior as an undergraduate in college next semester. This is my third year of college, though. I am majoring in computer science and minoring in French.

Favorite music: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Incubus, Radiohead, etc.

Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Les Misérables, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Beyond Good and Evil

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch very much television anymore. I used to like The Simpsons, certain segments of some late-night comedy shows, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and documentaries on the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, and National Geographic. Movies I like include A Beautiful Mind, Fight Club, Batman Begins, Gladiator, etc.

Instrument: I had to play the recorder (German, soprano) from fourth through seventh grades.

Do you like sports? I'm not the best at any sports, but I enjoy playing them anyway. I usually get pretty bored watching sports; apparently, many people enjoy watching sports because they feel a community spirit.

Family: My mom and dad are divorced, and my mom is remarried. I have a brother who's in his second year of college and a sister who will be graduating from high school in June. I am in fairly close touch with my paternal grandparents. My maternal grandmother died of cancer several years ago; it was really hard to comprehend that I'd see her no more.

Clothing: I prefer to avoid wearing logos and turn myself into a walking advertisement. I like to wear t-shirts and blue jeans or khaki pants. I don't like dressing too formally.

How did you find this website? I honestly don't remember anymore. I've been here for quite some time now.

Job: I am unemployed/I want to have clients for a freelance Web design and development business.

Plans for the future? I'd like to either do freelance Web design and development or work for a Web design firm out of college. I'd like to have a nice income so that I can buy a car and have a place of my own to live. I'd like financial independence. I'd also like to meet a good woman and mutually fall in love.