The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 676 of 1007 [ 16106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679 ... 1007  Next

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 11:29 pm

cosmiccat wrote:
A 5K gift for Lau.

Surprise

Type in down, speak, fetch, chase, shake or whatever. Try stuff. He's pretty well trained. You might want to save Kiss for last.

cc, that is really cute.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 11:49 pm

morning_after wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
morning_after wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
lau wrote:
I stopped smoking, 2 1/2 years ago, by... stopping. I know that method doesn't work for most people. .

Once I realized that if I never physically picked up another cigarette again I would not smoke. All the angst and craving and beating my self against my withdrawal was not going to change that fact. Years of cocaine addiction had taught me cold turkey was the the only way I was gonna remember the pain and not pick it up again. I came off of alcohol cold turkey and have been off 23 years. I came off of Celexa cold turkey and I don't recommend that for anyone. I came off tobacco in 1997 the last time, I always smoked the Clove (and no self respecting smoker will associate with a Clove smoker) but I used the nicotine patch and had some wonderfully vivid dreams, reminding me of why I liked the effects of smoking nicotine in the first place.
so I used the patches for about a year, on and off, because I thought to myself, it's the SMOKE that is the problem, right? the gasses? the lung issues? so the gum and the patch helped me ween myself off of the ceremony and ritual of smoking.

Merle

I thought Celexa was perscription only. Why do you mention it?

because we were talking about cold turkey, and I came off of Celexa cold turkey.
why do you ask?

Merle

My psychiatrist has me taking Celexa to help me with my anxiety.

I was just wondering if you experienced side effects or something. And why you had to quit.

A crisis center gave me a double hand full of samples. I got a prescription from an emergency room doctor, cause they really seemed to help. I was then three months on it and I had no personal doctor, and I am on synthetic thyroid so I just asked various urgent care doctors for the prescriptions and finally one day, I could not stand the deadening of feelings and I just wanted to end my needless life. I ran out of meds and just didn't go scaring up a prescription for it again (I was living in a tent up the mountain on Bureau of Land Management forest lands anyway with no way down but hitchhiking) so I stopped it.
I don't recommend just stopping it like that

Merle

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 11:56 pm

I don't, either. It could be hazardous.

I don't think I've felt my feelings deadened. Just my anxiety.

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:06 am

I don't think I've posted anything like this in the cafe

This is for anybody that feels like they want a hug http://www.lifepositive.com/Mind/personal-growth/grfx/hug.jpg.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:06 am

morning_after wrote:

you are a 26 year old male
I am a 57 year old female past menopause

we just might have different body chemistry, dear.

Merle

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:11 am

sinsboldly wrote:
morning_after wrote:

Merle

And slightly different brain chemestry.

But from the way you carry yourself here, I would have thought you were much younger.

And your new avatar is cute. Where did you get it from?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:21 am

morning_after wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
morning_after wrote:

Merle

And slightly different brain chemestry.

But from the way you carry yourself here, I would have thought you were much younger.

And your new avatar is cute. Where did you get it from?

It's my old avatar from when I first started here, morning_after. I got it from my mom's baby book she made for me and scanned it. It isn't me, it was some ideal my mother had for me.

Some of the symptoms of our Asperger's Syndrome is just not "growing up. I didn't on a lot of levels. Other people (like yourself) pick up on it and I have rarely been taken seriously by even people my own age. After a while, I didn't take myself seriously either.

Merle

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:28 am

Well, you're still very nice.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:33 am

morning_after wrote:
Well, you're still very nice.

thank you, morning_after, you are very nice, too.

Merle

morning_after
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 12:36 am

Ok, a better hug post than the other one.

http://www.quotehug.com/

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 3:12 am

GAH!! :cry: It's sticky and won't go away. Make it go away, please. You guys is all older than dirt, I need advice on how to get unstucked. And don't think I've let you off the dirt list if you're under 40, I'm equal opportunity. Do you suppose plastering it everywhere I visit might not be a good idea? Naw, I'm thinking I can wear this song down in about 2 or 3 weeks.

If you have ever found yourself stuck to fly paper, duck tape, super glue, have ever eaten white paste, passed a chain letter, chain smoked, repeatedly look at a clock, drank more then one glass of water in a row, taken more then one aspirin, or ever been near a magnet, do not play this song. You are in the high risk group for Stickystuff (TM). If you have done all of these at once, I want to meet you in person.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1p9DRj9-ZPM[/youtube]
If you have found yourself stuck, because you did not heed my dire warning or I left a spectrum analysis something or other out, (which I highly doubt but am open to further warnings, because I'm easy) watch this video repeatedly with the music off. I also suggest starting the video and turning your monitor off. It is truly bad.

pinhead
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2008, 4:35 am

Hi im new to this site, and looked through most of it and thought it was for kids. Im 28 ~(so a little under the 40 bar but whos counting) and live in somerset i england. I saw loads of people came from all over, so i thouhght i would add that. I write for fun, have been for over 14 years, and my favorate thing is tea and fags followed by not much. Have been diagnosed for about 7 years, and have other chronic illness, so dont really do muych at present, but have never met anyone else with AS, have seen people who i think have it worse than me, but thats it. Ive always felt like a freak, like an old person inside a youngsters frame. I guess thats why ive put my mark here to say hi. Anyhow. Im not one for jokes but can chat about most things (other than home and away, which is shite, although anyone who wants to muse on the new Dr Who series would be good, it looks cool.!) anyhow.
Hi.
Bye.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 6:32 am

Quatermass is an avid Dr Who fan. I arranged to meet him last year and part of the way I could recognise him was to look out for a DR Who book that he would be carrying . He is close to your age.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 8:53 am

pinhead wrote:
Hi im new to this site, and looked through most of it and thought it was for kids. Im 28 ~(so a little under the 40 bar but whos counting) and live in somerset i england. I saw loads of people came from all over, so i thouhght i would add that. I write for fun, have been for over 14 years, and my favorate thing is tea and fags followed by not much. Have been diagnosed for about 7 years, and have other chronic illness, so dont really do muych at present, but have never met anyone else with AS, have seen people who i think have it worse than me, but thats it. Ive always felt like a freak, like an old person inside a youngsters frame. I guess thats why ive put my mark here to say hi. Anyhow. Im not one for jokes but can chat about most things (other than home and away, which is shite, although anyone who wants to muse on the new Dr Who series would be good, it looks cool.!) anyhow.
Hi.
Bye.

Oh boy, you are going to fit in here real good. And Lau is from Somerset. Yes, by all means, join our freak show. As for feeling like an old person inside a young person's frame, that will probably slowly, incrementally reverse and you will be young inside the old. As in the line from Dylan (Bob): "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

My Back Pages
Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
"We'll meet on edges, soon," said I
Proud 'neath heated brow.
Ah, but I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now.

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
"Rip down all hate," I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull. I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow.

Girls' faces formed the forward path
From phony jealousy
To memorizing politics
Of ancient history
Flung down by corpse evangelists
Unthought of, though, somehow.

A self-ordained professor's tongue
Too serious to fool
Spouted out that liberty
Is just equality in school
"Equality," I spoke the word
As if a wedding vow.

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach
My pathway led by confusion boats
Mutiny from stern to bow.

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8XFIXCyB2A&feature=related[/youtube]

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 11:39 am

Thanks, CC I love Dylan. Everytime I hear "Tangled up in Blues" I'm back driving thru Colorado past Pikes Peak, listening to it and just driving and crying.
Pinhead Hi, have you watched any "Torchwood" is it worth investing in the DVD Season 1?

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2008, 12:02 pm

reika wrote:
Thanks, CC I love Dylan. Everytime I hear "Tangled up in Blues" I'm back driving thru Colorado past Pikes Peak, listening to it and just driving and crying.
Pinhead Hi, have you watched any "Torchwood" is it worth investing in the DVD Season 1?

You're welcome. There seems to be a Dylan song for every time and every season and every purpose under heaven. :D