Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2006, 12:11 am

Hello,

I am a 39yo Aspie male from Australia. I have been posting on the OASIS forums for some time and came to WP via a link on another forum. I am hoping to meet more Aspie friends here. I greatly enjoy communicating with other like people (which excludes NT's). I do not know any other Aspies in real life and so, am dependant almost totally on the net for my interactions with others.

I am interested in reading (mainly sci-fi/fantasy), video games and general exercise. I work in a professional setting that does not involve a lot of contact with others - just as well because my communication skills are pretty lame.

I am not sure if there are other people here my own age or thereabouts? Are there?

Rob

sc
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 4:30 am

I speak mostly online, I have limited to no social contacts most of the time, excluding immediate family.

When you desire to speak to people with A.S only in so many words and not N.T's, you’re simply seeking like minded individuals or persons who experience differences somewhat similar to yourself. There is no such thing as N.T, simply because in totality the spectrum of people typologies are greatly diverse, so the terminological archetype is to highly generalized to be considered feasibly logical, beyond a group ideological psychosocial segregation, even beyond A.S.D related criterion.

To fit in, usually persons adapt to this social philosophy despite illogicality.

Welcome to the forum.

I am 25.

Nathan

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 9:17 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :D

I do most of my communicating online, as well. Especially within this Community. We have lots of Members who are around your age. I enjoy reading, as well.

I'm a 31 Year Old 60s' type Swinger.

Shelby

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2006, 10:14 am

We represent the Wrong Planet Guild,
The Wrong Planet Guild,
The Wrong Planet Guild,
And in the name of the Wrong Planet Guild,
We wish to welcome you to Wrong Planet! :D

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 4:51 pm

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet! I hope you enjoy posting here!

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2006, 7:35 pm

Thanx for the welcome guys!
:D :D :D :D

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 7:46 pm

You're welcome!

Rabbit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Mar 2006, 9:46 pm

Helo,

As far as people your age are concered, I am 40 but I turned 40 this month so I am almost your age. I sometimes read science fiction and sometimes write it. I actaully published some science fiction poems. I wish I could talk to other Aspies also, althoguth I am not sure how well I have been doing on line.

Over the years I have had a lot of bad relationships of all kinds with NT's. The one relationship that worked out was my marriage (there is something about me that people just ond't like)

To the person who said that there are no such thing as NTs I have couple of comments. 1. Look around you and you will see most people are not like us. 2. Based on my work in biochemistry I think it will be discovered that Asperger's is clear mendelian disorder (proably X-linked). That is to say I expect that some day they will be able to test for Aspergers the same way that they test for fragile X (a gene linked to certain more sever forms of Autism).