Page 4 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Happibun
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

" width="0" height="0" alt="User avatar" />

12 Jun 2006, 6:59 am

I've tried uploading my Avi from my pc but can only see a broken image link so far. Have I done something wrong? Image size 5.95kb and 130 x 130 pixels, so it should be ok. Does it need to be approved?

I’m a very, very noobie here, so please forgive me.

Also, I’m looking for something that will tell me what I need to enter to put something other than the most basic smiley in to my posts. I checked the FAQ but could not find anything about posting that seemed to fit. Sorry if this is too off topic. Is there anywhere for noobs to go to learn a bit more?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 7:02 am

Upload it to ImageShack (http://www.imageshack.us) and then paste the link into the 'Upload Avatar from a URL' text box.

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 11:11 am

My image is from a scan I made of an illustration from a packet of French Gauloises tobacco.

I diddled with it in Paintshop Pro to produce the borders and the embossing effect.

There will come a day in the UK when 'Tobacco Insignia and other offensive iconography' will become illegal, punishable by two years' imprisonment so enjoy while you can.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 9:20 pm

Mine is a picture of the last Standard Routemaster that was built. It also ran on Route #159. I can't let go! I just can't! Oh well, at least I get to choose my Obsessions. That has to count for having a little personal control over my Life, instead of spending 12 Hours a Day on the Internet as a outlet for personal control, like I used to.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 6:20 pm

right now mine is just one of the AVs provieded. i'm planing on changeing

ozkaz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2006, 8:35 pm

my girls picked this one for me. its an an anime person and i like it because it has one angel wing and one devil wing. i think religion is old superstions to control people but i love angels devils and vampires and all that gothic stuff.

klassobanieras
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2006, 11:17 am

Mine is the ramen chef from the videogame "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!"
In the picture, he's expressing his resolve to turn things around for his failing restaurant.

Happibun
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

" width="0" height="0" alt="User avatar" />

14 Jun 2006, 5:16 pm

That's better, thank you Tequila :-)

Mine's a Bassett with a joke knife. It has been my companion on other sites, and I was missing having it here too.

There really is no mystery with the Avi. When I set up my Stumble Upon account I needed to find a picture in a hurry. I did not have much on the machine I was using (the HD had just been replaced), and so I was very limited for choice. A friend of mine had just sent me some silly dog pictures via email and I decided that the bassett would do very well because I liked his deadpan expression. The knife also seemed quite apt as it suited the frame of mind that I was in at the time, and it was in the original photo. All I've done with the image is cut out the background and add a shadow.

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2006, 8:16 pm

Shelob wrote:
I made my avatar using the "Candybar Dollmaker" at elouai.com. I intended it to resemble me, but I'm afraid all of the dolls you can make are too pretty. :lol:

Yep, mine's from that site too. I do have brown hair...and wear it in two buns like that, and wear blazers. I also am constantly surrounded by glitter, but that's where the resemblance ends. :)

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2006, 2:38 pm

My AV is now a tiny white box with a little red X inside :D

SidebarGeek4life
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2006, 3:05 pm

My avatar explains me, It's what I do :D
It's one of my hobbies, i'm a computer geek :oops:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 1:20 am

My new one?

Don't you know I've got keys by the threes when I chirp shorty chirps back loaded napsack where I'm keepin all the work at - What you know about that? Yeah I know all about that. Rollin 44's down low where the cheese at......lol, do I even need to go on?

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 2:44 pm

My current one is an Icthus, because I love fish, and I think it suits me. I had a ton of avatars at NP, including a spining shark, a psuedosphere, sharks teeth(several of them) a spiral, a barracuda (back when this was my NP username), and a couple dozen others.
i've probably spend a couple hours total looking for avatars.

Also, If anyone could find me a 50x50 or 75x75 image of a shark's tooth, I would be greatly indebted to them.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 4:36 pm

my avy is just xemnas main villion of kingdom hearts 2 i did not make it i found it in photobucket :P
i've got 7 more with him in it.

seph: she's obsessed.
am not
seph: suuuuure.

ethamin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jun 2006, 6:12 am

Veresae wrote:
Mine's some concept art for the Mad Hatter for the wonderful old game "American McGee's Alice."

Ow! I thought it belonged to the pop group Queen. It does look a bit like Freddie Mercury.

ethamin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jun 2006, 3:29 pm

By the way, my avatar is a computer screen from the series Star Trek. Data just flows by, unstoppable, making you completly....pfffff :?