Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Nocturax
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2006, 10:46 pm

Hello everyone, I'm 20, living in Norway.
My psychologist told me about asperger a few months ago as she believe I have it.
So I started researching about it online, and recognized my self in it immediately. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
That was a few months ago, and I'm still not diagnosed with it as I'm not telling my psychologist that I know all this. (I have a good reason not to.)
I'm not really sure why I'm posting here, but maybe some of you can give me a good reason to. (Maybe I want someone to talk to.)
It's not that I'm very lonely, at least I think I'm not. I've found that being around people most is just a hassle.
I don't think I should say anything else, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone in here of all places... So please feel free to ask me questions.
Actually, please do ask me a lot of questions! I might just answer them... probably.
Now I'm starting to wonder if I said too much, or too little, or if I forgot to say something.
I wiped out what I first was going to post as it became too much for a first post i think.
Right now I'm not even sure if I should post or not, but I'm just gonna click 'Submit' and worry about what happens later. :roll:

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Aug 2006, 10:50 pm

Welcome Nocturax! How do you like Norway? 8)

Nocturax
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2006, 10:55 pm

Ahh, that was a fast reply. :)
I hate Norway. It's boring and cold.
There are alot of reasons to live in Norway, like it's so peaceful and safe, and good medical care and bla bla, but I'd rather live somewhere else. I have a few other reasons not to like it as well, but there's no point in posting them unless someone is interested.
Uh.. ok.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 1:29 am

Nocturax wrote:
I don't want to get off on the wrong foot ...
Now I'm starting to wonder if I said too much, or too little, or...

Welcome to WrongPlanet,
and don't worry, you have to try seriously hard to get it that wrong here* and in any case provided you respond gently to anyone whose toes you have stepped on, no mistake, blooper or misunderstanding is fatal... or even seriously disastrous.

*Continually hammering away at the same topic while paying no attention to anyone else might do it, for example, or out and out-rudeness never apologised for, but it's not easy.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 1:36 am

Nocturax wrote:
Norway... it's so peaceful and safe.

With wonderful synchronicity, I had on another window of my computer the BBC news site, and the headline "Norway fears giant crab invasion"

But apparently it's only monster Russian crabs in the water. And the answer seems to be that we should eat them, if you're into shellfish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4775155.stm

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 4:10 am

Hi, I'm Mark. Relax, take it easy. It's going to be okay. :)

- Emerson

Nocturax
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2006, 4:38 am

Emettman wrote:
Nocturax wrote:
Norway... it's so peaceful and safe.

With wonderful synchronicity, I had on another window of my computer the BBC news site, and the headline "Norway fears giant crab invasion"

But apparently it's only monster Russian crabs in the water. And the answer seems to be that we should eat them, if you're into shellfish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4775155.stm

Haha, yeah the worst thing that can happen here is a crab invasion... I haven't even heard of it.
Anyway, I don't eat sea creatures other than some fish. I don't actually like the fish, I just heard it's rich on things that are good for your brains. (Omega 3, aka fish oil) I rarely eat it anyway.

MrMark wrote:
Hi, I'm Mark. Relax, take it easy. It's going to be okay. :)

Hi Mark, nice to meet you. Thanks for the advice, but relaxing isn't my thing. :wink:

Thanks for the replys everyone.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 8:04 am

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 9:41 am

Hi, welcome to Wrong Planet. My name is Emily. Although some people like to call me Captain. A few months ago, I was obsessed with drill sergeants and I ended up calling my BFF horrible names like "maggot." How is your life at Norway? Is it cold up there?

TheGhostWhisperer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Aug 2006, 9:50 am

:) hi welcome to wrongplanet i hope you enjoy it like i do

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 12:33 pm

Welcome

Don't worry about it, Everything will be ok with afterwards and you will finally get to understand yourself a lot better than you did before. All you need to do is ask everybody on this forum and I am sure they will be able to help out.

Nocturax
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2006, 3:59 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
Hi!
Welcome to Wrongplanet!
I hope you enjoy posting here!
Thank you. (Although you say the same thing to everyone, I appreciate it. :) )

Captain_Brown wrote:
Hi, welcome to Wrong Planet. My name is Emily. Although some people like to call me Captain. A few months ago, I was obsessed with drill sergeants and I ended up calling my BFF horrible names like "maggot." How is your life at Norway? Is it cold up there?
Alright, Captain :wink:. Yeah, winters at Norway are quite cold, but summers are quite hot. In fact both winter and summer is getting hotter with each passing year with all this heating going on around the world.

TheGhostWhisperer wrote:
:) hi welcome to wrongplanet i hope you enjoy it like i do
Thank you. I just wanted to say, that I've downloaded entire season 1 of Ghost Whisperer, and watched the first 5 episodes so far.
So I guess we got another thing in common there. :D

dgd1788 wrote:
Welcome
Don't worry about it, Everything will be ok with afterwards and you will finally get to understand yourself a lot better than you did before. All you need to do is ask everybody on this forum and I am sure they will be able to help out.
Thanks. I already understand my self quite good though, It's rather others I don't understand (People do so many stupid things...). Anyway, just like most people here I guess, when I was little I was thinking I've definitely ended up in a wrong world, or a wrong planet as you say here. I still think that at times, I mean, it is a possibility after all, that everyone with asperger aren't from earth! :wink:. We don't know all the things out there in the vast universe (And perhaps dimensions).

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 4:45 pm

You are again very welcome!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2006, 9:08 pm

Emettman wrote:

"Norway fears giant crab invasion"

GIVE ME SOME LEMMONS AND HOT SAUCE!

I love seafood :P

Nocturax, what's your age, are you male or female? and Welcome to the forums :)

Have you tried "ceviche"? It's very very very VERY delicious, hehe,
search for "ceviche" or "cebiche", here in Mexico we like it a lot :)

Nocturax
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2006, 12:40 am

computerlove wrote:
Emettman wrote:

"Norway fears giant crab invasion"

GIVE ME SOME LEMMONS AND HOT SAUCE!

I love seafood :P

Nocturax, what's your age, are you male or female? and Welcome to the forums :)

Have you tried "ceviche"? It's very very very VERY delicious, hehe,
search for "ceviche" or "cebiche", here in Mexico we like it a lot :)
I'm 20 (Says so in my first post.), and I'm a male. Thanks for the welcome. :) When it comes to seafood, I'm just not very fond of it, especially not anything that feels like eating someones insides. (Wet and smooth and jellyish, like liever from fish. Ewww...) :wink:

clock
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2006, 2:33 am

Welcome! :)

I´ve visited Norway once, and it was very beautiful but indeed crabs seem to be the only thing to fear which can get quite boring if you´re there the whole time. :wink: Do you live in Oslo or Alta or somewhere in between, if I may ask? I was in the North back in 1998, very shortly in Alta and shortly in Hammerfest. Collected lot of stones that I couldn´t carry then after all. And I am new here as well.