Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:59 pm

Ahhhh... two couples joining WP, this is going to be an interesting thing to see on WP and I shall welcome the pair of you to the forums. :)

MiaMidnight
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Dec 2010, 6:51 am

theWanderer wrote:
I've been doing NaNo since 2006. :D I won that year, fell flat on my face in 2007, then won in 2008, 2009, and last month.

I don't think you failed; you got at least a thousand words or so. There are times you just can't do it. I missed in 2007 because of my own issues. There's nothing at all to be ashamed of in the fact that the guy you love was more important to you than winning NaNo this year.

The trick isn't to beat yourself up over the "failures". Just set them aside and take them up again when you can. But what you want to do is celebrate the stories you do finish. Winning NaNo is like finishing a marathon in the first couple of hours - no matter how many times you do it, it is still an achievement and a real thrill.

^^ Wow :)
I shall try again next year if I can.

I'll get Jason to write more than his one word he did this time...

Thank you everyone for the lovely welcomes :)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 10:12 am

Welcome!

MiaMidnight
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Dec 2010, 10:27 am

I never knew so many people would say hi - I feel loved (: ♥

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2011, 8:52 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post! I found it to be very much like a mini-autobiography; the part where you called out John Major almost had me laughing myself to tears, and the proposal had me IN tears! It was so beautiful. It really warms my heart to know that two fellow Aspies have found love within each other. I wish you both all the best for your wedding day and a life of love and unity ahead. God bless. :)