i am a new parnet of a 7 year old as boy

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

weeks
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2006, 2:50 pm

i just got finish reading the only boy in the world and find your web site. iam glad we have people to talk to . :D

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

04 Dec 2006, 2:57 pm

Welcome, welcome, make yourself at home! You'll find a lot here to help you out in this great pie we call life (why I said pie I have no idea...)!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2006, 3:11 pm

Welcome, Weeks. :D Come on in and have some fun. What did you think of that book you mentioned - The Only Boy In The World - was that it? Is it fiction or ... ?

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 4:55 pm

Welcome.

When you say you are a new parent of a 7-year-old boy, do you mean you have a 7-year-old that is newly diagnosed, or did you just recently adopt him? Just wondering.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 7:01 pm

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!

BubbaHoTep
Toucan
Toucan

04 Dec 2006, 11:57 pm

Greetings. Welcome to the party!

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 4:10 am

Hia weeks, and welcome to WP. :)

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 10:12 pm

Hi, It is nice to have a parent of a child with Aspeger's. My son was FINALLY diagnosed over the summer and the best therapy for me has been to talk to other parents who have been going through the same things! It has always been so hard to deal with him when I didn't know what was going on in his head! (I still don't, but some things are better). I do not have any trouble accepting his diagnosis but he looks so normal to others and it is hard to get them to realize that he has a real disablity even though it is not obvious just by looking! These boards and blogs are my sanity saver!

MutantMom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2006, 11:03 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am so glad to have found this site. We knew our son was different at a very young age (18 months). He was was not like any of my nieces or nephews. We kept asking friends and family members what they thought. We got the standard answer, "You worry too much...he's your first born so it's natural to be overly concerned about unfamiliar behavior." AAHHHHH! Now I'm no genius but I knew something was different (I never liked to use the phrase "There was something wrong with my son" because he wasn't wrong just different). One day, when my son was about 2 years old, my brother said maybe he has autism. AUTISM... no that can't be, he talks. Children with autism sit in a corner and rock ( very little personel knowledge of the autism spectrum...I learned quick). But then I did some research online and discovered AS and Tony Attwood. His book was written about my son! He has had OT/sensory integration, speech therapy, and he is doing quite well. He is a wonderful kid! Hope to hear from other aspies as well as neurotypical parents.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2006, 11:05 pm

Welcome to the forum!