Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Ajay86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

Hello! I’m a 24 year old from Minnesota that is lost in her own little world. Even though I’m not officially diagnosed with aspergers syndrome, I am nearly 100% sure that I have it.

The fact that I have aspergers was brought to my attention by my best friend. He was the one person I always felt safe around. It was as if we could read each other’s thoughts we were so close. Two years ago he was diagnosed with aspergers. Apparently I was the first person that popped into his mind when he received the diagnosis.

I've always had numerous problems dealing with other people. I just never knew how. Back in elementary school I frequently played alone. My parents were called to the school on numerous occasions because the teachers felt as though there was something "wrong" with me. Sadly this never really improved throughout my school years.

Now that I'm a senior at a university I find myself becoming far more stressed out by social situations than I am by school assignments. I've actually gotten to the point of being physically ill when I think about hanging out with someone one on one.

Of course, I do have some of the other symptoms of aspergers such as a lack of empathy and undeniable clumsiness.

I figured that by joining this site I could find some more like minded people. Hopefully that’s the case. =)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 6:43 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet

Indeed, it should be the case ;)
Hope you enjoy your time here :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 7:31 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

aspie4jc
Raven
Raven

01 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

Hey! I'm also in MN, just turned 34.

The Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM) has monthly meetings for Aspergers adults, you might want to try it. I went for awhile, but just haven't been back the last 3 years because of schedule changes.

Ajay86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

aspie4jc wrote:
The Autism Society of Minnesota (AuSM) has monthly meetings for Aspergers adults, you might want to try it. I went for awhile, but just haven't been back the last 3 years because of schedule changes.

I'd love to attend sometime. The only problem is that it is about 2 hours from where I live so I couldn't go regularly.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 7:57 am

Welcome!

softlyspeaks41
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2011, 1:12 am

Your little world has gotten a bit bigger. Welcome, great to have you here.
I can definitely relate to, among the other things, being more stressed about social situations than homework. I got myself sick at times when faced with the school day.
Hope you enjoy WP to the max

crouton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 6:13 am

Welcome. :)

I reckon you'll meet a lot of people like you around here, including many people who didn't have any knowledge of ASDs until later on in life. :) Hope you get on well.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image