Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Alnitah
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jul 2011, 8:23 am

Hi newbie here.

I'm a bit of an old fart, undiagnosed, probable Aspie, with a shed-load of history from the sublime to the bizarre.

Old enough to date back to the days when AS was just a twinkle in Asperger's eye (well, OK, slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean). Anyhow, it was when doctors barely gave credence to autism, let alone AS. The only time I've tried to get a doctor to listen they said I was too old to have AS, 'cos it would have been picked up when I was a kid (yeh, right, back in the day when different meant weird).

Potted life history - hated high school, just about survived university, hated all the jobs I've had (told you - old fart :wink: ). By luck, rather than judgement, I've stayed in work and do OK. 29 years going insane as a singleton; by chance met one and only girlfriend; got married; had a couple of kids; still married (is that woman insane or what?).

I just about keep my sanity & head above water.

Oh, my username is a version of a star's name in Orion's belt, and the avatar (if it's come out OK) is that star.

Well that's me in a nutshell.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

Welcome! It's good to have another "mature"(?) :wink: poster, the perspective is a little different from someone whose had a diagnosis and understanding of their differences since they were young.
Hope you enjoy WP!

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

Welcome.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :)