Page 214 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217 ... 360  Next

Rookie_One
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

What is your first name? : Alexandre

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, sciences in general, cars, computers

Why are you here? I found the site

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
14 years old, after problems at school

Favorite subjects: Cars, computers and physics science

Year/Grade: Finish high school, no high school diploma (need to do 5th year of high school french), but I have a professionnal Diploma in Computer Support

Favorite music: Video Games Music, Anime Music

Books: Science books, science-fiction, Manga

TV shows/Movies: Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek. Chuck, also a lot of anime

Instrument: I loved playing piano, althought it has been a very long time.

Do you like sports? No

Family: 1 older brother and 1 younger sister

Clothing: Jeans and buttonned shirt

How did you find this website? Web research

Job: Used to work at technical support in a telecom, which i absolutely hated, now working as a computer operator in a small datacenter for a hardware wholesale warehouse.

Plans for the future?
I don't know........But i admit that ideally, when my girlfriend finish her university, I would like that we buy a house and move in together.

Any comments?
not really

Alohilani
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2012, 1:17 am

What is your first name? : Claire

Hobbies and Interests: guinea pigs, photography,

Why are you here? I still have to find out

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): no official diagnosis. I knew that I was different from most other people ever since I was a child

Favorite subjects: at school? Geography.... for a conversation: TV shows, Chinese characters, subway maps

Year/Grade: finished my MA in Linguistics and Japanese a few years ago

Favorite music: Alternative, acoustic, country

Books: I don't like fiction but I really enjoyed The Lord of the Flies

TV shows/Movies: Independence Day, Lost, X-Files, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead.. don't get me started. I watch way too many TV Shows

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? I like watching European football, gymnastics and figure skating

Family: mom, dad, 2 sets of grandparents

Clothing: chucks, slim jeans, oversize jumper, scarf

How did you find this website? Google showed me

Job: copy editor (IT/ IT education)

Plans for the future? Leave China and go somewhere else

Any comments? nope

dnaislife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

What is your first name? Surene

Hobbies and Interests: Comics, Biology, building models, reading - mostly science related, or science fiction

Why are you here? Psychologist's urging to connect with others

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Diagnosed with Asperger's Disorder Dec. '11

Favorite subjects: Chemistry, Latin

Year/Grade: Sophmore at University

Favorite music: Alternative, punk, new wave/synth pop, classic rock

Books: Science fiction, any book by Dr. James Watson, non-fiction science books

TV shows/Movies: Big Bang Theory, South Park, ST:TNG, Bones, X-Files, Battlestar Galactica, MASH, Scooby-Doo

Do you like sports? no

Family: Yes, I am related to people

Clothing: If it's not comfortable, forget it (mainly hoodies and jeans)

How did you find this website? search on google

Job: Medical lab tech

Plans for the future? working on my B.S., hope to one day have a PhD.

Any comments?

nbtxdude
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2012, 12:21 am

What is your first name? Jeffrey

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Tech, Building Stuff

Why are you here? I'm a newly diagnosed Aspie...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Valentines Day 2012

Favorite subjects: Computer Science, Engineering, Geography

Year/Grade: Masters Program (currently back in school)

Favorite music: Anything except Rap and HipHop

Books: Clancy, Riordan, Rowling

TV shows/Movies: House, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser

Instrument: T-Bone, Bariton, and Tuba

Do you like sports? Only college sports; Most Winter sports (snowboarding, skiing, hockey)

Family: Nope. Not any left.

Clothing: Casual

How did you find this website? Found other people referencing it

Job: I do contract IT and Engineering when not in school

Plans for the future? Find a wife? Get a better job.

Any comments?

soozzi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

What is your first name? Not inclined to disclose.

Hobbies and Interests: IT, research, reading, technology, movies, tv, cooking, dogs & cats, social history, politics, languages, medicine, other sciences, philosophy, astronomy (interested but not good at), growing food, and more.

Why are you here?
To find like-minded people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Never officially, only recently considered it a possibility.

Favorite subjects: science, mathematics, philosophy, web design, languages, social history, geography, grammar

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: World music, Middle Eastern, Classical, New Age, some Opera (women singing opera make my ears hurt)... get obsessed with different genres for a few years, then move on.

Books: Spy/Mystery. Trashy romance. Fave book: The Blue Nowhere - Jeffrey Deaver.

TV shows/Movies: NCIS: LA, Big Bang Theory, StarTrek: TNG, DS9, Voyager, Grey's Anatomy, Cooking Shows, Grand Designs, Revenge, This Old House, Bones, Seinfield, Friends, Who Do You Think You Are (depends of who the subject is), some quiz shows

Instrument: Used to play piano and guitar.

Do you like sports? No, but I used to play a lot of tennis and I like swimming.

Family: Daughter 22, dog, separated-husband

Clothing: Mostly casual, mostly cotton, no tags, prefer no shoes

How did you find this website? Google nagged me with it while I was ooking for an Aspie test.

Job: IT Consultant, Accounting, Web Design

Plans for the future? Get through the day, planning my way around obstacles.

Any comments? Not sure if I belong here, but I've seen an awful lot of me in some of the posts.

JustinBieber2
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2012, 2:01 pm

Hello! I have jst registered!
Nice to meet you.

First Name: Krzysztof

Why I'm here: Just registered, I don't know

When was I diagnosed: not long time ago
Fave subjects: foreign languages.

Year: last class

Favourite music: Rock and popular, Korean and Chinese bands.

Books: language learning books

TV shows/films: comedies and so on.

Sports: biking

Family: no wife (no life)

Clothing: uncool
How I found WP: I don't remember.
Job: no :(
Plans for the Future: become the world's greatest polyglot!

Extra comments: no :(

Ember_Of
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2012, 4:10 am

What is your first name? Just refer to me by the first part of my nickname ('Ember') - that is just fine.

Hobbies and Interests: I'd rather reveal a little bit of personal info as it comes up, as I go along, if I post much in here. I'm pretty private. Although I will say that psychology is one, and also computer games.

Why are you here? I love someone on the autistic spectrum and am currently in a relationship with them. And as I've studied more about it in order to understand my beloved, I've found it really fascinating, and educational and interesting. (I'm naturally a psychology geek anyway and am fascinated by all its aspects - neuropsychiatry and neurochemistry and brain differences and all that.) And, as I've done so, I've had some "huh" moments where I can relate, a bit, to some traits. So - that has been interesting, too. Maybe I'm on this trip (learning about it and getting to read from and get to know people on the spectrum) for some other, bigger, more mysterious reasons that I'm not aware of, yet, too - you know?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Well I have at least a couple of 'disorders' (*chuckles*) even if not autistic spectrum (that I'm aware of), so...

Medium-grade chronic depression (for which I'm medicated), and Attention Deficit Disorder (inattentive, not hyperactive, subtype...if those 'subtypes' still exist, that is...) - the latter which I was diagnosed with as an adult (in 2001). I'm usually medicated for the ADD, but I'm not, currently. :cry:

Favorite subjects: Er...? Is this related to the question below ('school')? I have lots of interests. A great deal of them have to do with psychology and personality and intelligence. Others have to do with (mostly Judeo-Christian in origin) spirituality and faith and beliefs and such.

Year/Grade: Eh, I'm so far out of school it isn't funny. *shrugs* (I have a B.A.)

Favorite music: I'm gonna skip this and the next three...(just, again - privacy, not feeling interested in sharing that info...whatever).

Books: -

TV shows/Movies: -

Instrument: -

Do you like sports? NO.

Family: What? What about it? Er, I'm involved, but not married...and...well, beyond that, I don't have much to say and/or I'm being kind of private.

Clothing: Yes I'm wearing some. 8)

How did you find this website? I was Googling stuff about Aspergers/autistic spectrum stuff and relationships...I can't remember what exactly...oh: About how to help during "shutdowns." -What one should do, as a partner, in trying to help ease and not exacerbate the situation.

Job: not employed, currently

Plans for the future? Keep living; do the best I can to maintain my relationship and get closer (in physical distance; we're long-distance) to my beloved; be employed again. Be a happier and better and more fulfilled me and start living a real life that feels right, and true, and at home.

Any comments? None other than: I intend to lurk and read a lot. I just figured that since I need support and information right now and that the likelihood was high that I'd maybe have questions or want to be involved (as in, post) in the future, that I might want to go ahead and formally sign up for an account and do that already. :wink:

dx'd: A.D.D.

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2012, 7:56 am

Can I please fill this out again? :)

Hobbies and Interests:
Hobbies: Guitar
Obsession at the moment: The Big Bang Theory (The series, the soundtrack, Sheldon Cooper quotes, comic books, Mystic Warlords Of Ka'a (pm me if for a battle), trivia)
All-time obsession: Blink-182
Older obsessions (still interested): The All-American Rejects, Hayley Williams, Death Note, The Legend Of Zelda (Ocarina Of Time), Fullmetal Alchemist, Pokémon (1st & 2nd gen), Liar Game, Doctor Who (9th and 10th doctor), pop punk in general, F-Zero (SNES), lucid dreaming, penguins

Why are you here?
I think I might have Asperger's

Favorite subjects:
Dutch spelling, analyzing sentences and English (all except literature)

Year/Grade:
1st bachelor

Favorite music:
Blink-182 and Saves The Day - pm if you want my last.fm

Books:
Manga and graphic novels: Death Note, Liar Game, Doctor Who

TV shows/Movies:
The Big Bang Theory!
Also Doctor Who, Friends, House MD

Instrument:
Guitar (1 yr classical: 90% - but now acoustic and electric)
Piano/Synth (not that good, chords)
Bass
Drum
Singing

Do you like sports?
NO

Family:
3 siblings, and my parents

Clothing:
Jeans + Sweater + Sneakers

How did you find this website?
Google

Job:
Scared to get one, and I couldn't combine it with my studies

Plans for the future?
Survive

Any comments?
No

g_mahler5
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

What is your first name? Mel

Hobbies and Interests: music, movies, video games, surfing the net, perfecting pointless tasks, poker (in the past)

Why are you here? because I diagnosed myself with AS yesterday and I want to reach out and find others like me, now that I'm sure who I am.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
yesterday (2-19-12)

Favorite subjects:
math, psychology

Year/Grade:
n/a, I'm 28, bachelor's in psychology, minor in stats

Favorite music:
nothing specific right now, but in the past, grunge, alternative rock, nu-metal, progressive rock, 'classical'/romantic, classic rock, native american, gaelic, and video game music

Books:
the demon-haunted world
the greatest show on earth
a people's history of the us

(not a big reader overall though...)

TV shows/Movies:

Jeopardy, Chopped, Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, Restaurant Impossible, House Hunters, Curb, Seinfeld, Six Feet Under, True Blood, Angry Boys, Summer Heights High

Groundhog's Day, Cast Away, Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, What About Bob?, Land of the Lost, Despicable Me, American Beauty

Instrument:

proficient at - piano, guitar, bass

like the sound - french horn, timpani, piccolo, just about any kind of guitar, harpsichord

Do you like sports?

yes, my following of sports has waxed and waned over the years. Right now I'm heavily into the Michigan Wolverines football team (my alma mater). Go Blue!

Family:

I've got one older brother, 36, and my parents (not divorced but not fully together either, it's a bit weird and complicated)

no family of my own, but I got engaged a few months ago, and I want a family so badly, it's my #1 big goal at the moment

Clothing: not into fashion really. I like earth tones, and not looking stupid.

How did you find this website?

some years ago, probably using google

Job:

deli associate - I usually like the job but it's clear I don't fit in
I'm the workaholic constantly keeping busy while everyone else tends to take it relatively easy
I guess it's better than standing around and being socially awkward at all times

I used to be a professional poker player and I miss that job greatly
it's not as lucrative as it used to be

Plans for the future?

possibly start a cleaning business in the mold of my parents' cleaning business,
which was quite successful
or, going back to school and getting a degree in accounting or computer science
and then having a family

Comments?

I'm so happy that I finally pieced together a big part of my identity, by figuring out I'm AS yesterday. I'm nice, fun to talk to, genuinely funny, and looking to meet other ASs on here, so feel free to pm me or whatever else.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:25 am

What is your first name? Hum... this nickname isn't publicly connected to my real name yet =P. Sorry.

Hobbies and Interests: I like reading a lot, playing the piano, writing code and videogames.

Why are you here? Because even though I feel good with the friends I have right now, I don't think I can relate with them in some aspects regarding my condition, even though one of them already knows. It has been several years since I last actively participated in a forum, and although the prospect is a bit frightening (joining already established communities is HARD, at least to me), I want to know and be known by more experienced people, as I've been feeling lost for a while.

When were you diagnosed? Hum, if what I've read is right this might annoy some people, but officially I'm not diagnosed yet. Still, I've got very strong reasons to believe I have Asperger's. My own mother introduced me to it, and suggested I might have it. When I showed it's description to my best friend last year, he said that it was almost a perfect description of me. If it counts as diagnosis, I was diagnosed as an autist when I was around 1-2 years old, but then I got better :) .

Favorite subjects: Math and programming mostly. I like sciences in general, the more exact the better.

Year/Grade: Second year of college

Favorite music: In general I like the slower side of music. I like the fast energizing song every now and then, but slow rock, slow metal, ballads, and even some classical music is what I've been listening the most lately. I don't really stick to a gender or an artist, I prefer listening to individual songs that incite feelings or memories on me.

Books: Quite a lot. In the side of fantasy I've already read all Tolkien books, the Harry Potter series, and most recently the five books of A Song of Ice and Fire. Took me around two or three weeks the last one, these were pretty long~. Besides I like reading thrillers, books on psychology, and scientific literature like the Selfish Gene. I also read regional spanish literature.

TV shows/Movies: Not having cable tv, I've not been able to watch tv lately.

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? I don't really like them, as I've always been clumsier than average, although in an effort to improve myself I joined a volleyball team once, and starting playing football (or is it soccer for you people?) with my friends until becoming a capable goalkeeper. I never watch sports on the tv. Something I like though is weight lifting, and later gymnastics. You don't need THAT much coordination for them, they're healthy done the right way, and they give a sense of accomplishment and progress.

Family: Parents and a sister, it's a really loving family really.

Clothing: I like dressing up, I usually go out in shirts or sweaters, and at nights I like donning my winter coat. As I live in a tropical zone, high in a mountain, weather is like a perpetual autumn.

How did you find this website? A link from other Asperger resources

Job: Student

Plans for the future? To excel as a systems engineer, the career I'm studying right now, and eventually I'd like to have a family as well.

Any comments? Not many people know that much about me, hooray for internet anonimity :D

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 2:59 pm

What is your first name? Daryl

Hobbies and Interests: road tripping

Why are you here? To increase my potential in the autistic community

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Circa 1997

Favorite subjects: History

Year/Grade: Long over with; graduated in 1999

Favorite music: AC/DC, grunge, post-grunge, Madonna

Books: non-fiction history and political manifestos

TV shows/Movies: Roseanne, The Wonder Years (retro!), Curb Your Enthusiasm

Do you like sports? absolutely no interest

Family: mom and dad... that's it

Clothing: cheap, easy to wear, not unappealing

How did you find this website? i don't remember, I've been on here awhile

Job: movie crew

Plans for the future? work on more sets, sell lots of copies of my Asperger's memoir, make lots of money and do lots of traveling

***********************************************************************************

Check out "Problem Child," my memoir of life with autism.

Hexagon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2012, 11:54 am

What is your first name? Alex

Hobbies and Interests: Science, history, neanderthals

Why are you here? Got bored of NTs, prefer to interact with people who have interesting things to say.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Unofficially in 2010, and also yesterday. Seeking diagnosis.

Favorite subjects: Physics

Year/Grade: year 12

Favorite music: rock

Books: scifi, fantasy

TV shows/Movies: scifi

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? tennis, f1

Family: annoying

Clothing: necesary and warm

How did you find this website? google

Job: student

Plans for the future? not die?

Any comments?

RedRocker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2012, 3:15 pm

What is your first name? Not saying.

Hobbies and Interests: Snooker, football/soccer, programming.

Why are you here? Asperger's, though not officially diagnosed.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Well, my Mum first said I may have it when I was around nine, I think.

Favorite subjects: Maths and I.T..

Year/Grade: Year 8.

Favorite music: Anything that's rock, screamo, metal or folk.

Books: The Hunger Games, CHERUB and Harry Potter are the main ones.

TV shows/Movies: Outnumbered and The Simpons.

Instrument: I used to play the drums.

Do you like sports? As I mentioned before, snooker and football.

Family: One fifteen year old sister.

Clothing: Mostly something that's dark and plain.

How did you find this website? I think I just searched "Autism support" or something like that.

Job: I'm only 12! :P

Plans for the future? Games programmer.

Any comments? Nope.

aryaunderfoot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2012, 10:55 am

What is your first name? Kirsten

Hobbies and Interests: Medicine (especially neurology and pediatrics), Biology (molecular genetics, zoology) but also quite a lot more like history, science fiction (analyzing it, not only watching it), learning all about fictional worlds

Why are you here? To find out if I belong here and if I actually have Asperger's

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid, but not yet autism, still not sure about it

Favorite subjects:
In school? biology, chemistry, physics, literature, foreign languages (they were not really favorites but I was really good)
Med School: pediatrics, neurology, actually most subspecialties :-)

Year/Grade: I'm in med school now, last year (almost graduated - almost doctor)

Favorite music: alternative electronic music, metal, classic, jazz, rock - I don't care for the genre it's more important wether I like a song or not. the music has to transport something to me.

Books: song of ice and fire (guess who my favorite character is...), detective stories (new and classical), sergej lukianenko, harry potter and I read all tolkien books, also some nonfictional stuff according to my interests

TV shows/Movies: doctor who, sherlock, game of thrones, star trek, babylon 5, criminal minds and recently discovered true blood (but there are a lot more, I'm a bit of a tv-show-junkie) and documentaries about medical topics, nature, history and science

Instrument: piano, percussions (not really, I use the kitchen utensils...)

Do you like sports? martial arts, but I'm not good at them (much too clumsy)

Family: mostly regular, my brother has adhd, my father has autistic traits and my aunt is full-blown autistic

Clothing: basically black with black and white striped shirt/scarf/gloves, hardly anything else

How did you find this website? followed a link from wikipedia

Job: almost a doctor, will specialize in pediatrics and later maybe pediatric neurology

Plans for the future? pass my final exam, find a job, do something special while in between jobs, finish a research project, keep the relationship with my boyfriend and do as best as I can at whatever I'm doing - maybe even have kids

Comments: I appear a lot more normal on the outside because I play a role most of the time, but there are things I do and think and sometimes (unfortunately) say that are not "normal". My friends would never say I'm autistic - just geeky, but my boyfriend agrees...

levicorpus
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2012, 1:46 am

What is your first name? Theresa

Hobbies and Interests: Harry Potter and Glee are my main interests at the moment. However I'm also fond of British television/music/etc (Sherlock, Doctor Who, etc.)! I like some anime and video games, but not as much as I used to. I also really love collecting things for the sake of collecting (Harry Potter merchandise, foreign money, old money, Iwako puzzle erasers....).

Why are you here? I've been lurking here for awhile; I stumbled across the site a few months ago while I was trying to learn a bit more about Asperger's. Then decided to make an account.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): January of this year.

Favorite subjects: History, Foreign Languages, and Medicine/Biology. Whether or not I'm particularly good at any of these is another story.

Year/Grade: I'm technically a sophomore in college. Officially I'm considered a freshman :/

Favorite music: Indie, Alternative, and often times covers from Glee. My favorite bands are Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, OK Go, The Beatles, Panic! At the Disco, The Decemberists, and plenty of others.

Books: I'm rather fond of dystopian fiction and historical fiction. My favorite book is 1984 by George Orwell, but I also like the Harry Potter series and the Hunger Games series.

TV Shows/Movies: I never used to watch much television, but I have lately. My favorites are Glee, Sherlock, Dexter, The Big Bang Theory, and Doctor Who. As for films, I love all the Harry Potter movies (though Sorcerer/Philosopher's Stone is my favorite). I also like Inglourious Basterds and Hugo.

Instrument: None; I've never had much of a talent/ear for it.

Do you like sports? Playing sports? Definitely not, as I'm ridiculously uncoordinated. I do, however, on occasion like watching football (and by football, I mean soccer), particularly if Liverpool or Chelsea is playing.

Family: Living with my mom at the moment.

Clothing: Whatever is comfortable? Though I suppose I favor neutral colors (grey, beige, olive green, etc).

How did you find this website? I've been researching Asperger's since before I was diagnosed, and one of my many Google searches linked me here.

Job: None, at the moment (I have gotten a few interviews though, which is a success in my book). Part-time student.

Plans for the future? Getting out of community college and back to my main university so that I can work on becoming a pharmacist! :)

Any comments? Not really, I believe I've droned on long enough.

Ldog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2012, 5:32 am

What is your first name? Lauren

Hobbies and Interests: Computer games, music, books, controversy (Not on here :3), much much more!

Why are you here? I want to make friends and find people who I can relate to, and give and receive support!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Unofficially yesterday, but everything about ASP sounds just like me!

Favorite subjects: I.T, English

Year/Grade: Finished Year 12 last year

Favorite music: Alternative rock. My fav band is Tame Impala (If you like Beatles sounding hippie stuff, they're up your alley)

Books: Belgariad, I used to read Deltora Quest when I was younger.

TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, South Park, cooking shows, travel shows, 90's cartoons

Instrument: I love the drums, but I don't have any =[

Do you like sports? N.O spells NO

Family: I love my mum :)

Clothing: I'm a tomboy (which happens to be a "symptom" of ASP, according to Tony Attwood in his ABC interview), but I'm also a little heavy and lack self confidence, therefore don't feel comfortable in girly clothes.

How did you find this website? A friend suggested it to me.

Job: I quit Maccas because I've started my I.T course

Plans for the future? Make lots of friends who live in my town (Hopefully! Having someone live near me who I can share support and friendship with would be awesome! Also..I want to become a baker :)

Any comments? I'm new :D