Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kiwifruit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2012, 7:54 am

Hi everyone I am in the process of establishing a social group for adults with AS in Perth ,Western Australia if you wish to join the group please search Aspergers Adults Perth on facebook and feel free to join thankyou.

sudden
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2012, 1:43 am

Just dropping in to say g'day to all my fellow aussies , and anyone else that is passing through!
:D

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 4:21 pm

AliceInAspieland wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Hello!

AliceInAspieland wrote:
I'm a 26 year old, woman from Australia. I was recently diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome.

I am a 22 year old woman from the United States. I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS three years ago.

AliceInAspieland wrote:
I like to play with my dog, who is wonderful and makes me feel safe because I know that she'll protect me. She makes me feel good about myself, because she trusts me implicitly. She's also happy to just sit and keep me company. I also love other animals. I seem to be able to connect with them better than people. Animals seem to like me better too.

Oh, I totally get this. I love and have an affinity for animals. Unless they have serious psychological or medical-masquerading-as-psychological issues, they love me, too. They just aren't judgmental like humans are.

AliceInAspieland wrote:
I enjoy reading and books. I'm trying to read a "No Fear" version of Shakespeare's Hamlet at the moment. It's slow going. I try to read a wide selection of genres.

I like to read, too. I have trouble focusing enough to get to the end of books, though. I was diagnosed with inattentive ADHD before I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS I like to read blog posts, and also, forums. Heh.

AliceInAspieland wrote:
I also like to write sometimes. I live in an imaginary world of sorts. I'm always thinking of stories. I tend to have trouble getting them down.

Writing down my thoughts in a journal sometimes help me organize my thoughts. I like buying different sorts of journals than actually filling them out to the end. I was very upset when my parents took some of my childhood journals, tore out the written-in pages, and sold them/threw them out. They justified it by saying I had only written in a few pages.

AliceInAspieland wrote:
I draw and paint. Abstract works mostly. I'd like to paint realistic scenes or portraits, but in my quest for perfection I get frustrated to the point of tantrum. Currently I'm inspired by microphotographs (photos of things under very high magnification) of plants, cells and minerals.

Oh, gawd, the tantrums. I prefer to call them meltdowns, because they aren't deliberate.

I like microphotographs, too. I also went through a few-years-long phase of abstract drawing. It helped soothed me.

AliceInAspieland wrote:
I listen to music. Everything from classical, metal, french pop music, symphonic metal, rock, mainstream, industrial, EBM, dark wave, goth, some rap, ambient and retro. Every genre is featured to some extent on my iPod. I can't come at Justin Bieber though...

I love music, too! I like folk and current rock music the most.

And yeah, Bieber. What's up with him?

AliceInAspieland wrote:
If there were two words that summed me up, they'd be....intellectual curiosity. I have an urge to learn things and get knowledge.

Me, too. If only my learning style were more fathomable. :roll:

AliceInAspieland wrote:
I try to be nice to everyone and be careful about what I say or type. I know that words can hurt people. I've been bullied and tormented. It made me feel awful, I wouldn't want someone to feel that way because of me. So, if I unwittingly say or type something which upsets or offends you. Please tell me. I won't be mad. It's probably just because I don't understand. So you'd be helping me, really.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Alice.

I've been bullied and complained about, too. It sucks!

Si_82
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 5:10 pm

Hi and welcome from the UK.

Alexithymia: 137