Page 241 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244 ... 360  Next

Jammin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

Soultanjian: I'm glad that you have your clothes on your body. I do not a lot of comments since you didn't have questions.

Jammin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2013, 10:47 pm

Numbah4: sorry that you don't have a positive outlook on the future. Other than that you don't have questions so I don't have comments other than the outlook. I have as too.

Jammin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2013, 10:52 pm

Spag: I don't like sports that the rules are not consistent. I'm an aspie. I say, do what you like, like what you do, say what you want as long as its truth. Truth that true are not the same thing.

Jammin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2013, 10:57 pm

Tamaki: metal rules! You sound like you will be just fine with your great attitude! I'm an aspie as well.

Jammin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2013, 11:03 pm

Norintha: I am an aspie, you sound like you will fit in here just fine! If you ever want to talk just let me know.

labomba
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2013, 11:37 pm

Im 28
I am a preschool teacher
Married with 2 kids, the oldest is in the process of getting an eval as he too might have asp
My husband is nt
I like working out on the ellyptical machine, watching new movies that are funny or child friendly family movies, dancing, drinking wine, watching documentaries, reading books that are based on real life events. I used to really like roller blading but I haven't done that in years, singing in the shower or while I do dishes, listening to music.

I have no friends at the current time, people think I am rude or weird, but mostly rude. However I dont mean to be. Im highly misunderstood by everyone. I dont even have family members that talk to me besides my brother occasionaly. Like once every month

guineapiglady
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2013, 11:57 am

What is your first name? Jeanette

Hobbies and Interests: Guinea pig breeding,gardening,cats

Why are you here? Someone recommended this for me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 19 with Aspergers

Favorite subjects: Reading

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Christian

Books: Non fiction

TV shows/Movies: Medical shows

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? no

Family: I have been married 17 years to a navy man and we have 3 children all diagnosed as having Aspergers.

Clothing: comfortable

How did you find this website? link from friend

Job: Stay at home mom

Plans for the future?

Any comments?

Lebowski
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2013, 12:17 pm

oops Newbie didn't see the edit button - apologies for double post.

Last edited by Lebowski on 23 Feb 2013, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lebowski
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2013, 12:25 pm

What is your first name? John

Hobbies and Interests: airsoft, snorkeling

Why are you here? Just put it all together javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Have not been yet, but no question Aspie

Favorite subjects: antique guns, history

Year/Grade: College

Favorite music: industrial, music of my youth

Books: Any Malcolm Gladwell

TV shows/Movies: Monty Python, kids in the hall, mostly documentaries and such.

Instrument: nope

Do you like sports? playing solo sports (Kayak,snorkel,hiking, biking). Not into watching other people play

Family: Married 2 kids

Clothing: yes, its cold here

How did you find this website? All roads lead here

Job: Developmental Services Worker

Plans for the future? In progress, but I think changes are developing

Any comments? I'm a newbie. A bit embarrassed to say I've just recently figured out why I am so entirely atypical. Most hints came from school and research to help my 5 year old cope with his ASD. Childhood was a train wreck.

akar4
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2013, 1:49 am

What is your first name? N/A

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, graphic art, Child growth and development, gardening, archery, hunting/fishing/camping
Why are you here? Aspie
When were you diagnosed? a few years ago
Favorite subjects: same as hobbies/interests

Year/Grade: B.A. English LIterature

Favorite music: Punk to Tori - love most music, but especially bands like No!se, NOFX, Bad Religion, The Cure, and Tori Amos. I love, love, love her music!
Books: Too many to list. I'm hyperlexic and currently reading "The Secrets of Mary Magdelene", "The Maine Woods", "Wool", "Imajica" and "Teaching with Love and Logic" (which is a manipulative educational technique, so I'm punching holes in it, slowly, for my daughter's principal - at her request).

TV shows/Movies: Many, but I prefer books.
Instrument:

Do you like sports? Yes. I like to watch football and baseball. As a family, we practice archery.

Family: Married 2 kids

Clothing: Skillers, boots and whatever shirt I pull out of the drawer.

How did you find this website? Lookin' around.
Job: Graphic artist/business owner
Plans for the future? Make it to old age.

Any comments? Nope.

blawdgharm
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Feb 2013, 3:09 am

What is your first name? James

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, anime

Why are you here? suggested by friend

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2006

Favorite subjects: Science

Year/Grade: graduated

Favorite music: country

Books: inheritance cycle

TV shows/Movies: Burn Notice

Instrument: Ocarina, Piano

Do you like sports? Baseball, Volleyball

Family: mother and 17 year old brother

Clothing: hoodies and whatever feels cofortable

How did you find this website? Google

Job: currently unemployed

Plans for the future? Unsure

Any comments? I hope to find people to talk to.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 3:24 am

What is your first name?: Liz

Hobbies and Interests: biking, knitting, painting, coupon-ing and, hopefully, gardening

Why are you here?: seeking similar-ness

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Never diagnosed, hence unsure if I have a disorder.

Favorite subjects: math, bio, history

Year/Grade: hmmm. I have some college?

Favorite music: (currently?) Hip Hop

Books: The Forever War, anything by Jasper Fforde, Cory Doctorow, Neil Gaiman or Elmore Leonard.

TV shows/Movies: Walking Dead & Downton Abby

Instrument: a little piano

Do you like sport? No.

Family: No.

Clothing: Aggressively Granny-ish/Librarian. I will rock a muted tone cardigan.

How did you find this website?: I don't remember?

Job: Yes.

Plans for the future?: More of the same, but maybe with a boyfriend?

Any comments? None.

Browncoat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2013, 9:00 pm

What is your first name?: Ed, but I'll sometimes answer to Robert (long story)
Hobbies and Interests: Reading, gaming, scifi, fantasy, writing, drawing, learning, physical exercise
Why are you here?: "I'll try anything at least once"
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):Dec 2011
Favorite subjects: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Biology, Genetics
Year/Grade: Graduated High School 2010
Favorite music: Owl City, 2 Steps from Hell, soundtracks from Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and How to Train Your Dragon
Books: Lord of the Rings Omnibus, Inheritance Cycle, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Omnibus, Dune, Ender's Game... I'll stop before I list half a library here
TV shows/Movies: Firefly, Dr Who, Big Bang Theory/Serenity, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, How to Train Your Dragon
Instrument: Did tenor saxophone in middle school. Currently teaching myself piano (progress slow)
Do you like sports?: Debatable. I like martial arts.
Family: There is the family we are born to, the family we marry into, and the family we choose. Only the last one is important to me.
Clothing: Jeans and practical shoes. I tend to wear sweatshirts because I like the extra pocket.
How did you find this website?: Wikipedia
Job: I have two currently. I dispatch for a Medi-Van company and I work as Swim Instructor at a community pool
Plans for the future?: Got a college picked out for 2014. I'm taking some online stuff that'll transfer in the meantime. After college, I'll want to work on molecular biology.
Appearance: I'll get a picture up eventually
Personality: I dream like an optimist, but prepare like a pessimist. Life isn't always ideal so I try to be ready for that. But I'm always trying to see things in a positive light. I try to ask difficult questions that make people reevaluate their thoughts and value. I don't get upset because whatever happens, happens. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I try not to be naive. I tend to be calm even in difficult situations. I like to smile.
Relationships: I'm straight, male, and single. I'm open to friendship or dating, but I'm not searching for it. I'm happy enough as is and I know that just being in a relationship won't magically make my life perfect. I don't need someone to make me happy, but I wouldn't mind someone to share happiness with.
Extra Comments: This isn't everything about me. Somethings I'll never share. Somethings I'll share later.

Xirahii
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2013, 5:11 pm

What is your first name? Cory

Hobbies and Interests: Music, writing, and psychology (of which I intend on pursuing as a major in college). And gaming, of course.

Why are you here? Curiosity and interest.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): N/A, although I should probably get checked in soon with the psych to get everything in order. While I never self-diagnose, based off of multiple informational sources (and experience), chronic depression seems highly probable, BPD as well. SAD I might have had in the past looking back now, but have learned to cope enough with it so that it is no longer much of an issue. =p Anxiety disorder is also something considerably possible (again, relating to the symptoms), as they are in my family genes and Mother was diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: Anything but math.

Year/Grade: Senior in Highschool set to graduate in May 2013

Favorite music: Anything that sounds good to me, although I mainly listen to EDM, Jazz, ambient, and to a lesser degree classical. I also listen to a miscellaneous collection of oldies artists.

Books: Not too much a reader of books, but I'd have to say Tad Williams's Otherland series. Good virtual-reality stuff going on in that book.

TV shows/Movies: I don't like most of what's on TV. Saw Wreck-It-Ralph recently on the big screen, though. The gamer within me squee'd.

Instrument: Piano. I also electronically produce and compose music, so you could also say my PC is an instrument.

Do you like sports? Esports, yes (sorry, I'm a tech-geek). Otherwise, nup.

Family: Mother, Father, myself... Ee-yup!

Clothing: Casual to formal-casual.

How did you find this website? Le Google.

Job: Student, unemployed.

Plans for the future? Psychology and music production, mainly. How will the two run hand-in-hand? Well, there's a way, and I'll certainly try my best to find it and make it work. Teaching music is also a possibility (although now I mainly play by ear and thus would have to take music theory in spite of me having some knowledge of the details).

Any comments? Uhh... Hi. 8O

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Mar 2013, 11:34 pm

What is your first name? dott, but it's not my real one

Hobbies and Interests: cartoons, disney, internet, reading, video games

Why are you here? because it looks like a nice community and i enjoy the articles

When were you diagnosed?: yesterday! march 8th 2013, to be exact

Favorite subjects: science and math. it's like my brain was wired for doing math equations

Year/Grade: sophomore in high school

Favorite music: katy perry, paramore, taylor swift, evanescence, owl city

Books: percy jackson, anything written by jerry spinelli, lemonade mouth, the hunger games

TV shows/Movies: phineas and ferb, adventure time, victorious, regular show, doctor who, freaks & geeks, impractical jokers

Instrument: i've got a tenor ukulele but i still need to learn how to play :C

Do you like sports? oh no not at all lol

Family: one younger sister, and i live with both my parents (at the moment)

Clothing: usually just a shirt and jeans. i love sweaters, though, i wish i could wear them 24/7. i've also got a jacket i wear every day during the cold season, i like it a lot

How did you find this website? i dont remember :C i think i was looking at a video of a contestant on america's next top model with aspergers and somebody pentioned it in the comments. i can't remember for sure though, sorry

Job: none right now, just student

Plans for the future? i don't like thinking about it too much becuase it makes me anxious, but i'd like to go to a good college somewhere and study chemistry, maybe. no idea what job i want though lol

Any comments? nah just that this place is pretty cool

BrightEyed
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2013, 10:20 pm

What is your first name? Claire (have a different birth name though)

Hobbies and Interests: Just about anything

Why are you here? Aspie

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 10 alongside of Generalized Anxiety Disorder after being treated for 5 years earlier for Childhood Epilepsy.

Favorite subjects: Art, Biology, Botany, Neurology, Astronomy, Global Politics,
Media, Social Networking, Tumblr ( which includes fandoms and such.)

Year/Grade: College Senior

Favorite music: Depends

Books: Depends

TV shows/Movies: Memiors of a Geisha, Sweeney Todd, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Devil's Carnival, Lord of the Rings, Stardust, Anastasia, Treasure Planet, House, Scrubs, Outlaw Star, Planet Earth Series, NatGeo things, Mosaic News (via Link TV), Ru Paul's DragRace, The Avengers, Captain America, Doctor Who, Pocahontas, Lincoln, Action Replayy, Les Mis, Munich, The Pianist, Mad Men, The Walking Dead.

Instrument:Cello, Piano, Vocal

Do you like sports? Green Bay Packers Fan ( Grew up in the town)

Family: A father, a mom, A grandma, myself and my brotha from anotha Mother
and one cat though she is not well. :(
Clothing: Preferably a shirt and pants, skirts and dresses maybe

How did you find this website?
Friends
Job: Part Time Caregiver to my 94 year old Grandma.

Plans for the future? Would like to pursue a career in Botanical Illustration.

Any comments?