Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

publicist
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2013, 9:22 pm

Hello,

My name is Brandon and I am discovering the odds are extremely high I have Asperbergers. I have been struggling with social anxiety / awkwardness since I was a child. I was diagnosed ADD in my early teens. The doctors have never been able to really figure out what's been going on. Sure, they gave me ADHD / Bipolar / Anxiety Disorder / Depression. None of the medicines ever really seemed to work that well. Klonopin was pretty good for my anxiety and I am just now figuring out that Adderall is great medication for me. It takes away a good bit of the social awkwardness (at least to a point where I can stand being around people). Klonopin did help with that, but I think it just made me not care at 4mg and an pretty mellow.

Anyhow, I have been recently trying to figure out why my relationships have all failed, why people think I'm so mean (I think I'm nice) and other odds and ends. It wasn't until I stumbled upon this forum and read others stories that I began to say "That's me! That's me!". I finally felt like someone was out there that was just like me and I wasn't alone in this mess. I talked to my Psychiatrist about it today (we only have a 10 min window since it's for medication management, but I gave him a list of things about me I never shared with doctors before, because I thought it didn't really matter and it was just me being me) and he said it's a good possibility I have Aspergers, but there are so many spectrum disorders that it's too hard to tell. I have read the people have been diagnosed ADD early and the come to find out it was really Aspergers. Has this happened to anyone on here?

Looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning more about myself :D

Brandon

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 9:35 pm

hi, Brandon,

welcome to WP.

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2013, 9:42 pm

Hi Brandon :)

I was diagnosed with a gaggle of things, which did include ADHD. Finally last month I got my Asperger's diagnosis that has allowed me to be self accepting and find closure and now grow in so many ways.

Welcome to WP!

publicist
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2013, 9:55 pm

cathylynn wrote:
hi, Brandon,

welcome to WP.

Thanks!

publicist
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2013, 9:57 pm

Valkyrie2012 wrote:
Hi Brandon :)

I was diagnosed with a gaggle of things, which did include ADHD. Finally last month I got my Asperger's diagnosis that has allowed me to be self accepting and find closure and now grow in so many ways.

Welcome to WP!

That seems to be how I am feeling. Every problem I have seems to fit this like a lock and key. I just want to know who I am so I can manage this and get on with life. It's also comforting in a way. I was always told in relationships that I was mean (verbal comments) and could never figure out what I said. Just things like that make me go "Aha..."

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2013, 10:04 pm

Welcome!

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 2:57 pm

Welcome :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran