Page 245 of 360 [ 5749 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 360  Next

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

What is your first name?: Christian
Hobbies and Interests: Gundam Model Kits, Super Sentai shows, Disney Channel shows, Toy Collecting, Listening to Pop songs, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
Why are you here? Decided to find a place where I can meet others like me (those with Asperger's) due to a recent depression in life
When were you diagnosed? 1997 or 2005 (Can't remember anymore)
Favorite music: Pop music and J-Pop music
TV shows/Movies: Lots, some of them mentioned in Hobbies and Interests
How I found Wrong Planet: Searching for a place where Aspies can communicate and make friends
Plans for the future? A job and a Girlfriend, nothing more, Having my own family optional
Any comments? Nothing right now, but I hope I can make lots of friends here.

Koffi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2013, 7:04 am

What is your first name? Hannah

Hobbies and Interests: Books, long walks, painting, listening to music, climbing

Why are you here? Because all of my friends are NT and I've been wondering what it's like to talk to someone who is a bit more like me.

When were you diagnosed? I´m just now getting diagnosed but we've known about it for a while.

Favorite subjects: Art, English, Rhetoric, Philosophy

Year/Grade: Last year of school, graduating this summer

Favorite music: Tchaikovsky, Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens & Kid Cudi are some of my favourites

Books: Everything is illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien & A Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

TV shows/Movies: Big Fish, Pan´s Labyrinth, Mary Poppins, My fair lady, Casablanca, Heat, Seinfeld, Lost, Big Bang theory (etc. etc. etc.)

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Yes, football (soccer) & tennis

Family: Parents, 1 sister, step-families and a dog

Clothing: Something comfortable, I love to wear several layers of clothing - I love leather jackets

How did you find this website? I came across it on some AS-related website and wound up checking it out.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Become a bartender, learn how to play the guitar & start jogging more frequently

Ziddy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2013, 10:41 am

What is your first name: Kirsten

Hobbies and Interests: Biochemistry, math, chemistry, physiology, cats, horses, painting and trying out experiments

Why are you here: i'm here at Wrongplanet, 'cause I want to meet others with Asperger's.

When were you diagnosed: dec. 2012

Favorite subjects: Science

Year/Grade: 2. semester on medicine with industrial specializing (Nickmane: MedIS)

TV shows/Movies: Bones, BBT, Dexter, Chuck, White Collar, Star Wars,

Do you like sports? Horseback riding,

How did you find this website? I found it at a danish website for AS

Plans for the future? To get a Ph.d in biomedicine (or a dr. grade) and get a great life with friends, and maybe a good husband.

Any comments? I hope, there will be some people to talk with.

chibi555
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm

I've been on this site for a while, but I never noticed this. so, here goes nothing

What is your first name?: Just call me chibi or B (I don't like my real name)

Location: below the mason dixon line. Not going to be specific.

Hobbies and Interests: Anime/manga, homeopathy, art, animals, travel, watching vintage movies (black and white, some silent films, and old cartoons), baking, singing, crafts/sewing, reading, and confusing people.

Why are you here? because I have aspergers and to maybe even meet thers aspies as well.

When were you diagnosed?: Two days before my 18th birthday.

Year/Grade: graduate

Favorite music: I'm pretty eclectic and like just about anything; j-pop, classical, rock, some pop, hip hop (especially latin hip hop), jazz, the blues, swing, and rockabilly. Although I'm not a fan of country.

Books: I read a LOT of manga. other books I like are the little prince, greek plays, any kind of craft book, lots of non fiction books (mostly about animals, travels, interesting facts, etc.), story books/ books about legends, and many mystery books.

TV shows: too many anime to list, travel chanel, animal planet, almost any kind of mystery/forensic show, 80's/90's cartoons, grimm, and once upon a time.

Movies: Whisper of the heart, Howl's moving castle (anything studio ghibli really), le pappion, beetlejuice (love both the movie and animated series), nightmare before christmas, most anything pre 1960's, and more disney movies than I care to mention.

Instrument: I play the violin and I'm trying to learn the tin whistle.

Do you like sports?: I like martial arts, swimming, and bike riding (just for fun not comepeting)

Clothing: comfortalble; casual, rockabilly, steampunk, or lolita depending on the occasion.

How did you find this website?: from my doctor.

Job: freelance crafter, baby sitter.

Plans for the future?: hopefully move, get my degree in cosmetology, and travel to many places.

Olivia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2013, 10:15 pm

What is your first name? Olivia

Hobbies - Reading, writing, listening to music, attending concerts and collecting quotes and images of sophisticated clothing,

Interests - Indie-Folk Music, 50's Female Style and Etiquette, Art and Blogging

Why are you here? I'd love to make some new friends

When were you diagnosed? August 2012

Favorite subjects: English Literature

Favorite music: Indie-Folk, Country, RnB and Reggae

Books: The Fault In Our Stars, New Moon, Thirteen Reasons Why, The Secret Garden and The Bewitching of Allison Allbright

TV shows: Revenge, Nashville, Big Bang Theory, Neighbors and Mock The Week

Movies: Titanic, The Elephant Man, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, White Chicks and Madagascar.

Instrument: I'm hoping to learn how to play the Piano in the future

Do you like sports? I find sports really enjoyable; particularly Horse Riding and Dancing.

Family: Mom and younger brother Claudius

Clothing: I am enamoured with classy clothing and have also taken an interest in Vintage Styles. Red Valentino and ModCloth are two of my favourite clothing websites.

How did you find this website? I was informed by an Aspergers friend of mine.

Job: Currently Unemployed but hope to find work in a Library

Plans for the future? Attend an Aspergers Residential School to complete my A Levels, gain a degree in English Literature, travel the world and enjoy life.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2013, 8:50 pm

What is your first name? Ashley.

Hobbies and Interests: Browsing the internet. I like Anime, cartoons, Pokemon, and music.

Why are you here? To see if I can discover more about myself and fill in a gap of loneliness. Also, I like it when numbers rise, so yay post counts!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm not too sure, somewhere between ages 4-9? I wasn't really aware of what it was or the fact I had it until I was about 12.

Favorite subjects: English.

Year/Grade: I graduated high school two years ago.

Favorite music: Rock and Pop.

Books: I don't often read actual books, though I do think it'd be rewarding. I become distracted easy,

TV shows/Movies: Big Bang Theory, My Little Pony, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Anime, Family Guy, Littlest Pet Shop, Regular Show, Aventure Time, and yeeah I really like cartoons. I don't really watch movies.

Instrument: I don't know.

Do you like sports? Not at all but I do enjoy swimming.

Family: I live with my parents and my sister. We have 3 bunnies.

Clothing: I just wear whatever.

How did you find this website? I was searching things about autism and found a thread from here. I don't remember exactly what it was but I had this bookmarked for a few days before actually joining.

Job: I currently have no job and never have before.

Plans for the future? Currently, I'm pretty lost but I'm finding my way around.

Any comments? Eheh, nah. :oops:

the_beautiful_mess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2013, 3:24 am

I already did this a while back, but I wanted to update. :)

What is your first name? Still the same. Hannie. Short for Hannah-Jamie.

Age: Technically almost fifteen, but I feel more like twenty-five.

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, Explorer Scouts, drawing or painting with watercolours.

Why are you here? Because the world I live in is rather NT-orientated, and confuses me far too much.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I said I was thirteen, but counting back I was actually twelve.

Favourite subjects:
I quite like break and going home, to be honest, but I kind of like Chemistry, English, Ethics and Sport.

Year/Grade: My school calls it Fourth Year. Most say Year 10.

Favourite music: Bastille, Don McLean, Ed Sheeran, KT Tunstall, The Smiths, and I like a lot of soundtracks. I think Doctor Who and Sherlock are particularly brilliant.

Books: Sherlock Holmes, The Time Traveller's Wife, Frankenstein, The Hobbit, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and loads more.

TV shows/Movies: Sherlock, Perception, Doctor Who, The Mentalist, the Grenada Sherlock Holmes from the eighties starring Jeremy Brett, Kingdom and Broadchurch, at the moment. Films wise I love Howl's Moving Castle, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Untouchables, Third Star, The Great Escape... there's more, but I won't go on.

Instrument: I've tried a few things, but I was never very good at anything. I can sing a bit, I guess, and I'm going to start guitar lessons soon.

Do you like sports? Yeah. Some more than others. Rounders, netball and rowing are all good, swimming and lacrosse are still never going to happen.

Family: Adopted. Mum, Dad, adopted younger brother, lots of extended family.

Clothing: Normally bright skinny jeans and a sweater.

How did you find this website? Luck. Maybe Google search. It was a long time ago.

Job: Student. But I do odd jobs here and there.

Plans for the future? Stay unique, but be normal-ish. As in, stay weird, but be able to cope independently. Be a writer of books and TV shows, maybe act a bit... and there's also a guy I'm hoping will be with me the rest of my life, and will be the other half of my secret woodland wedding dream... :oops:

Any comments?
I just try and get on with stuff.

'I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.' ~ Joel Hodgson

vixx

24 Apr 2013, 2:47 pm

What is your first name? you can ask me privately

Hobbies and Interests:
gardening, music, martial arts/meditation, anime, video games, nutrition/fitness/cooking, cyberpunk fiction/futurism

Why are you here?
well after some failed relationships and lost friendships, bouts of depression and isolation, confusion and self-loathing, i'm finding that i'm not alone

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
im going to try to get diagnosed with asperger's soon. should be tough because i'm kind of old and female but my acting ability is failing with time

Favorite subjects: science, mainly plants, and human physiology, computers, art

Year/Grade: not in college.. didn't finish high school. getting certified in computer repair, then i think i'll give regular college another go.

Favorite music: you can see on my soundcloud: "conscioushit" which i can't link because this is my first post.

Books: books about zen buddhism, cyberpunk, technical books about diet/nutrition, computer infrastructures, chinese medicine. some examples: peace is every step by thich that nahn (sp?), siddartha by herman hesse, snow crash by neal stephenson, anything by william gibson, mirrorshades, anything by DT suzuki, programming language textbooks and informative gardening/horticultural literature. fiction and nonfiction of all kinds, really.. i was one of those who taught myself how to read really young. OH and manga, comics, graphic novels of all sorts. if i start on a series of something i like, i will read every issue.

TV shows/Movies: lately it's been the walking dead series for tv. i don't get into much cable tv but i'll download a show if i find it worth watching. i hate to admit ive watched a lot of true blood. i don't think its that great but its kind of funny. dexter, breaking bad, the office (for a while not really anymore), i used to be obsessed with iron chef , i like cartoons like those found on adult swim.. anime included. tim and eric.. haha. random stuff. as for movies, i like sci-fi classics.

Instrument: piano/keys/synths! i'd love to learn drums though.

Do you like sports? i like hiking does that count? rock climbing looks cool but i need to get in better shape i think

Family: younger brother with aspergers. mom that definitely has something but isn't diagnosed

Clothing: unless i have to go out in public in usually i wear tanktops and basketball shorts for comfort. actually i still wear that in public if im going to like gamestop or walmart or something..lol id never wear shoes if i didnt have to. though i used to always and only wear doc martens boots :P

How did you find this website? been researching aspergers for a while.

Job: i garden for an old lady once a week. dont make much. also do administrative assistance at my tech school but i dont get paid because i'm working in lieu of paying for classes/exams. i've had a few jobs in the past but none lasted

Plans for the future? i just want to find work that I ENJOY, that can support me so i can move out of my moms house.

Any comments? im glad i found WP

drp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

What is your first name? Andrew.

Hobbies and Interests: study on wild animals, hangout, internet

Why are you here? Because the world I live in is rather NT-orientated, and confuses me far too much.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I said I was thirteen, but counting back I was actually twelve.

Favorite subjects: Math, science

Year/Grade: graduated

Favorite music: guitar

Books: facts, stories

TV shows/Movies: Ice Age, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, Jurassic Park, King Kong, Land of the Lost, The Jungle Book, The Lion King, Tarzan, Horton Hears a Who!, Despicable Me, Rio, Jaws, Flipper, Aladdin, The Future Is Wild, Clash of the Titans, The Lorax, Monsters vs. Aliens, SpongeBob SquarePants, Phineas and Ferb, Wreck-It Ralph, Mickey Mouse Adventures

Instrument: don't play any

Do you like sports? Golf

Family: mother, father, sister

Clothing: shorts, t-shirts

How did you find this website? friend told me

Job: taking care of rodents and parrots

Plans for the future? movie director or make up stories

Any comments? make friends

mikie
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

the_enigma wrote:
This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

Quote:
What is your first name? michele

Hobbies and Interests:reading, music nature walks & going to the beach

Why are you here?seem to have some aspie traits

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:like all types

Books:'the shadow and the night' by chris walley

TV shows/Movies:big bang theory.

Instrument:steelpan

Do you like sports? yes.

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website?after taking a aspie quiz.

Job: dental therapist.

Plans for the future?travell more.

Any comments?
it helps knowing that there are many out there who struggle with social awkardness & having a feeling of not fitting in with the norm.

Trunkles
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Apr 2013, 4:05 pm

What is your first name? Simon

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, books, cryptic crosswords, gardening.

Why are you here? To be part of the international family of auties.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2006 for ADHD, 2012 for Asperger's.

Favourite music: Pink Floyd, Genesis, Jethro Tull, The Police and most classical music except Mozart and Chopin.

Books: Anything by Terry Pratchett, Jasper Fforde or Neil Gaiman.

TV shows/Movies: 2001, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually, Time Team, Red Dwarf. QI.

Instrument: Classical guitar but that was a LONG time ago.

Do you like sports? Nope, loathe them.

Family: Two sons by ex-wife. I'm now single and looking. :D

Clothing: Rather not but I don't want to get busted or laughed at. :lol:

Job: Software Engineer but I don't work now, I'm on invalid benefit.

Plans for the future? To work again. To get a girlfriend.

KF2M
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2013, 5:59 am

What is your first name? Greg

Hobbies and Interests: Airsoft, Cars, Computers, Drums, Electronics, Ham Radio, Jeeps

Why are you here? Aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About 1 year ago

Favorite subjects: History, Science

Year/Grade: Graduated HS in 1981

Favorite music: Rock, Metal, Jazz

Books: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Moon, Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road, Traveling Music: The Soundtrack to My Life and Times, Roadshow: Landscape With Drums, Hells Angels, Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72, The Great Shark Hunt, Generation of Swine, Songs of the Doomed, Better Than Sex: Confessions of a Political Junkie, Kingdom of Fear, Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness Modern History from the Sports Desk, Hunt For Red October, Red Storm Rising, and a whole lot more.

TV shows/Movies: NCIS, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, DWTS, Splash, Military Channel, Star Trek, Star Wars, Ironman, The Avengers

Instrument: Drums

Do you like sports? Devils, Giants, and the Mets

Family: estranged

Clothing: Business casual, or jeans/flannel shirt

How did you find this website? Google is your friend

Job: Computer Engineer / Datacenter Sitter

Plans for the future? Make it to retirement

Any comments? Where are we going? Why we in this handbasket?

Babylon_Dimanche
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2013, 12:01 am

What is your first name? Anastasia

Hobbies and Interests: Art of any kind (I draw a lot in pen and coloured pencil, working on a tattoo apprenticeship so drawing a lot of that as well as realistic portraits, and am a graphic design student so I do a lot of digital art as well), music with dissonance, psychology/sociology, movies...

Why are you here? It just clicked that I am definitely a person with Asperger's, everything about me makes sense now.

When were you diagnosed?
(skip if you don't have a disorder): Haven't been diagnosed with that yet, but I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Type 2, Acute Panic Disorder, ADHD (which I think is a misdiagnosis quite frankly).

Favorite subjects: ART!! (limited interests much?) Seriously though. It's what I live for. Also because of the nature of my brain I am very interested in understanding how I and other people think and operate based on a variety of factors including cultural and societal influences, personal experiences, and personal biology.

Year/Grade:
Half way through a graphic design advanced diploma program.

Favorite music: Punk Cabaret

Books: White Oleander, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Valley of the Dolls.

TV shows/Movies: American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Ink Master, Archer (TV); Natural Born Killers, Titus, anything Tarantino, Rules of Attraction (MOVIES).... it goes on.

Instrument: la voix

Do you like sports? not really... I cannot catch anything or throw anything or kick anything or aim whatsoever when it comes to spatial relations with an object.... I can shoot guns not bad, do yoga with mediocrity, and I used to be a synchronized swimmer.

Family: Father is also Bipolar/Asperger's, neither diagnosed but has lead to many issues in family dynamics and I am no longer speaking to most of my biological family. I have an awesome half-sister (who I didn't know existed until she found me on Facebook at age 18.. thanks Dad..) who is exactly like me and I talk to her a lot. I also have my ex-boyfriend/best friend and his mom who I am very close with. All three of the previously listed people are artists as well. My mom is afraid of my dad so she isn't speaking to me either, and my other two fully biological sisters think I'm a jerk because we're not talking (me and the parents) and listen to whatever they're saying about me and blaming on me and therefore do not really contact me either. When I contact them it's very short, uninvolved, and cold exchanges. It's been kinda hard with family lately but the support I have is appreciated despite my inability to show it most of the time...

Clothing: Things with spikes/studs/embellishments, animal print!!, black/gray/red, minimal use of colour but I always add a pop of it whether it be in the clothing or makeup. I like to wear leggings. Pants make me self-conscious.

How did you find this website?
Through wikipedia entry on Asperger's

Job: None currently... doing an unpaid apprenticeship at a tattoo parlour, in graphic design school but off for the summer and looking for part-time job but have great difficulties attending due to anxiety in social situations. Luckily at the tattoo parlour they're all artists and all kind of weird to begin with so they don't really notice. I'm more comfortable there.

Plans for the future? Finish apprenticeship and diploma, become a successful portrait tattoo artist and open my own shop and do all my own graphic design and web design.

Any comments? I hope somebody reads this because even though I am completely self-absorbed I am actually pretty cool and interesting. I like to learn about whatever I can, often within the realms of art (as if I haven't stressed it enough), and sciences. And yes, I did in fact make sure every question and answer had different places in the visual typographical hierarchy. Hopefully it made it easier to read.

V3n0m777
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2013, 12:02 am

What is your first name?
Richard

Hobbies and Interests:
Movies, collecting movies, collecting interesting things around whichever hobby has my focus, Creative type things.

Why are you here?
No idea. Why am I here???

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:
Lost in interest in music. Used to listen to metal a lot when I was younger.

Books:
Sometimes I start to read a book and just forget about it as my focus is drawn elsewhere.

TV shows/Movies:
IMPOSSIBLE to answer when I have such a large collection of movies. I seem to like everything! Maybe that is an answer, EVERYTHING.

Instrument:
Played guitar for twenty years, but stopped about two years ago.

Do you like sports?
No.

Family:
Some.

Clothing:
I do wear clothing, I didn't join a nudist colony yet!

By accident. I just fell in the door and now here I am.

Job:
Nobody wants to employ me, because I'm too strange and hard for them to understand/deal with. They look at me like I just landed on Planet Earth.
I don't last long when I've had a job, because I can't fit in at all.

Plans for the future?
I don't know what the future has planned for me, I'll just deal with it when it gets here.

Any comments?
Would you like to be a pepper too?

Grevesy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2013, 6:17 pm

What is your first name?
George. I'm named after my father.

Hobbies and Interests: Movies, Japanese culture, illustration, comics, stickers, video games, astronomy, philosophy

Why are you here?
It's nice to speak to people who can understand me and who I can relate to.

Depression and Anxiety, 2008. Pending AS/AvPD.

Favorite subjects:
Does this refer to school? I suppose art and illustration. I have special interests in both. Also Japanese culture and language.

Year/Grade:
Final year of a Ba(Hons) in Illustration.

Favorite music:
I like a lot of types, from rock, ska, pop and orchestral mostly. My favourite song is Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park. It's so old now but I've never grown out of it!

Books:
A lot of sci-fi books as I find the real world boring. However I obsessively read books once I get into them at the expense of everything else, so I try and limit myself.

TV shows/Movies:
Many, but I love action/adventure and sci-fi. The cooler the better. I'm a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis which is entirely my father's fault.

Instrument:
A little bit of piano which we were forced to learn as kids. I play songs I like, particularly music by Eric Satie.
I've played the drum kit for eight years and am in a band. I used to have an old Yamaha kit but now have a Roland TD-3 electric kit.

Do you like sports?
No. I was always picked last for sports and don't understand the appeal.
However, I learned Philipino Eskrima Martial Arts for self-defence purposes. I wouldn't call it a sport.

Family:
Most of my family are born on days very near each other. My sister is born the day before my father, my brother the day before my mom.
I think my father might have AS traits as well. My mom is awesome, words cannot adequately describe her. She is the one who helps me deal with my issues. I also have two pet rabbits called Apollo and Cumulonimbus.

Clothing:
Comfortable loose clothing only. I wear loose jeans, t-shirts with images on them and hoodies. One day I hope to own a hoodie in every colour. I'm almost always cold so I also wear vests, long-sleeved thermals, jackets, coats, hats, scarves and gloves.

I was researching Asperger's.

Job:
Hoping to be either a freelance illustrator, comic artist or games designer.

Plans for the future?
To earn enough money to live comfortably. I would like to be able to pay my parents back for the money they have invested in me.

Any comments?
I'm an aromantic asexual. I dislike physical contact. It's nice to know that there are other people like me in the world.

peter8473
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2013, 3:13 pm

What is your first name?
peter
Hobbies and Interests:
music,games,being weird
Why are you here?
i was drawn here

Favorite subjects:
history
Year/Grade:

Favorite music:
indie, primal scream, the strokes ,the libertines, arctic monkeys eyc
Books:

TV shows/Movies:
fear and loathing in las vegas, jaws, brass eye, extras, idiot abroad
Instrument:
none
Do you like sports?
yes
Family:
small
Clothing:
awful
dunno
Job:
postman
Plans for the future?
survive/enjoy/learn
Any comments? yes how the hells it taken me so long to get here ?