Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

mathematixal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2013, 1:17 pm

Hello there.

I am not really sure what to write here.

I have been always told I have a strange communication style, and often got people very upset with me or offended for reasons I always cannot understand no matter what I do. When I ask them to please tell me why concretely, they get even more angry for the fact that I do not understand. Somehow the fact that I do not have bad intention seems to get lost and or irrelevant within the mess of social awkwardness caused by my errors in communication skills. This, and having a friend tell me the 'rules' by which 'normal' people have conversations (which was literally like rules from a different planet to me, completely ungraspable through intuition but somewhat dissolvable through logic), I decided to properly investigate if I have Aspergers.

It has also turned out that my ex-husband, my current boyfriend, my mother, and several friends of mine have Aspergers/autism spectrum classification, and I noticed that I have always felt conversation and interaction with them easy, rational, comfortable, and fulfilling (at least relatively, in comparison to what is 'normality'), which also was a reason for me to investigate.

It is good to see there are people who understand and share the same struggles in this world. It is good to know I can connect with them. I hope to do this here, without alienating too many people here in the process. Thank you.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 2:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 4:24 pm

Greetings, and welcome! :)

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 4:43 pm

Hey there. Don't worry about alinating the already alienated. We get it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 6:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 6:28 pm

Wow, I thought Japanese were such logical people you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.
There goes those assumptions :)

Welcome; There are lots of great people and threads here on Wrong Planet.
Sounds like you'll fit right in.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 2:05 pm

Welcome :)

lammiu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2013, 2:10 am

I'm new too! I'm from Hong Kong. It's good to know that someone in this community is also from Asia. I also went through similar struggles with hard time keeping a job, long term relationships. That's why I have built a blog to share all knowledge I learnt from books and videos from expert like Dr. Tony Attwood and chinese Aspie articles. Hopefully the knowledge that helps me will help others as well.

lammiuamy.blogspot.hk